What's new

General/Other - Alien Should Alien get the Tanya treatment?

Does Alien Deserve the Tanya Treatment?

• Yes

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
If you are still struggling with Tarkatan rekkas even after Pig made that video making it so stupidly easy for you... Then you shouldn't be making balance threads

The amount of uniformed whining about this character is record breaking

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
As someone who has experience in ALL 3 Alien variants and mained her since XL, the damn girl needs fixing but not in the areas i see from OP. What needs to go is

Armor on rekkas
Armor on Tail Grab
Armor on Spinner
Ji2 Reduced
Hitbox issues that cause her to evade mids resolved
Jailing rekkas
F134 needs to be full combo punishable, or end in a mid. That is the most scrubbiest string in the game free. F134 xx tail flip=safe. Cancel it into TS you are unsafe but chances are, they'll get hit by it more often than not. Plus u can just do f13 into Tail Flip lol. There's no defending this string ..

Idgaf what you say the damn character doesn't need a 50/50 ARMORED WAKEUP OPTION. NOR 2 ARMORED LAUNCHERS. Don't care if they can be armor broken by like 5 characters that shit needs to go.

Last edited:

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
I haven't been on as much of late but did something ground breaking happen to Alien's rekkas? I watched all of MK combo breaker and Dragon did delayed rekkas all tourney with hardly any consequences.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I haven't been on as much of late but did something ground breaking happen to Alien's rekkas? I watched all of MK combo breaker and Dragon did delayed rekkas all tourney with hardly any consequences.
Delaying the rekkas without gaps is still a thing. They make the rekkas safe essentially. Instead of -20 he'd be -6 or -4 ect. Don't rememer exact numbers, but thats why

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Delaying the rekkas without gaps is still a thing. They make the rekkas safe essentially. Instead of -20 he'd be -6 or -4 ect. Don't rememer exact numbers, but thats why
Ok I thought that was patched out. If in order to make rekkas safe you absolutely had to leave a gap then he would be fine. Still top tier but fair. Non ex Tail flip mixups don't do that much damage and ex flip is unsafe so it balances. You shouldn't be losing to tail flip its just annoying. The ability to lock a character down with anything into safe rekkas is bs.

Wigy

There it is...
kind of like johnny's safe oh? or many other characters that have methods to make mixups safe?

if im correct his armor version is not as safe? but many character have safe launching moves.

wait a second, the OP was talking about the rekkas should get nerfed how did we get on a move that has nothing to do with brokeness?
Stop with the vague bullshit comparisons to cage. He has no low starter, and its not a special he can just throw with his 17 different low OH strings.

Kitana and liu just off the top of my head both have safe low starters with no proper overhead, exactly the same thing. Hell jax has a safe low and overhead.

Entirely different characters with different tools and you just look moronic and butthurt saying this shit.

Anyways, alien is clearly a bit over the top he completely dominates the neutral and has insane braindead mixups and footsies. Hes super fucking braindead is my main complaint. Super cheese. At least kabal required skill.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Stop with the vague bullshit comparisons to cage. He has no low starter, and its not a special he can just throw with his 17 different low OH strings.

Kitana and liu just off the top of my head both have safe low starters with no proper overhead, exactly the same thing. Hell jax has a safe low and overhead.

Entirely different characters with different tools and you just look moronic and butthurt saying this shit.

Anyways, alien is clearly a bit over the top he completely dominates the neutral and has insane braindead mixups and footsies. Hes super fucking braindead is my main complaint. Super cheese. At least kabal required skill.

back up a bit. i never said Cage had both oh and low's that where safe. just was saying the OH and it says it in tmy post clearly.

and you left out quite a bit of characters that have safe oh's and or Low's
point was they wher not talking about BF4 being a safe low and OH they where talking about it being a safe special that hits OH, and i said many charcaters have this why is that even remotely close to broken or in any need of fixing?

again why are you freaking out on me?

i seen someone say something incorrect about alien and i corrected it by giving a correct comparison. A character that has a safe OH.

nothing aginst your charcater wiggy, i was simply letting some others know that Alien like many others on this game have safe mixup options and i used Cage and many others as an example.

if your freaking out thinking im making cage sound just like alien thats not what im doing, even though johnny is top 5, im not trying to get anyone nerfed, clearly as all my above posts show.

you shouldn't worry about your cage. my point actually would strengthen that cage doesn't deserve a nerf for his Safe overhead, because Many characters have the same thing.

my point was if almost everyone has safe mixups why would you nerf one character for having what others clearly have.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Ok I thought that was patched out. If in order to make rekkas safe you absolutely had to leave a gap then he would be fine. Still top tier but fair. Non ex Tail flip mixups don't do that much damage and ex flip is unsafe so it balances. You shouldn't be losing to tail flip its just annoying. The ability to lock a character down with anything into safe rekkas is bs.
yeah if they do in fact jail then what you are saying sounds, legit to me. make a gap in there.

MadeOfMetal

As someone who has experience in ALL 3 Alien variants and mained her since XL, the damn girl needs fixing but not in the areas i see from OP. What needs to go is

Armor on rekkas
Armor on Tail Grab
Armor on Spinner
Ji2 Reduced
Jailing rekkas
F134 needs to be full combo punishable, or end in a mid. That is the most scrubbiest string in the game free. F123 xx tail flip=safe. Cancel it into TS you are unsafe but chances are, they'll get hit by it more often than not. Plus u can just do f13 into Tail Flip lol. There's no defending this string ..

Idgaf what you say the damn character doesn't need a 50/50 ARMORED WAKEUP OPTION. NOR 2 ARMORED LAUNCHERS. Don't care if they can be armor broken by like 5 characters that shit needs to go.
agree with all but what i strike through.

F134 is fine, other characters have this option, i have named some of them above, but don't really see why it would be nerfed while others have the same thing, a string that has a low or an overhead with the option to special into a mixup. not really gamebreaking or broke, since alot of characters have this. but i can understand where you feel she doesn't need it. i like having it with acidic and am 100% against changing that string. besides thats a universal, and B113 is better anywas startup faster and is quicker to block.

MadeOfMetal

Just make F1,3,4 MID,MID,MID

care to explain? you know what there has been plenty of posts above explaining why F134 is not the best string to use, then plently of posts showing that F134 is not broken, and there are so many characters that have mixup strings, and they have specials to create the same result as F134 does for alien.

F134 will remain a low

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
care to explain? you know what there has been plenty of posts above explaining why F134 is not the best string to use, then plently of posts showing that F134 is not broken, and there are so many characters that have mixup strings, and they have specials to create the same result as F134 does for alien.

F134 will remain a low
It's a braindead 50/50 - most characters in the game can't punish Alien's regular flip, so, he'll do that 50/50 over and over again, and the regular flip is an hard knockdown.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
but at the same time before his F134 should remain the same until someone comes out with a sound reason as to why it should be nerfed.

just gonna say it, if your reason is he is safe mixups with low to oh or low/oh. then stop there, more than half the cast have the same thing.
I think if they changed the cancel advantage of F13 to have a gap if you dont finish the string that would be fine. So the guess would be whether to armour the gap or block the whole string. I dont know if that would nerf him too bad but thats the fairest thing i can think of

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge

Armor on rekkas
Armor on Tail Grab
Armor on Spinner
Ji2 Reduced
Jailing rekkas
F134 needs to be full combo punishable, or end in a mid. That is the most scrubbiest string in the game free. F123 xx tail flip=safe. Cancel it into TS you are unsafe but chances are, they'll get hit by it more often than not. Plus u can just do f13 into Tail Flip lol. There's no defending this string ..

what you mean by jailing rekkas? you talking as in jailing from strings into rekka's? also tailflips armor should stay, it can have at least one universal armored launcher.

Helicopper

I CANNOT WIN
why would you do that? i have to hear this?

first of all let me ask do you main/pocket all 3 variations of alien?
I play tarkatan and a little acidic. I don't really have a main since i play a lot of characters but imo, it's another 50/50 he doesn't need if he can cancel his strings into an overhead or low special.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
kind of like johnny's safe oh? or many other characters that have methods to make mixups safe?

if im correct his armor version is not as safe? but many character have safe launching moves.

wait a second, the OP was talking about the rekkas should get nerfed how did we get on a move that has nothing to do with brokeness?
What are the characters with safe launching armoured moves?

Cryomancer (but that's slow as fuck), Raiden (but it's a high) and Goro (punch walk is probably the best move in the game but Goro needs it). Who else has safe, launching armour?

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
What are the characters with safe launching armoured moves?

Cryomancer (but that's slow as fuck), Raiden (but it's a high) and Goro (punch walk is probably the best move in the game but Goro needs it). Who else has safe, launching armour?
Crystalline.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Alien's halfscreen overhead gives me nightmares. That combined with all of his other tools is why I think he's one of the biggest walls of NOPE in this game. The amount of mind games for both Acidic and Tarkatan is a huge thorn in the side man.