What's new

General/Other - Shirai Ryu Shirai Ryu General Discussion Thread

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Turn input shortcuts on and the way I do any instant air move is to jump up with the joy stick and make a 3/4 circle going clockwise (if youre on the left side) for teleports. So the inputs should look something like this :u:r:qtr:d:qtl:l. The trick is to do it very fast while being precise about inputting the 3/4 circle.
I'll give it a shot thanks :)

Anyone got any tips fighting Reptiles?
Bait their armor with tele cancels and stagger strings, otherwise control space with whips and try to not let them get started, most reptiles use frame traps alot themsleves and try to catch you sleepin so armor is your friend.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I thought he lost to Dragon Fire LK and Ronin Takeda. Both destroy his armor, pressure the crap out of him, out zone him and can get around the whips fairly easily.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
SR Takeda has 0 losing MUs.

Discuss.
I always thought SR lost to people who could both armor break consistently and also pressure him in the corner. So Jax, Alien, Mil, etc. He can provide pressure well and keep his opponent guessing but lacks the tools to escape pressure easily. He has to make a hard read or deal with the mixups/blocking and eventually he'll just get smothered. Especially since his only armor option is so damn slow and super punishable if blocked.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
He does have losing MU; almost anyone with pressure and armor breaking tools. Piercing, Tarkatan, DF, Cutthroat, Ronin, War God, Heavy Weapons, and Deceptive/Nimble just to name a few. I could be wrong about that last one, but it's still extremely difficult.

WeaponQ

Milksteak, Magnets, and Ghouls
Heres an easy 50% kombo that only requires 2 bars!
If you replace the first B21 in the second combo to just a B2 then the combo actually becomes 51%. Try it out. I think you might actually be able to replace the second B21 with just a B2 so you dont have to run cancel to make it a little easier for the same damage.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
In Injustice who played the most like SR Takeda, or Takeda in general?
I asked this same question in reverse when MKX first came out... I used Batman in Injustice... IMO he feels similar to Scorpion/Takeda due to his grappling hook although Batman was a more pressure oriented character for sure.

Last edited: