What's new

Sheeva Discussion Thread

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
She seems to have way more gaps than I realized, what's the logic there? Frame data is often negative without a flawless-block anyways. I feel like over time that might hamper her?

Also does anyone have any tech or setups for Variation 1 unblockable db3 move? I labbed cancelling strings into DB3 up amp on block for the air grab and I'd say 3/5 times you're blocking a Sheeva string, you can react to the db3 with a poke, D2, or successfully JIK, regardless if she tried the amp throw off db3.
Maybe I'm using that move wrong.
I think the DB3U is really only reliable when at jump in range, and for the most part short hops destroy the move entirely, but in fights it's probably nearly impossible to react to whether it is DB3 or Dragon Drop (and you need to pick between a dash or jump), so between these, and just random empty hops/jumps you're just trying to trip up the opponent for free damage. I suppose you could get creative and try and force people into back or forward dashing with conditioning on the Dragon Drop, so you can empty jump and punish.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Just thought I'd mention that v1 db3 also jumps over projectiles if timed right. So far jumped over Sonya's ring, Sub ice ball, Erron scud shot amp, Kitana low fan and Kitana high fan
She def has all the tools to be a premier anti-zoner right below Shaman and prob better than Soul Eater

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Haven’t gotten to lab yet with her. Really sad air throw is not universal. I have to choose between v1 and v3

Argh. I only really like using the air grab (just not feeling v2 or v3).

Quick, tell me how two of v1's slots aren't completely wasted on gimmicks.

(TBF, it's the only variation with both amped fireball and the armorbreaker, maybe that's how I need to look at it)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

(TBF, it's the only variation with both amped fireball and the armorbreaker, maybe that's how I need to look at it)
Db3 jumps projectiles and can be mixed in with dragon drop forcing a dash/jump pseudo 50/50 past midscreen, as some else stated earlier, because they have identical start up animations.

Being able to direct the already delayable dragon drop basically means she gets the krushing blow for free every match.

Add those onto AA grab, amp db3 into AA grab mixup from midrange, and armor breaking bf4 that also KB’s on counterhit, and it’s a very solid variation.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I'm having trouble punishing some things that I KNOW are unsafe but just have too much knockback, like some Fatal Blows. What's the answer to this? Dash up F44?
Forward 1 seems like that would be the most ideal choice since it covers a bunch of distance and if you react late you can just complete the string and be -5, but some variations can amplify into combo so the reward is definitely contingent on what variation you're rocking with overall.

Forward 1 has start of round levels of range which is nice.

Wigy

There it is...
anyone else accidentally getting telestomps when going for a flawless block setup when they dont attack lol. Nice little OS on top of OS. Might have to play v1 lol

Wigy

There it is...
I find the V3 run cancel pressure is really nice

just even off b2112, youve got about about 4 opportunities to mix the person low overhead and then if they were want to jump out bf3mb can cover this nicely. Then once thats respected you can run cancel into reverse grabs and go again.

Also db4 on block off some strings is a finnicky punish for opponents as its got weird pushback. Maybe because shes new but i never get punished for it

B122 is an amazing string I think. It's a 12 frame mid that's just -2 on block. The range is a bit short on the B1 part but the 22 part advances ALOT and as a bonus: the second hits of that string are confirmable on their own- even if the b1 whiffs- 100% offline (I get it like half the time w/online frame delay but still).

She also cancels into the second part of that string really fast so I've just been whiffing the B1 to use b122 as a long range advancing mid that's -2 on block and have yet to get whiff punished on the b1- more often I get the counter hit from the 22 if they try because it comes out quickly, and once again- hit confirmable even if you whiff the b1

I'm using v1 so b2 isn't really doing much for me

And short PSA:

The grab amplify option from her v1 tremor move actually fulfills the krushing blow requirement for amped AA grab

Last edited:
A note on tele-stomp: most of the roster can avoid all the timings if they dash when Sheeva leaves the screen and then just keep walking (sometimes this depends on walk direction though). So it is a gimmick reserved for reading a committed ranged attack.

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
V3 Sheeva can shimmy really well with F4/F44~BF3BB, these become 0 and -2 strings with you still practically inside the opponent if BF3 is cancelled right away, so you don't have to commit to the move in this variation and you can keep pressuring with them. F44~BF3 is already a pretty decent mixup since the fear of BF3D or F443 makes ducking pretty dangerous here.

A note on tele-stomp: most of the roster can avoid all the timings if they dash when Sheeva leaves the screen and then just keep walking (sometimes this depends on walk direction though). So it is a gimmick reserved for reading a committed ranged attack.
90% of the time in V1 I just do the in front version since back walkspeeds and backdashes are generally slower and people tend to dash forward on me.

Honestly yeah the delay doesn't seem to help super much though. Though I suppose delaying a regular telestomp in certain positional situations means they run themselves into a corner before I drop

Wigy

There it is...
getting a decent amount of utility with telestomp for oki, if someone is very heavy on full delay i just do oki telestomps, this will also blow up wakeups a lot. I also occasionally slip them in as a surprise ender- 21 rc 21 bf4 21 telestomp for example. unless they delay wakeup theyre getting stompted.

Zer0_h0ur

I see high lvl people sayin on twitch that the V1 stomp direction input is the only viable stomp she has.
I'd imagine the worse the ping, the better V2/V3 stomps lol. But there are mindgames to be had with fwd / back stomp.

Zer0_h0ur

For Variation 1

Are you guys amping DB3 into grab amplify mostly on reaction? Are there any setups to this? I keep labbing defensive options against Sheeva and it seems pretty damn easy to avoid or straight up JIK punish.

I'm not a frame data junkie, but does Sheeva's knockdown on most strings seem to be pretty damn good on hit? It feels like most of her strings knock down the opponent long enough to encourage the Stomp on Oki mind games.

Agilaz

It has begun
I have to say that so far I like the character but I feel she could have done with a throw KB. She has no real mixups except in v3 so she basically has to double down on strike/throw play