What's new

General/Other - Shirai Ryu Shirai Ryu General Discussion Thread

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
what are the best options after a opener to tele cancel - ? for example if you d4 b11 exkunai is good on block. if i tele cancel after a b2 or 112 tele cnl what do you guys like to do next?.
I wouldn't do 112 tele cancel on block, rather just go straight into kunai and end my pressure there.

After b2 tele cancel I'll normally go for a grab.

Teleport cancels aren't plus on block, its more of a visual mix up because the frames aren't in your favor.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
wait - isnt 112 safer than 112 close kunai? esp since they can armor kunai ? i used to do this then always get blown up for it so i try to cut it out now

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
wait - isnt 112 safer than 112 close kunai? esp since they can armor kunai ? i used to do this then always get blown up for it so i try to cut it out now
On block sometimes I cancel the 111 into BF4 (far) then NJP. It is working for me

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
if i have 1-3 bars, i will go for a hard knockdown (bf2), then set up ex kunais and will wait for them to press a button, e.g. after a (purposely whiffed) njp/d3/whatever
if they do press buttons, i detonate the kunais and get a fullcombo punish
I have never seen you finishing your combos with 33 Ex Kunais hold step back JK! Why? Does the BF2 knock down guaranties the Ex Kunais hold JK without them jumping back and screwing the set up? And then in the corner I like finishing my combos with BF1 to get the perfect range for B3 or B2 reset. You are finishing most of your combos with BF2 to get that knock down and keep the close in the corner , but then you have to worry about wake ups. BF1 keeps you in Takedas best range. I respect your playstyle, but just wondering.

i need help fighting against shiray ryu

my problens are:
how to deal with b21,2+4 string, there is a right way to play against such a good spacing tool?
how to deal with the teleport cancels or kunai after f12,2+4 string into njp or more pressure?
i feel like its a 50/50 between more pressure or a full combo, and if you guess right the njp you cannot punish it
i feel he keeps pressuring me on whiff or on block.
i dont know how to aproach takeda.
what is wrong with him?
btw i play tremor and kung lao.

thanks anyway for any tip.
:)

i need help fighting against shiray ryu

my problens are:
how to deal with b21,2+4 string, there is a right way to play against such a good spacing tool?
how to deal with the teleport cancels or kunai after f12,2+4 string into njp or more pressure?
i feel like its a 50/50 between more pressure or a full combo, and if you guess right the njp you cannot punish it
i feel he keeps pressuring me on whiff or on block.
i dont know how to aproach takeda.
what is wrong with him?
btw i play tremor and kung lao.

thanks anyway for any tip.
:)
B212+4 is full of holes you can armor out at anytime during the string and you can backdash after b21 then you punish your opponent
After the teleport cancel or close kunai it s your turn If you read that he is going to NJP you can jump and NJP yourself you will win block and then punish or duck since those kind of njp are mostly instant so mid. If he throw the mid kunai you have to armor or jump forward If you think he is gonna do f12.
And to finish nothing is wrong with him he is P.E.R.F.E.C.T;);)

B212+4 is full of holes you can armor out at anytime during the string and you can backdash after b21 then you punish your opponent
After the teleport cancel or close kunai it s your turn If you read that he is going to NJP you can jump and NJP yourself you will win block and then punish or duck since those kind of njp are mostly instant so mid. If he throw the mid kunai you have to armor or jump forward If you think he is gonna do f12.
And to finish nothing is wrong with him he is P.E.R.F.E.C.T;);)
yes i have to agree... he is almost perfect!
i didnt know i could punish b12 (2+4) with backdash, and it would backdash the mid kunai too?
ill test it!! it this works properly takeda would stop doing b12 2+4 at all...
i just have to defend b2 into mid kunai and then just backdashes
i ll check the njp after mid kunai and close kunai too.
that's perfect! you saved a live today!
thank you!

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So you can armor through the gap in a tp cancel. How fast does instant air tp recover and how do you punish one?

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Does anyone else besides me use Takeda's 2,1 whip string as an anti-air. I usually follow it up with a db3, 1,1,2, into bf1. It seems most effective at the start of the fight when most people seem to immediately NJP (this happens to me a lot). The full combo gives me 27% damage on my opponents who love to jump.

Last edited:

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Does anyone else besides me use Takeda's 2,1 whip string as an anti-air. I usually follow it up with a db3, 1,1,2, into db1. It seems most effective at the start of the fight when most people seem to immediately NJP (this happens to me a lot). The full combo gives me 27% damage on my opponents who love to jump.
I use it with teleport cancels along with b11

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I use it with teleport cancels along with b11
Yeah I do the same combo with b11 as well when I think they will jump at range, but I find that 2,1 has a nice amount of vertical range up close especially for people who try to go for a jump over your head.

Does anyone else besides me use Takeda's 2,1 whip string as an anti-air. I usually follow it up with a db3, 1,1,2, into db1. It seems most effective at the start of the fight when most people seem to immediately NJP (this happens to me a lot). The full combo gives me 27% damage on my opponents who love to jump.
It s his best AA IMO and it s the only use I have for the string

Hey guys, I was thinking bout the difference between lasher and shirai ryu but I don't see much. Every one says shirai ryu is better but what makes it better? Lasher also has the kunais, better wakups and better mixups if am right.

Hey guys, I was thinking bout the difference between lasher and shirai ryu but I don't see much. Every one says shirai ryu is better but what makes it better? Lasher also has the kunais, better wakups and better mixups if am right.
Shirai Ryu has better mobility with the teleport do more damage midscreen has better pressure and can combo off a lot on the over hand lasher has easier punish and 50/50s