What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i know technically repeated tricky teleports are kinda gimmicky, but is it really? since if you do jik teleports, if you simply come out of a teleport, do a jik3 or 4 and just drop to the ground, its safe, and people who are anticipating you teleporting again may input armor or d2 to try and blow you up. so you'd get a punish.

Legit or nah?

Tweedy

Noob
i know technically repeated arial teleports are kinda gimmicky, but is it really? since if you do jik teleports, if you simply come out of a teleport, do a jik3 or 4 and just drop to the ground, its safe, and people who are anticipating you teleporting again may pre-emptively do armor to try and blow you up. so you'd get a punish.

Legit or nah?
Lol

Calf wrecks me all the time with empty teleport F4.

I'm not sure if what you mentioned works, but it's worth looking into.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Lol

Calf wrecks me all the time with empty teleport F4.

I'm not sure if what you mentioned works, but it's worth looking into.
i don't see why it wouldnt, if people are expecting you to teleport and they in put d2 or armor or what not. I don't fight many impostors, i need to start doing that. i can dish it out, but i gotta be able to take it too.

what are jik's on block, i forget arent they slightly plus?

Tweedy

Noob
i don't see why it wouldnt, if people are expecting you to teleport and they in put d2 or armor or what not. I don't fight many impostors, i need to start doing that. i can dish it out, but i gotta be able to take it too.

what are jik's on block, i forget arent they slightly plus?
Yeah, and of course Shinnok has F4, so he demands a bit more respect than others when he's neutral or slightly plus.

With that being said, if they try to press a button, F4 will win.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yeah, and of course Shinnok has F4, so he demands a bit more respect than others when he's neutral or slightly plus.

With that being said, if they try to press a button, F4 will win.
exactly what im thinking, so the mind game is, is shinnok gonna cancel into another teleport after doing another ji3 or ji4 after his initial teleport? Is he just do ji3/ji4 and block? do ji3/ji4 drop and do f4? or do a jip into a block string or 50/50 (possibly staggered).

i know technically repeated tricky teleports are kinda gimmicky, but is it really? since if you do jik teleports, if you simply come out of a teleport, do a jik3 or 4 and just drop to the ground, its safe, and people who are anticipating you teleporting again may input armor or d2 to try and blow you up. so you'd get a punish.

Legit or nah?
You are absolutely correct. I Remember testing what Jump ins jail into the others out of the tele and noticing that when I was trying ji4xxtele,ji3xxtele, ji1 into whatever string (Ji4xxtele jails into the ji3 if done right, the rest is just a gimmick) sometimes I would input the second tele too early and it wouldn't come out. So when I landed on the ground after a blocked ji3 I was still able to block most reversals. That's how I started implementing the empty Ji attacks out of the tele, and that makes a lot of multiple JixxTeles less of a gimmick and more of the guessing game. You just need to be aware about the block advantage of each Ji attack.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
You are absolutely correct. I Remember testing what Jump ins jail into the others out of the tele and noticing that when I was trying ji4xxtele,ji3xxtele, ji1 into whatever string (Ji4xxtele jails into the ji3 if done right, the rest is just a gimmick) sometimes I would input the second tele too early and it wouldn't come out. So when I landed on the ground after a blocked ji3 I was still able to block most reversals. That's how I started implementing the empty Ji attacks out of the tele, and that makes a lot of multiple JixxTeles less of a gimmick and more of the guessing game. You just need to be aware about the block advantage of each Ji attack.
alright, so ill do it more then, and do the empty drops to bait reversals after a jik :) or follow up with f4.

alright, so ill do it more then, and do the empty drops to bait reversals after a jik :) or follow up with f4.
It is always good to see if your opponent wants to push buttons there with guaranteed stuff like ji4tele into ji1 into string, and when they know that it is a true block string you can be more teleport happy and do ji4xxtele,ji3xxtele, ji1 into string, and after that theymight try to interrupt that with d2 or reversal special (most of which you can punish on block using empty Ji attacks). It is also good to do ji2xxtele,ji1 into whatever from time to time, since it combos on hit and will make your opponent scared to just take the hit from Ji kicks (which you can also combo if you do it low enough and don't cancel into tele but immediately go into f4..etc.)

D. R.

Noob
This is a super old clip I didn't realize I still had so I uploaded it. Someone figure out what caused this so it can be exploited. Screw jumping off interactables if this is the answer.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
my Shinnok fellas what do you think about the rumored game mechanic where no armored attack launches for a combo? assuming that it turns out to be true...

will it change the ex shoulder charge as well? (you can combo off of it in the corner or with 2 bars in necromancer)

how would it be better for the character to change BS's ex scepter slam? armor to keep anti-zoning or launching properties to extend combos and continue mixing it up with 1123 and f41d2? and witch one do you think they'll keep?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Seeing how NRS seem to want to move away from 50/50s, I'd say that Shinnok's b3 will probably stop launching and do a hard knockdown instead. That or it becomes a mid.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Those changes look pretty good to me.

Impostor and Necro still have the amulet for + frames, while Bone Shaper got his f3 buffed.

Only issue really is Impostor's vortex, the Takeda MU is back to trash :(

The Shoulder is now a gamble on block if you have meter. And an armoured launcher for two bars))) I am guessing the is no more armour on ex Scoop!!!!We need to see how plus is Mimicry now. +5 on Sparks sucks ass((( is the amulet safe now?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The Shoulder is now a gamble on block if you have meter. And an armoured launcher for two bars))) I am guessing the is no more armour on ex Scoop!!!!We need to see how plus is Mimicry now. +5 on Sparks sucks ass((( is the amulet safe now?
Looks like so, and you can still use ex amulet for decent +frames.

s3 still a mid though :v

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
man it's hard to tell where he landed after this. Gotta play him against all the characters

D. R.

Noob
man it's hard to tell where he landed after this. Gotta play him against all the characters
Variation swapping is going to come into play big time now. Let's break Impostor later and post findings. Being +17 after mimicry still gives him access to his vortex essentially and chip should still be guaranteed. Hopefully EX Amulet is still +14.

Bone Shaper looks the best now though no question. Necro... Looks fun.

Ugh, just a couple more hours.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Variation swapping is going to come into play big time now. Let's break Impostor later and post findings. Being +17 after mimicry still gives him access to his vortex essentially and chip should still be guaranteed. Hopefully EX Amulet is still +14.

Bone Shaper looks the best now though no question. Necro... Looks fun.

Ugh, just a couple more hours.
Yeah will do man, I won't be on until late tonight but I'll be checking him out pretty hard. Dude in my head, I can really see Necro as being not too shabby right now. They run in, get hit with HS or whatever df4 or something, lose stamina, and hold unblockable mind games. Could be fun

If the ex amulet is still +14, the special which we rarely used before will be used a lot now both ex and normal versions ( considering it is safe now)

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Yeah will do man, I won't be on until late tonight but I'll be checking him out pretty hard. Dude in my head, I can really see Necro as being not too shabby right now. They run in, get hit with HS or whatever df4 or something, lose stamina, and hold unblockable mind games. Could be fun
Necro still seems bad to me, unless it's possible to run cancel out of the unblockable.