What's new

Shang Tsung Gameplay Trailer & Kombat Pack Revealed!

It's finally here! The DLC trailer showing off Shang Tsung and letting us know who is still to come. Check it out!

Shang Tsung will be available June 18th to Kombat Pack owners along with the Klassic Arcade Ninja skin pack which includes MK2-inspired skins for Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Noob Saibot!

Kombat Pack line-up:
  • Shang Tsung
  • Nightwolf
  • Sindel
  • Spawn
  • ...and two more guests to be revealed soon
The Kombat Pack also includes more gear and skins for every character, with a total of 19 additional skins!

Thanks @Darth-Nero for the additional information.

Last edited:

Comments

The klassic ninjas look freaking cool, but my baby smoke :( oh well, can't wait to see what they did with Nightwolf and Sindel! I thought they would have shown some renders at least. And that chainsaw sound at the end was definitely Ash Williams.
Not sure if the ninjas where normals or special moves?
If normal combo strings I might be a little disappointed cuz that could mean limitations and ground skull looked like it didn't allow combo due to recovery but I hope it does.
Its very interesting that he turns into ninjas who haven't been konfirmed. But soul steal looks powerful af.
I can't wait to tinker with him in the lab.

I have been wanting nightwolf and sindel for a while and imagong sindeL Is a mixup queen and nightwolf should be a close up neutral monster with combo from spirit axe.
That green axe post on twitter had me rollin

Shang transforming in other chars during moves and Kintaro in fatality...called it lika a boss :coffee:
I'm not sure if he can transform intimate Smoke, Rain, Ermac and Reptile at will yet or if they are combo strings or special moves?
I hope he can change into any character ir at least get the ninjas entire moveset.
We know he gets moves if whoever he soulsteals and I hope it either base move or only two slots for soulsteal.

All I know is #YourSoulIsMine #ShangMainRightHere

So what was with the mk4 tease? Was that another shot at the Fujin folk? Another “fuck Fujin” in the background lol. That’s cold man.
The 4 probably referred to the four ninjas that Shang Tsung morphs into. Not counting Scorpion and Sub Zero for his FB.

People desperately pining for palette swapped ninjas: have you guys considered liking less dumb characters? :D
“Desperately pining?” I never particularly cared if we got any of those characters. I just don’t like half-assed inclusion for appeasement, such as Mileena’s moves being given to Kitana. I’d prefer all or nothing.

But at least with Shang Tsung it makes sense. And it actually is pretty cool that you can use all of the moves together (in one combo, even).

I'm not sure if he can transform intimate Smoke, Rain, Ermac and Reptile at will yet or if they are combo strings or special moves?
I hope he can change into any character ir at least get the ninjas entire moveset.
We know he gets moves if whoever he soulsteals and I hope it either base move or only two slots for soulsteal.

All I know is #YourSoulIsMine #ShangMainRightHere
I thought it looked pretty clear that those morphs are just part of the animation for each of the special moves. It’s possible that his variation abilities may switch out some of the moves, but I would bet they conflict with each other, and only let you have one of each. Just guessing.

First thought:
Shang looks amazing. Really digging him. Depending on how he plays and his tourney variations, could be my new main. Wish he used a bit more of his own magic in his FB, though, and I hope he has a few more moves that aren’t ninjas.

Second thought:
Kinda bummed with the KP though. Fujin was the one I was really holding out for. And making the very first pack HALF guest characters is doing fans dirty, if you ask me. Give us the characters we’re playing the game for first, then throw in the guests later to keep attention high.

Final thought:
Man... the production schedule at NRS has got to be RIDICULOUS. It is so obvious their team is just pulling the struggle bus from deadline to deadline. Not one word about the DLC we preordered for over a month, and still we get only 4/6, and still just names on a black background. I feel bad for those folks who have to work on this stuff under such a schedule. They clearly need a bigger staff.

Oh yeah, and how did that electric fly krushing blow?!

Final thought:
Man... the production schedule at NRS has got to be RIDICULOUS. It is so obvious their team is just pulling the struggle bus from deadline to deadline. Not one word about the DLC we preordered for over a month, and still we get only 4/6, and still just names on a black background. I feel bad for those folks who have to work on this stuff under such a schedule. They clearly need a bigger staff.

Oh yeah, and how did that electric fly krushing blow?!
Yeah I don't expect other characters for quite a while. I hope Sindel is next tho.
I guess Shang may have been a bit more involved to make, I dunno.

The krushing blow is probably something particular to Shang.

What does 19 skins mean? 19 different costumes, or several costumes with different shaders, since these are called skins in the game?
A 'skin' in MK11 is …

… you know what? That's a good question. I think by 'skin' here they mean a particular change in attire and / or hairstyle. Young Johnny Cage is a skin. Old Johnny Cage is a skin. Ninja Mime Cage is a skin - no matter how many shaders they get.