What's new

Shang Tsung Gameplay Trailer & Kombat Pack Revealed!

It's finally here! The DLC trailer showing off Shang Tsung and letting us know who is still to come. Check it out!

Shang Tsung will be available June 18th to Kombat Pack owners along with the Klassic Arcade Ninja skin pack which includes MK2-inspired skins for Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Noob Saibot!

Kombat Pack line-up:
  • Shang Tsung
  • Nightwolf
  • Sindel
  • Spawn
  • ...and two more guests to be revealed soon
The Kombat Pack also includes more gear and skins for every character, with a total of 19 additional skins!

Thanks @Darth-Nero for the additional information.

Last edited:

Comments

Although the trailer was still awesome. And I will still play him.

And he says “your soul is mine” so it’s an automatic win.

But damn, June 18th?? I’m surprised it is taking so long for the DLC. Usually we get the first one in 4 weeks. Seems like they really did need more development time this time around, but they were forced to rush it out at the end to meet WB’s deadline. Probably needed another 2 months or so I’m guessing.

T T T T Terminator and Ash Willians any doubt?
Love Shang Love Wolf, no cry for any other chars, the game is stupendous, despite no Fujin;

So Hype!!
Side note, given the leak proved to be quite true, i wonder how they'll roll out sheeva and fujin in that case.
Bonus characters (not likely), the start of the next pack (more likely)

Shang looks sick asf not gonna lie. Will def try him on for size. However it’s bittersweet for me because I held out a small hope for Human Smoke as a DLC character down the line (technically would not have been a repeat since he was part of Triborg in MKX and even more technically, that was Cyborg Smoke).

Next to Liu as my main, Smoke has always been my definitive secondary character and it’s unfortunate that it doesn’t look promising to have that 1-2 combo return for me :-/.

Oh well, pumped to see what more they have planned and excited for the (hopefully) close to be released balance update. Just fix the universal whiffing and hurtbox issues, adjust KB reqs for certain characters (Noob, Cage, etc), and give us another variation for each character this time around. Can always tweak and tune frame data later on IMO.

They’ll give a sneak peek of the two ‘remaining guests’ (lol, like we don’t know who they are) in the Gamespot stream I imagine. Not necessarily a full breakdown, just maybe renders.

The description for the stream on YouTube (before it got taken down) said it was a breakdown of Shangs variations and maybe a look at some DLC characters.
Yo when is said stream mah boyo?

Its early and I may be overreacting, but I feel super bummed that my favorite characters from MK are reduced to gimmick special moves. I'd rather them not be in the game at all than get blue balls. Feels like a big middle finger to all the ninja fans
I’m still not sure how I feel about giving characters individual moves of other characters who fans badly want in the game. It just feels like a slap in the face.
People desperately pining for palette swapped ninjas: have you guys considered liking less dumb characters? :D

From the chainsaw sound and Terminator 2 movie music at the nd of the video, we can assume the 2 guests are Ash Williams and T-800. :coffee:

Damn it I wanted Sheeva first not Sindel.
Oh well just make Sindel's Banshee Scream an ACTUAL scream unlike MK9/X and refine her hair moves and that'll work. Spawn's cool, Ash is cool, Having a third Guest in the pack is not cool and you'll have to sell me on Nightwolf because he's always been dull to me.

As for Shang Tsung, He looks fantastic. I'm actually not mad about the Reptile as a special move and here's why:
I have X for my Reptile needs, It's a chance to see MK2 Rep despite not being in the roster, It's playing on Ninja Nostalgia (get fucked Chameleon) and All he steals is the stylish slide.

REALLY LOVED THE KINTARO FATALITY. He looks good too...Now I know this is a tall order but can I get a Kintaro premier skin with that Sheeva DLC next year. Please?

I wonder what they mean by "two more guests"

Does that mean two more guest characters similar to Spawn? Or does it just mean there are two more "guests" coming to the Kombat Pack which could be anyone?

Shang looks cool and I'm glad Sindel and Nightwolf are back, but I have to admit that the lack of Fujin is kinda disappointing since the rest of the leak has turned out to be real. :/
The leak was entirely correct.

Fujin is coming in a later combat pack

Sheeva in 2020... I... I let myself be hurt. I thought her being key in the story mode would elevate her in the order.... No it's got to be three guests before her. Ash, and Spawn, and Terminator are more important than the game's Shokan.

Dust the salt off.... Ugh....

I'm genuinely excited for Shang and Sindel and Nightwolf. Just a heavy loss this year for Sheeva fans. RIP.

See you in 2020 Queen. =/