What's new

Should HitBox be banned?

hardwire

Noob
No, you can just hook up your usb mouse and keyboard. Works immediately. Gamemakers do not support them in games but it's not impossible. If you want to play games that do not support keyboard and mouse, you'll have to use use the converter you mentioned. But then you cannot turn as fast as with a 'real' mouse as it only uses you keyboard and mouse input to mimic a pad.

A hitbox does not make you able to do iagb lower to the ground. You can get the timing down on a pad. You'll have to do that on hitbox as well. It doesn't make you an instant executionlord. But it's slightly easier on hitbox. On the other hand, you cannot train yourself on a pad to turn as fast as a mouseplayer would.
thanks for conferming my point
hitboxes are fine and should be left alone why would we want to stop progress of a fight controller.

and ya i can do iagb with a pad i am just trying to add to the argument (not trolling but debating.)

hardwire

Noob
I just don't understand how anyone can use a pad for an actual competitive manner for FPSes and I'm sure there's no money in PC FPSes anymore since the only big money maker anymore is Cowadoodie. :facepalm:
cod is still massive on the pc (as much as it pains me to admit that) and they know it.

and there are still majors for the pc.

bbbbbuuuuuuuuuutttttt if you want to see where the real tallent is you need to come to dallas in august for quakecon and watch the quake 3 pro tornament it gets fucking sick quick.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
cod is still massive on the pc (as much as it pains me to admit that) and they know it.

and there are still majors for the pc.

bbbbbuuuuuuuuuutttttt if you want to see where the real tallent is you need to come to dallas in august for quakecon and watch the quake 3 pro tornament it gets fucking sick quick.
Right, but what I'm trying to say is that it's really the simplified toned down FPSes that're pulling in money these days. CS, DoD, Quake, Unreal, etc... pretty much dead these days.

shura30

Shura
If you cook one meal does that make you a chef? If you bake one loaf of bread does that make you a baker? If you suck one dick...
so, aren't you agreeing with my point?

Hey I googled how to build a hitbox controller and guess what, nothing but reviews! How about providing links since everything is a breeze for you.
i googled how to get infinite money but i only get links to books or training courses

if you want to build something, i'm afraid it may be no single link job

i'll give you some details:

any pcb hack hold the same identical concept
in the custom fightstick case you'll wire directions to a lever, in the hitbox one inputs will go on separate buttons

big ass tech talk forums (like shoryuken's) hold so many knowledge you should start there if really interested

So everyone must have soldering tools and knowledge of using them, I would love to order these parts and just end up with a fucked product.
base soldering kit = 15$
cheap pad < 20$
scrap wires = free

and it's no rocket science, read something, you can't fuck things up unless you don't have complete control over your fingers

Hey so the ONLY company that is mass producing these controllers are only capable to produce ps3/pc at the time, but these things are sooooo easy to make that there is a HUGE demand and a waiting list? WTF?! Are these people idiots, come on just go build your own, why wait?!
you can choose to either buy something or build it yourself
companies that build custom stuff are made of people doing this in their spare time

i've built a couple of custom myself out of some wood panel, modded a dreamcast one but in the end bought a qanba
each one of my works is fully functional, i just wanted to spend money for a complete product

and as far as i remember the ps360+ (wich is the widely used custom pcb beside pad hacking) is not available anymore
i think every modder is waiting for shops to restock

this only leaves with the padhack option which is something a 'company' may choose to not do

A PS3 user can buy theirs while a xbox user has to BUILD their own controller, am I the only one that sees an unfair advantage??? Why is it so fuckin mind boggling for a TEMPORARY ban until everyone can access it?!
i'm no ceo of a custom controller company
but i think they get to choose what produce and what not

Please someone tell me why Kratos is banned from tournaments, because you can just google him and see his kombos...
this statement proves that any further response should be ignored

aj1701

Noob
Is cocaine banned?
Because its illegal, yes. Caffiene is not banned tmk and its proven to increase reaction time 7%. I support steroid bans in sports only because it forces players to chose between being great at their sport or physical harm, and again its illegal. If it was legal and there were no negative side effects I wouldn't support a ban there either.

Justice

Noob
:focus:

I don't think that Hitboxes should be banned. The only reason we're having this discussion is because it is new tech and not everyone understands it and feels that it is "broken". Hay NRS! We need a patch for this! :bigsmile:

I have not seen anything yet that convinces me that the Hitbox alone makes a player that much better. MK was specifically designed to be used with sticks. I personally don't agree, but that is the corporate line from NRS. As people have proven, it's the player that makes the controller, not the other way around. I know a girl that can type 100 wpm but couldn't get an iaf off on one of those things.

