What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

TSL_LegendSlayer

Hellsparks Initiate
first thing i wanna know is how Shinnok's shoulder works now
If I'm reading it correctly it looks like it's saying that you can EX his shoulder just like hell sparks to do the ground spark burst (I don't remember the real name for it) so more mind games + F3+ safe amulet along with the universal changes in stamina definitely make me think that BS will be Shinnok's best variation for sure, still depressing to me though that BS will potentially still have better zoning capabilities then Necromancer considering that was the whole point of that variation :(

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Necromancer is the GOAT lol. Nearly safe on everything (Reptile being the only one to punish certain strings after/before flick) with the increased pushback on flick. Any reversals that used to be an armored launcher gets beat out by flick and handgrab. Also with hand squash being run cancelable allows for post hand squash mind games and can bait a wakeup for Shinnok to punish.

MB shoulder on block has a gap and can be armored.

Haven't labbed BS yet, but Imposter mimicry has a longer animation now so have to get used to the timing. You can MB shoulder instead of using HS for tele combos.

More to come as I lab more since I didn't have much time last night.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I fucking love Bone Shapers F31d2 string

13f mid safe, hit confirmable and damaging string is sooooo strong.

Now we don't have to rely on f41d2

gibster13

A fan of fans
Bs

f41 or f31 dark beam is completely safe

f222+4xxbf1 f31xxbf1 is guaranteed I'm pretty sure

"Sets up f3 staggers (-1)

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Bs

f41 or f31 dark beam is completely safe

f222+4xxbf1 f31xxbf1 is guaranteed I'm pretty sure

"Sets up f3 staggers (-1)
I'm pretty sure I tested f41 xx Dark Beam against Reptile's reversal ex slide and it was getting punished.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I'm pretty sure I tested f41 xx Dark Beam against Reptile's reversal ex slide and it was getting punished.
Tbh if they waste a bar just for that it's a win. Against normals I haven't been punished. Exslide from rep is props the only thing that can touch it.

Braindead

Tbh if they waste a bar just for that it's a win. Against normals I haven't been punished. Exslide from rep is props the only thing that can touch it.
How do you say something is "completely" safe if you don't properly test reversals...

Braindead

nobody cares if only reptile's ex slide can punish it. it's still safe vs 99% of moves in the game.
Point is I don't trust his judgment if he didn't properly test it.
Characters like Raiden and Tremor might be able to punish it, and 6f pokes might get it. I'll do a proper test later.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Necro is sick af. Impostor is sick af. I hate Bone Shape and don't play it. Shinnok overall is stupid. Do you guys realize how awesome shoulder is? Shoulder is awesome. A 12f advancing mid neutral killer that we can throw out ALMOST whenever we want, burn a bar and confirm for a full combo. It's fantastic. Impostor's teleport pressure is ridiculous now because there are no armoured launchers to be scared of. Necro can handle people which is bonkers, like Necro does fine in a lot of MU's now. Shinnok is really really frigging good. I still need to play a lot of the cast but I'm starting to think Shinnok might have landed higher than I thought he did

Braindead

Necro is sick af. Impostor is sick af. I hate Bone Shape and don't play it. Shinnok overall is stupid. Do you guys realize how awesome shoulder is? Shoulder is awesome. A 12f advancing mid neutral killer that we can throw out ALMOST whenever we want, burn a bar and confirm for a full combo. It's fantastic. Impostor's teleport pressure is ridiculous now because there are no armoured launchers to be scared of. Necro can handle people which is bonkers, like Necro does fine in a lot of MU's now. Shinnok is really really frigging good. I still need to play a lot of the cast but I'm starting to think Shinnok might have landed higher than I thought he did
I haven't played matches yet, mostly just labbing so far, but wouldn't hell sparks do a better job in neutral than shoulder? Also the mindgame of regular/MB HS is more rewarding than regular/MB shoulder, no?

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I haven't played matches yet, mostly just labbing so far, but wouldn't hell sparks do a better job in neutral than shoulder? Also the mindgame of regular/MB HS is more rewarding than regular/MB shoulder, no?
for the most part it does and yes it is. But shoulder is a lot faster and it's something they have to be constantly worried about. It opens up more opportunity for other stuff. You can just let it rock a lot of the time and see what sticks