What's new

Shang Tsung Gameplay Trailer & Kombat Pack Revealed!

It's finally here! The DLC trailer showing off Shang Tsung and letting us know who is still to come. Check it out!

Shang Tsung will be available June 18th to Kombat Pack owners along with the Klassic Arcade Ninja skin pack which includes MK2-inspired skins for Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Noob Saibot!

Kombat Pack line-up:
  • Shang Tsung
  • Nightwolf
  • Sindel
  • Spawn
  • ...and two more guests to be revealed soon
The Kombat Pack also includes more gear and skins for every character, with a total of 19 additional skins!

Thanks @Darth-Nero for the additional information.

Last edited:

Comments

That was incredible. Like holy fuck. Does anyone not get the implication of his FB? He has stolen the souls of Bi-han, the original Hanzo pre-resurrection, and Smoke/Enera. That is super cool. They aren't the sub and scorpion we have in the game. They are the originals.
How did he get their souls? That's what I'm interested in. We saw Ermac being consumed. How about the others?

I love that no one cares that these guests are 30 fucking years late. Im 25 and LOVED 80's and early 90's movies, but my gf who is a few years younger has no idea who Spawn, or Ash even is. Mainstream casual appeal? I dont buy it at all. These are guests NRS wants. Also, Im stoked for the MK chars, but it feels weird that the DLC this time is bland. 9 had Rain, Kenshi, and Skarlet. X had Bo Rai Cho, Tanya, Triborg, and Tremor. Now were supposed to pay for(Recently) prior base roster characters(That really arent very requested comparatively)? Im happy because I get Nightwolf, but the Fanboyism is strong on this forum right now. NRS is a really shitty dev.

Other things to note: Raiden's and Lao's getup U3 seem to be unsafe on block in the trailer (now they're safe). Looks like we're gonna get gameplay changes too.

Also, Im stoked for the MK chars, but it feels weird that the DLC this time is bland. 9 had Rain, Kenshi, and Skarlet. X had Bo Rai Cho, Tanya, Triborg, and Tremor. Now were supposed to pay for(Recently) prior base roster characters(That really arent very requested comparatively)? Im happy because I get Nightwolf, but the Fanboyism is strong on this forum right now. NRS is a really shitty dev.
… lemme get this straight.

You're saying that MKX's choices of MK characters (BO RAI CHO, TREMOR, TANYA, TRIBORG) were better than MK11's (NIGHTWOLF, SINDEL, SHANG freakin TSUNG, FUJIN, SHEEVA)? Triborg was the only MK character who truly wowed the fans. The others were meh at best (sorry Tanya fans, but she pales in front of Sindel and Shang Tsung - and Nightwolf)

You're saying that MKX's choices of MK characters (BO RAI CHO, TREMOR, TANYA, TRIBORG) were better than MK11's (NIGHTWOLF, SINDEL, SHANG freakin TSUNG, FUJIN, SHEEVA)? Triborg was the only MK character who truly wowed the fans. The others were meh at best (sorry Tanya fans, but she pales in front of Sindel and Shang Tsung - and Nightwolf)
Im saying that Nightwolf and Sindel are story canon revenants that belong on the base roster, but fanboys will accept that. They arent hugely popular characters. Tremor and Skarlet are non-canon additions, that makes sense for DLC. They were focusing on the trilogy era for these games, so Bo, Tanya, Kenshi, 3d era chars, made sense for DLC. Triborg was more trilogy fan service and honestly was its own new char outside of canon, so DLC. Fujin, Nightwolf, Sindel, and Sheeva are apart of this story AND are also less requested than many many others, Fujin breaks that rule, but still. Get it straight, be condescending, Im used to it here, but try to think critically. NRS is playing 1D chess here. Also, youre a whiny lad, arent ya? Btw, Fujin and Sheeva could be scrapped for all we know, Fujin was datamined in MK9 also. Nightwolf is tight, to me Shang looks watered down but he is a good pick, and Im very happy for the 6 people wh like Sindel Queen of Character regression, but I do indeed prefer Tremor, Tanya, and Triborg. In fact, I wanted Havik, Sareena, Li Mei, Khameleon, Kai, Hotaru, Kintaro, Motaru, Smoke, Hornbuckle, Drahmin, Stryker, and Mokap more than Sindel or Sheeva.

Im saying that Nightwolf and Sindel are story canon revenants that belong on the base roster, but fanboys will accept that. They arent hugely popular characters. Tremor and Skarlet are non-canon additions, that makes sense for DLC. They were focusing on the trilogy era for these games, so Bo, Tanya, Kenshi, 3d era chars, made sense for DLC. Triborg was more trilogy fan service and honestly was its own new char outside of canon, so DLC. Fujin, Nightwolf, Sindel, and Sheeva are apart of this story AND are also less requested than many many others, Fujin breaks that rule, but still. Get it straight, be condescending, Im used to it here, but try to think critically. NRS is playing 1D chess here. Also, youre a whiny lad, arent ya? Btw, Fujin and Sheeva could be scrapped for all we know, Fujin was datamined in MK9 also. Nightwolf is tight, to me Shang looks watered down but he is a good pick, and Im very happy for the 6 people wh like Sindel Queen of Character regression, but I do indeed prefer Tremor, Tanya, and Triborg. In fact, I wanted Havik, Sareena, Li Mei, Khameleon, Kai, Hotaru, Kintaro, Motaru, Smoke, Hornbuckle, Drahmin, Stryker, and Mokap more than Sindel or Sheeva.
How can a DLC roster be 'bland' in your eyes when it has characters which belong in the base game (in your own words)? This makes no sense. And where does the 'whiny lad' came from?

except for shang tsung, mkx' kombat packs were way better, deal with it, end of story

“Desperately pining?” I never particularly cared if we got any of those characters. I just don’t like half-assed inclusion for appeasement, such as Mileena’s moves being given to Kitana. I’d prefer all or nothing.

But at least with Shang Tsung it makes sense. And it actually is pretty cool that you can use all of the moves together (in one combo, even).
People desperately trying to be wannabe smart axxholes. Have you considered that we are the ones with good taste and you are not? That its your mind that stopped working cuz it only sees palette swaps? No? Maybe you give it a whirl.
Just having a bit of fun :) Ulimately MK11 has such a wonderfully diverse roster with plenty of variety in terms of visual design and player fantasy that I think even people who had their "favorite" character left out should still be able to find somebody who makes them happy.

...however if your favorite character is only notable for past visual similarity to others who have long ago eclipsed him in terms of relevance and character development, and the ability to make his opponents slightly damp... I might raise my eyebrow slightly at your priorities :D

Nightwolf does not excite me one bit but, to each their own. I knew there were gonna be guests, but fucking 3 in a pack? It's frustrating mostly because of what could have been; Mileena, Reptile, Sareena, Havik, Smoke....whomever. Imagine all of them in the game instead of...90's popular movies characters. Anyway. Beating a dead horse.