What's new

Sheeva Discussion Thread

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Hey guys im playing v1 and its fun but some characters can easy avoid stomp .... Like last night some kano player every time i tried stomp did kanoball and it traded or he just avoided it and landed on other side of screen , or some jade v2 player did this running when i was in air and even punished with her fast kick move . Any tips on what to do vs these kind of characters ?

Agilaz

It has begun
Hey guys im playing v1 and its fun but some characters can easy avoid stomp .... Like last night some kano player every time i tried stomp did kanoball and it traded or he just avoided it and landed on other side of screen , or some jade v2 player did this running when i was in air and even punished with her fast kick move . Any tips on what to do vs these kind of characters ?
Try delaying the stomp, althoug my best advice is too rely less on stomping in those MU's

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Try delaying the stomp, althoug my best advice is too rely less on stomping in those MU's
I try to stomp as little as possible anyway but you know , its part of her gameplan in this variation so yeah im trying to land this stomp KB

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I try to stomp as little as possible anyway but you know , its part of her gameplan in this variation so yeah im trying to land this stomp KB
When I played v2 Sheeva I used to end combos in shield spin sometimes. It was so advantageous and properly spaced you could follow it up with a stop and catch them off guard on their wakeup. That doesn't help you I know, but maybe there are ways to set up a sneaky stomp in v1. Might be worth cancelling into it from b122 or 21 on hit, especially if you have the KB loaded up.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I haven't messed with her in a while, but I think if you hit a juggle with a S2 you can cancel the S2 into a stomp which should catch their asses unless they roll, but they recover from knockdown so quickly nobody is ready to input their roll. Cancelling into stomp doesn't work with some knockdowns bc she'll just land onto 'em while they're grounded and you get whiff punished.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
When I played v2 Sheeva I used to end combos in shield spin sometimes. It was so advantageous and properly spaced you could follow it up with a stop and catch them off guard on their wakeup. That doesn't help you I know, but maybe there are ways to set up a sneaky stomp in v1. Might be worth cancelling into it from b122 or 21 on hit, especially if you have the KB loaded up.
thx , or some gimmnicks like string on block into stomp haha like b122

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I haven't messed with her in a while, but I think if you hit a juggle with a S2 you can cancel the S2 into a stomp which should catch their asses unless they roll, but they recover from knockdown so quickly nobody is ready to input their roll. Cancelling into stomp doesn't work with some knockdowns bc she'll just land onto 'em while they're grounded and you get whiff punished.
thanks ill go to lab to try it out

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I would reconsider that. Shokan Flame is a pretty great move
its a great move but, idk how to really put it, it does feel a little fake in some ways and it doesn’t compliment the rest of her kit.

But you could argue that it doesn’t really need to I guess, so there’s that.

f0xy says variation 1 is her best FWIW
I’d concede that they are both pretty good, I don’t think it’s a big jump between them, I’ve just been firmly in the Mean Queen camp. Wouldn’t really die on the hill if it came down to argument though.

Malec

Noob
I just picked up Aftermath today and started out with Sheeva. I can't find a lot about custom Variations for her, but I really like the combination of Dragon Stance for a little bit of zoning and unbreakable meterless combos (after f1, f44 and b211); Shokan Snag as AA, for the 21 conversion and ending combos with it (to leave them close for meatys); and the Dragon Charge to be able to hit confirm any string into a launch and beeing able to punish attacks with pushback.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I just picked up Aftermath today and started out with Sheeva. I can't find a lot about custom Variations for her, but I really like the combination of Dragon Stance for a little bit of zoning and unbreakable meterless combos (after f1, f44 and b211); Shokan Snag as AA, for the 21 conversion and ending combos with it (to leave them close for meatys); and the Dragon Charge to be able to hit confirm any string into a launch and beeing able to punish attacks with pushback.
What do you guys think?
Ive been using Dragon Stance, Death March & Queen’s Punishment. Let’s you launch with March while having the 50/50 option with Queen’s Punishment. I saw F0xy use this particular custom to great effect.

Queen’s Punishment as an ender pushes your opponent further away than Untamed Fury while doing only 12 less damage. This gives you more room to zone with Dragon Stance. It’s the perfect range to shoot a fireball, cancel, shoot 3 , cancel ect.

I really like the AA grab as I feel it’s part of her identity but I personally can’t give up the 50/50 opportunities off B2/B211/2. Even cheeky stuff like d1xxQueen’s Punishment can bail you out vs kharacters like Noob Saibot who simply won’t respect our stubby low pokes.

Just my two cents.

Malec

Noob
Yea I can't use Sheeva without the AA grab. D2 and other AAs, as well as U2 is horrible
Is D2 horrible? I just had a little bit of time in practise mode, and D2 sucks on the ground but it seems fine as an AA, also against crossup jumps. But like I said I just started out with her.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
What do you guys think?
I use Battle Scars, Queen's punishment and enhanced Dragon drop