What's new

General/Other - Alien Should Alien get the Tanya treatment?

Does Alien Deserve the Tanya Treatment?

• Yes

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
sorry about that mixup fellas. ! but yeah either way, they did nothing to get rid of delayed rekkas gapless being safe.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yup. Still possible lol

EDIT: Actually, no i got this wrong. You can make them pistive but u have to max delay the rekkas. If u make them gapless perfectly, you are -6. Still dumb either way lol
seems fair enough to me, i mean, i feel if they nerfed the rekka's again then he could pretty much be blown up by every OS armor reversal in the game, which would kinda suck.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Yup. Still possible lol

EDIT: Actually, no i got this wrong. You can make them pistive but u have to max delay the rekkas. If u make them gapless perfectly, you are -6. Still dumb either way lol
so not really cause for people calling it broken, it has been fixed, if its plus there is a gap, and if it jails its minus 6 not her turn again?

and on the same note, they didnt get them fixed just minor patched with many other nerfes that where uneeded.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
seems fair enough to me, i mean, i feel if they nerfed the rekka's again then he could pretty much be blown up by every OS armor reversal in the game, which would kinda suck.
i mean, you aren't gonna armor through the rekkas EVERY single time simply because u would want to preserve meter for at least a breaker or 2. Plus even though he puts gaps in it, if he max delays, the person is still+2 so you have to continue blocking another f134 50/50 / they don't a;ways have to do rekkas they still have tail flip, and tail snag

so not really cause for people calling it broken, it has been fixed, if its plus there is a gap, and if it jails its minus 6 not her turn again?

and on the same note, they didnt get them fixed just minor patched with many other nerfes that where uneeded.
i understand what u mean, but this stuff is easier said on papaer than outright done in a match. Yeah he is -6, BUT the chip you take is very good, and he can backdash out of your followup and b3 or f4 you right back into rekkas if you whiff a normal/reversal. the rekkas should be -20 regardless i don't believe in safe mix ups or 50/50's. just my opnion

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem

umm NO!

BF4 will stay OH
and
F134 will stay Mid Mid Low.

news flash, alien is fair, she has already been nerfed and normalized. Alien is the new black sheep, the community hs to have something to complain about.

on another note: you obviously don't play alien. that adjustment you suggested, single handedly destroyed Acidic's midscreen mixup, Midscreen Combos, corner carry, and The entire Corner stack combos all in one adjustment. its a good thing you don't work for NRS. wait do you?

yeah it wasn't the tanya treatment, it was worse. lol
How do people take you seriously? Literally none of what you just said is true (except maybe those specific nerfs won't happen)
Don't reply to me again, you are not a believable troll.

MadeOfMetal

i mean, you aren't gonna armor through the rekkas EVERY single time simply because u would want to preserve meter for at least a breaker or 2. Plus even though he puts gaps in it, if he max delays, the person is still+2 so you have to continue blocking another f134 50/50 / they don't a;ways have to do rekkas they still have tail flip, and tail snag

i understand what u mean, but this stuff is easier said on papaer than outright done in a match. Yeah he is -6, BUT the chip you take is very good, and he can backdash out of your followup and b3 or f4 you right back into rekkas if you whiff a normal/reversal. the rekkas should be -20 regardless i don't believe in safe mix ups or 50/50's. just my opnion
a ok to everything but no safe 50/50's the game is riddled with them, and the game would basically be remade to take that out, i mean its a land of Vortex's, HTB's, Cancel PRessure, and Safe or made Safe 50/50's thats MKXL now, but yeah rekkas should be less safe, its a glorified Cancel pressure tool with better perks

