What's new

Shattered Alliances Part 2

trufenix

bye felicia
I wonder what GL had to do to get the ring back?
ask.

"They put me through hell for it" is the kind of bullshit line you write when you're not planning on explaining how a character came back from the dead. Probably a fight against his John Stewart skin and maybe Atrocitus in his story chapter, but nothing else. Hopefully there's at least an OA stage.

Lokheit

Noob
ask.

"They put me through hell for it" is the kind of bullshit line you write when you're not planning on explaining how a character came back from the dead. Probably a fight against his John Stewart skin and maybe Atrocitus in his story chapter, but nothing else. Hopefully there's at least an OA stage.
For that they would need to have another cathphrase prepared to explain how John is alive though.

Last edited:

TamedLizard

Buff George
The comics don't matter like I've been saying literally from the beginning? What a shock
I mean...it's no surprise really. Between all the hands it passes through, each having their own creative input, there are bound to be a few inconsistencies. Especially when the same storyline is being told/extended through various mediums.

Hell, Boon proof read all of the MKX comics before they would release and even that didn't save us from ultimate herpaderp moments like Scorpion's wife and child having different names in the game vs the comic.

trufenix

bye felicia
What did you see that didn't jive with the comic?
Scarecrow, Fate, Zatanna, Swamp Thing, John Stewart, and Ollie (Whichever one it is) are huge comic death retcons. MMH also got his comic fate reversed with a shitty twitter explanation from Tom Taylor recently. There's also the fact that comic Hal Jordan would NEVER be allowed to have his ring and go green again.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Scarecrow, Fate, Zatanna, Swamp Thing, John Stewart, and Ollie (Whichever one it is) are huge comic death retcons. MMH also got his comic fate reversed with a shitty twitter explanation from Tom Taylor recently. There's also the fact that comic Hal Jordan would NEVER be allowed to have his ring and go green again.
Whats the explanation for MMH?
Zatanna never died. Fate was never officially confirmed dead, he just dissapeared. Since it seems Fate was alive, it makes sense for Ollie to be back cause they could have brought his counterpart back with Black Canary was brought back. As far as I've seen as well, John Stewart has not come back alive in this game at all either.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
so is it just cyborg, wowo, and superman trying to revive the regime or what

everyone else seems over that phase

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Really awesome trailer!! I can't wait for part 3 focusing on the Society! I want to know who else makes up their roster. It seems like Grodd, Cheetah, Poison Ivy, Bane, Catwoman, Captain Cold, Deadshot and possibly Zoom (?). I think they're my favorite faction lol

Superman's Regime needs more allies since so far it just seems like its Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Damian. Hopefully Raven, Hawkgirl and other Regime characters show up!!

Also fingers crossed for a Black Beetle premium skin! He'd be a pretty cool addition!

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
There's also the fact that comic Hal Jordan would NEVER be allowed to have his ring and go green again.
UNLESS HE WAS POSESSED BY PARALLAX IN I1.

DUH DUH DUUHHNNN

There's also the article about the story mode in chapter 1 from today that also proves the comics don't matter all that much.