In this entire thread, I have only seen one tournament-level player (that I recognize anyway) speak out against Hitboxes. That tells me that there's far too many salty scrubs out there that would rather whine than pick up their controller of choice and start practicing. It's as big of a joke as it was when SvR '11 came out and the people over at caws.ws started bitching about people using batteries and such to kick out of submissions. We were doing that in arcades 20 yrs ago.

Just shut up and play the game already :boohoo:

AC1984

Kaballin!
How exactly is someone going to "take care of me"? Seriously, I'd really like to know when I live on the other side of the planet in Australia.

Since you quoted me twice in the same thread, first to point out EXACTLY what I said in a albeit VERY lame attempt at ridicule, and 2nd to also point out once AGAIN that others agree with what I was saying and a HB is fine, quite obviously shows that you are threatened by new comers and feel the need to call them names.

Now please take this opportunity to insert your penis into your rectum. Idiot.
I mean ban or something.I read only your first sentence and I wont waste time for the rest....I assume its bullshit anyway...Mate...

axeman87

Noob
I mean ban or something.I read only your first sentence and I wont waste time for the rest....I assume its bullshit anyway...Mate...
Oh right. Is that how it works around here?

People are banned for simply expressing an opinion? I would have though someone would have banned for something like.... hmmmm let me think... how about directly targeting another forum user? You know... directly insulting them by calling them names like... an 'idiot' for example.

Strange indeed.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Seems to me like the vast majority of people think the hitbox should not be banned.

And rightly so.

[MENTION=355]AC1984[/MENTION], I don't think he was shit talking REO, he's just new to the kommunity.

WWFMD (what would frank mullen do)

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
No shit? Did you even read what I said? There is a adapter for a ps controller to be used on a 360, there is a adapter for a 360 controller to be used on a ps *Which I use* EXCEPT a hitbox...Do you see the fuckin point I'm trying to make or can you not figure out the rest? I can't use an adapter on a hitbox, it doesn't detect it properly and sticks can be bought for either system, meaning I can have two of the same stick but one for each system.

Should every xbox player that plays tournaments be forced to go buy a playstation if they want to use a hitbox that is obviously the superior controller OR should they buy a hitbox and only learn to use a hitbox at every tournament they attend?

Answer my question since " I can't figure it out," is Kratos allowed at tournaments or is it considered unfair since 360 doesn't even have the character?

I have money for a hitbox, But I don't have money for a whole new system and copy of mk and also the soul purpose of it would be to practice for tournaments...

Why do you think a TEMPORARY ban until both systems can access it is so outrageous?
That's why you get it dual-modded. Case closed. We can all move on.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Back on topic:

I'm waiting to hear a final word from Phil and Shock and other major tournament organizers on the hitbox. I really hope it isn't banned because I'd like to get one, but I won't commit to a $200 purchase if I'm not 100% sure it won't be banned from competition.

Flagg

Noob
Guys, there are plenty of sticks out there that are dual modded.

As for the original question if hitboxes should be banned, then of course not. That said, a hitbox isn't going to instantly make you a better player. I'm a pretty decent pad player and I got a fightstick about 2-3 weeks ago. There's some stuff I can do pretty consistently on the stick like combos, however using spacing on a stick still feels weird compared to a pad. But it's all about practice.

It's also about preference. Im sure there are people that have dropped their pads for sticks or hitboxes, and simply not felt comfortable and gone back to what they are best at. At the end of the day, it's about what feels best for the individual. REO obviously feels he can play his best game on a Hitbox, so why should he be punished for that?

Back on topic:

I'm waiting to hear a final word from Phil and Shock and other major tournament organizers on the hitbox. I really hope it isn't banned because I'd like to get one, but I won't commit to a $200 purchase if I'm not 100% sure it won't be banned from competition.
I don't think it should. HitBox doesn't to my knowledge do any exploits or glitches such as SOCD. Inputs are all manual, all it does is alleviate the motions and such people are accustomed to from stick/pad.

EVO didn't have it banned, and that's the largest FG organization. The gist is, if you ban Hit Box, you'll have to ban anything that is not default for the console that the game is playing on. As anything can be modded to do SOCD if you wanted it to, or other exploits.

This is the fighting game community, the one where people try to find every single exploit in a game to try and win and abuse the shit out of it. Banning a hitbox would go against that method of thinking. If you ban them might as well ban any character that isn't low tier because that's an unfair advantage.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
This is the fighting game community, the one where people try to find every single exploit in a game to try and win and abuse the shit out of it. Banning a hitbox would go against that method of thinking. If you ban them might as well ban any character that isn't low tier because that's an unfair advantage.
Agreed. :D

I personally do not see how they can ban them. A hitbox does allow you to do anything special that any other controller does not allow you to do. Anyone that wants to use a hitbox and buy or make their own.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I wish I lived near Dallas. I love me some Quake.

Leave the Hitbox alone. It's awesome. Beatable, and awesome.
Until it's proven it can do otherwise impossible things, it should stay.