Tanya is an example of a badly designed character that they had no idea how to fix. The only change Id like to see for Alien, is replacing f134 for a completely different string. Alien is just another example of a mistake during the design process. Should they every try to fix it, they must rework him as a character. And that's never gonna happen. Oh, and why? Because a string that has 25/25/25/25 shouldn't exist in the first place. And Alien's gameplay revolves around that string. If they decide to keep it maybe .... Make regular flip hit mid. EX should stay the same.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Tanya is an example of a badly designed character that they had no idea how to fix. The only change Id like to see for Alien, is replacing f134 for a completely different string. Alien is just another example of a mistake during the design process. Should they every try to fix it, they must rework him as a character. And that's never gonna happen. Oh, and why? Because a string that has 25/25/25/25 shouldn't exist in the first place. And Alien's gameplay revolves around that string. If they decide to keep it maybe .... Make regular flip hit mid. EX should stay the same.
The concept of all 3 variations of Tanya was actually good in the first place. One zoning, one pressure and one "air shenanigan". However instead of listening to pro players, NRS listened to scrubs to please them by giving her way too many unnecessary nerfs without any idea how they will affect the character

On paper she was interesting. I don't remember how all variations worked out on day one, but Kobu turned out to be so good that DN and Pyro became obsolete. Kobu also based whole gameplan on one string, maybe two if we add b3. I mean, we all know how Tanya was played and how sleep inducing it was. I see the same colors in Alien. One boring move that is so good that the rest is just an addon. It's a bad design to force the opponent to block constantly. You get nothing more braindead in the entire game.

Last edited:

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
On paper she was interesting. I don't remember how all variations worked out on day one, but Kobu turned out to be so good that DN and Pyro became obsolete. Kobu also based whole gameplan on one string, maybe two if we add b3. I mean, we all know how Tanya was played and how sleep inducing it was. I see the same colors in Alien. One boring move that is so good that the rest is just an addon. It's a bad design to force the opponent to block constantly. You get nothing more braindead in the entire game.
I would say, they just had failed to keep the variations purposes to its own by destroying them because of whinings. Like Kobu Jutsu, other 2 variations should have had interesting options to keep playing with. Destroying everything doesnt solve anything and hasnt solved, Tanya has become a great example for that.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Remove the armor on his EX flip. That's the only tweak needed.

MadeOfMetal

well if you ask me, i think she is Very good and not broken, like most of the top tiers, D'Vorah, Kano, Kung Jin, Mileena, Johnny Cage, Tekada, Ermac, Sonya. IMO none of the top tiers have anything that pushes them to game breaking, they all are pretty much good at everything, but just that. nothing that makes them win 70% or more against the entire cast. maybe a matchup or two but the whole cast, nothing here is broke.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
The thing is, is she actually totally dreadful now? Or did everyone just drop her because there's a hot new top tier to jump to instead?

People say Quan is bad now, but he's still sick.
I never said she's unplayable at all but I'm using her as an example of constant knee jerk nerfs which usually impact the original design or concept of the character. They went on about how she's based on mobility etc etc. Killed off the TP. which is since it needed to be toned down a bit, then got nothing but nerfs for the most part from then on. It gets kind of annoying. She was fine in my opinion before this last set of patches. Most people leave their character in this game because it boils down to...why should I work harder and get less reward for more risk when I can go to another character who does the same exact thing but safer or better. Hence Tanya to Tarkaten Alien. It makes sense. In any fighting game I'm pretty much a character loyalist. Even in MK. Up until now I'd always mained scorpion and subbed various others. However so much kept changing over and over in this game (and there were many characters I liked) that this is the only exception as I've jumped around a bit. Settled on Tanya...all the way until the last patch. Then moved on. Mostly out of annoyance.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
The thing is, is she actually totally dreadful now? Or did everyone just drop her because there's a hot new top tier to jump to instead?

Yes, I can admit that Quan Chi is still a good character with his other 2 variations. Tanya could have been played with other variations too and could have some potential, BUT that potential got taken away from Tanya by 3 4 + special move delay, reduced damage for flip kick, drill kick (and ex ones), ex teleport. Therefore with those changes, her many combo options got also taken away. That is why people started to agree that no one deserves to get what she has got (she didnt deserve too. I think changes to Kobu Jutsu were enough actually, not special move things and delay) . I can see and understand the hates to her, yet I think there are Tanya loyalists, who were waiting for her for years (i'm one of them) . So I find this unfair, no matter who says anything.

She is very much unplayable. If not, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
If NRS doesn't patch this game again, I may never pick it back up. My main got the God tier treatment when it comes to nerfs(Tremor) then they release Alien in that same patch. I will just wait for Injustice 2 if they are done working on the pile of uneven shit that they took on MKX