What's new

General/Other - Shirai Ryu Shirai Ryu General Discussion Thread

ryublaze

Noob
but if they block that teleport then what? thats still a risk too, and you get less for it.

btw, i was looking for you, care to play some sets?
yup b21 or b3 delayed teleport will still combo. It's a safe vortex outside of a few characters.

sure i can play tonight after ESL

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
yup b21 or b3 delayed teleport will still combo. It's a safe vortex outside of a few characters.

sure i can play tonight after ESL
alright, i need to play strong takedas, i always get blown up when one shows up because im not used to dealing with em.

That being said raptor, and i know you might be a bit biased, what do you think people are focusing on about takeda when they say he's top 5? I mean the character still gets pressured pretty hard does he not? and does he really destroy a large portion of the cast in MU's?

WeaponQ

Milksteak, Magnets, and Ghouls
I co-main gunslinger Erron Black and Shirai Ryu Takeda and it seems as though people give much more respect to Takeda rather than Erron. Granted Erron's pressure isn't nearly as good as it used to be but I always seem to be able to pressure much better with Takeda. Even though you can poke out and armor through his pressure, people will still hold on to the block button for their lives because they have no idea what to do when i'm in their face with Takeda. I don't know if its the lack of match-up knowledge or if Takeda is actually good but I would put him in the top 5 simply because I believe Erron is top 10 and I do much better with Takeda in most match ups.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
honesly - i felt the same way - like he was just shy of "top 5" but my own post i made in the other thread has officially changed my mind.. i think seriously like theres 10 chars in "top 5" lol

cuas enow im thinking, whats it gonna hurt now to say hes top 5 .. nothing :D so we in there

Takeda as a whole is Top 5 guys . Its offical.
we made it . Celebrate and rejoice .

one thing ive noticed is that really nobody who puts in work with him downplays takeda. Most of us agree that is A or even S.
so why not ..
honestly whether hes top 8 or top 3 - we still gonna get teabagged almost every match lol...

plus if we all agree takeda is top five now - what can anyone hold against us?

its all part of the meta now

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
He is definitely top 5 material and I never get teabagged no one would dare:joker:

then you arent playing dirty enough hahaha.. no but really i seriously get tea bagged all the time - or rage quit on -- or ill win a few matches - wont do fatals then , the pther person will win once and fatal me then leave... its like really? :/ lol

then you arent playing dirty enough hahaha.. no but really i seriously get tea bagged all the time - or rage quit on -- or ill win a few matches - wont do fatals then , the pther person will win once and fatal me then leave... its like really? :/ lol
lol you don t even need to play dirty with Takeda with SR I just pressure

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I co-main gunslinger Erron Black and Shirai Ryu Takeda and it seems as though people give much more respect to Takeda rather than Erron. Granted Erron's pressure isn't nearly as good as it used to be but I always seem to be able to pressure much better with Takeda. Even though you can poke out and armor through his pressure, people will still hold on to the block button for their lives because they have no idea what to do when i'm in their face with Takeda. I don't know if its the lack of match-up knowledge or if Takeda is actually good but I would put him in the top 5 simply because I believe Erron is top 10 and I do much better with Takeda in most match ups.
How Ironic that I co-main Gunslinger as well, and I have to agree people super respect Takeda for some reason especially mid screen. People don't respect Gunslinger because his wake-ups aren't as good as Takeda's. Wake-up Fist Flurry can combo into around 30% and most people seem to be afraid of that.

JJ44NB

Noob
Every time

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
I love how one guy playing Jax (pre-patch) told me how the MU flavors Takeda and it's 8-2 or even 9-1 for Takeda... ;] a Jax...

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I love how one guy playing Jax (pre-patch) told me how the MU flavors Takeda and it's 8-2 or even 9-1 for Takeda... ;] a Jax...
This was me actually but I don't recall it being that high. Maybe like 6-4 or 7-3 but that high is ridiculous. And it's still in his favor

Tweedy

Noob
How Ironic that I co-main Gunslinger as well, and I have to agree people super respect Takeda for some reason especially mid screen. People don't respect Gunslinger because his wake-ups aren't as good as Takeda's. Wake-up Fist Flurry can combo into around 30% and most people seem to be afraid of that.
Yeah but it's a lot easier to break EX fist flurry, than EX command grab or slide from Erron. That's why people will typically say that Takeda gets mauled by characters like Jax, Tanya(pre patch), Liu Kang(besides the pseudo infinite Kang had on him).

This is where Jedi Ronin boyz comes in.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Anyone got tips for how to instant air tp. I've been trying to practice but it feels more awkward than doing instant air fireballs and I was mediocre at doing those

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Anyone got tips for how to instant air tp. I've been trying to practice but it feels more awkward than doing instant air fireballs and I was mediocre at doing those
The trick is pressing Down right after you press up. IA teleport and IA spear are easier to me than IA Fireballs to be honest. Other than that, just keep practicing.

Last edited:

WeaponQ

Milksteak, Magnets, and Ghouls
Turn input shortcuts on and the way I do any instant air move is to jump up with the joy stick and make a 3/4 circle going clockwise (if youre on the left side) for teleports. So the inputs should look something like this :u:r:qtr:d:qtl:l. The trick is to do it very fast while being precise about inputting the 3/4 circle.