What's new

General/Other - Shirai Ryu Shirai Ryu General Discussion Thread

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
did the guy know he could block? lol your combo counter reset
Yeah he knows how to block and he's damn good with multiple characters as well, but that doesn't mean anything if you don't block the ex kunai (knowing to block and actually blocking are two different things). It's the ex kunai that causes the combo reset in that situation.

Yeah he knows how to block and he's damn good with multiple characters as well, but that doesn't mean anything if you don't block the ex kunai (knowing to block and actually blocking are two different things). It's the ex kunai that causes the combo reset in that situation.
i meant he could block the 44 follow up after the restand.....doesn't matter if he didn't block the kunai lol

SOULWARRIOR 71K

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
100% serious. If you had three bars in the corner, you used to be able to JIP 44 ex kunai, 44 ex kunai, then full combo with the last bar. You can't do it anymore because NRS disabled the ability to use the ex kunai twice in that scenario.
i think he talking more that the 44 ex kunai 44 is more of a restand into reset and that it can be blocked rather frequently .

basically the dilemma is "is doing 44 exk 44 for reset worth the risk vs something say like 44 exk and confirm into 112 exbf2 etc"
potential higher damage with risk or slightly lower guaranteed damage with possible oki set up

thus why ive kinda stepped a bit back from using the restand as much .. sometimes its can be a godsend but usally i find that in the corner now i can settle with just using one bar combos and using another bar for exkunai for oki .

but it just depends.. story of my life.

Last edited:

SOULWARRIOR 71K

i think he talking more that the 44 ex kunai 44 is more of a restand into reset and that it can be blocked rather frequently .

basically the dilemma is "is doing 44 exk 44 for reset worth the risk vs something say like 44 exk and confirm into 112 exbf2 etc"
potential higher damage with risk or slightly lower guaranteed damage with possible oki set up

story of my life.
Yes, while 44 ex kunai could/can be blocked, you could have started it by doing 44 ex fist flurry b2 ex kunai and/or 33 ex kunai etc. (doing it this way was for style purposes only though).

I am still satisfied with only one restand/reset into 54%.

Yes, while 44 ex kunai could/can be blocked, you could have started it by doing 44 ex fist flurry b2 ex kunai and/or 33 ex kunai etc. (doing it this way was for style purposes only though).

I am still satisfied with only one restand/reset into 54%.
1 restand into 54% for 3 bars is weak you can get the same amount for 2 bars

SOULWARRIOR 71K

1 restand into 54% for 3 bars is weak you can get the same amount for 2 bars
It's 16% (risk the ex kunai getting blocked) + 54% (no risk if the opponent doesn't have meter). I don't think a collective 69/70% is weak. Sure, can you just do 3 44/45% combos? Absolutely. But we're trying to style on the poor unsuspecting opponent.

It's 16% (risk the ex kunai getting blocked) + 54% (no risk if the opponent doesn't have meter). I don't think a collective 69/70% is weak. Sure, can you just do 3 44/45% combos? Absolutely. But we're trying to style on the poor unsuspecting opponent.
ok I see what you did but you really really got lucky he didn t block the kunai setup it s not really worth it IMO

SOULWARRIOR 71K

ok I see what you did but you really really got lucky he didn t block the kunai setup it s not really worth it IMO
Definitely not something I would go to the well for often, but I use it to test my opponents' match up knowledge and/or if I'm feeling lucky. My bnb for damage is the 2 bar 51% that can be hit anywhere on screen and no blockable reset/restand required (I know we can get 52% mid-screen, but I don't like run cancels and it's a waste of effort just for 1% extra damage with the risk of dropping it because of lag).

Last edited:
Definitely not something I would go to the well for often, but I use it to test my opponents' match up knowledge and/or if I'm feeling lucky). My bnb for damage is the 2 bar 51% that can be hit anywhere on screen and no blockable reset/restand required (I know we can get 52% mid-screen, but I don't like run cancels and it's a waste of effort just for 1% extra damage with the risk of dropping it because of lag).
yeah I see it We should definitely play I ll still some of your techs

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I have been playing around with Takeda's cancels into Tornado Kick for a bit now with success... Not sure how many of you use it or even know its there, but I figure I'd show the tech either way...

The videos show SR and Lasher, but the cancel can be done in all variations including Ronin..

This is more inline with Mileena/Scorpion's jump kick cancels which can be annoying as hell... As you all know, these can be done on hit, on block, and even on whiff (or no contact)...

JLsmooth

PSN : JLsmoothy
I have been playing around with Takeda's cancels into Tornado Kick for a bit now with success... Not sure how many of you use it or even know its there, but I figure I'd show the tech either way...

The videos show SR and Lasher, but the cancel can be done in all variations including Ronin..

This is more inline with Mileena/Scorpion's jump kick cancels which can be annoying as hell... As you all know, these can be done on hit, on block, and even on whiff (or no contact)...

i use it a lot, with the jump kick it's the more effective for me

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
i mess around with takeda cause his combos are fun. are there any good tutorials for ronin. like maintaining pressure and bnbs, i dont realy know how to play him . also the shirai ryu teleport cancel. i see people use it for pressure, any tips on adding this to my game?

hayatei

Noob
i mess around with takeda cause his combos are fun. are there any good tutorials for ronin. like maintaining pressure and bnbs, i dont realy know how to play him . also the shirai ryu teleport cancel. i see people use it for pressure, any tips on adding this to my game?
hey man if you have any questions about ronin send me a private message, I will help you out

teleport cancels are all negative on block, but if you use them when your opponent isn't looking out for it (expecting kunai) they are decent to continue pressure. I find that I use them the most to confirm b3 teleport in a 50/50 situation, b2 teleport in the neutral and baiting armor. I can explain this more in depth if you want I guess

Kripplin

cat-o'-nine-tails
what are the best options after a opener to tele cancel - ? for example if you d4 b11 exkunai is good on block. if i tele cancel after a b2 or 112 tele cnl what do you guys like to do next?.