What's new

Shang Tsung Gameplay Trailer & Kombat Pack Revealed!

It's finally here! The DLC trailer showing off Shang Tsung and letting us know who is still to come. Check it out!

Shang Tsung will be available June 18th to Kombat Pack owners along with the Klassic Arcade Ninja skin pack which includes MK2-inspired skins for Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Noob Saibot!

Kombat Pack line-up:
  • Shang Tsung
  • Nightwolf
  • Sindel
  • Spawn
  • ...and two more guests to be revealed soon
The Kombat Pack also includes more gear and skins for every character, with a total of 19 additional skins!

Thanks @Darth-Nero for the additional information.

Last edited:

Comments

I don't know why people are upset that transforming in to other characters is a major part of his move set.. Morphing was his whole moveset apart from fireballs in the first few Mortal Kombats. I think it is awesome to bring it back.
I agree. My wish was that he morphed into random dead warriors like goro or Kintaro during combo strings but that’s probably tough to do. Slowing the game down and such. I will definitely settle for special moves from the pallet swaps. He was also slinging soul magic and scrolls around. He was throwing the hands. He looks fucking dope, I’m stoked.

The two other guest characters are probably Terminator & Ash but I wish Bayonetta was DLC like Hideki Kyuga teased on Twitter

You can hear a chainsaw and a lever-action reloading rifle/shotgun when "two more guests" shows up. The datamining already leaked Ash from Evil Dead and Terminator. I bet they're the guests.
That shotgun sound could've just been Ash's Boomstick

I don't think the 4 ninjas are "special" moves. It looks like one of those stance things where you input to get into the stance then each button does something different (like Sonya Military Stance in MKX). Could be wrong though.

Trailer looked sick. Can't wait for Shang, nightwolf and co.
Little bummed that my favorites smoke and rain officially didn't make it in as full on characters but their exclusion doesn't make this game any less awesome!

I meaaaann. The Joker, Terminator, Ash, and Spawn were leaked... Idky people are raging over the guests when we knew it was gonna happen lmao.

Personally I’m really interested on Nightwolf and Sindel. I really want to see Joker too, it’ll be interesting to finally have a DC Character get ripped to pieces. His fatalities have to be sick af too, he’s done some pretty messed up things in the comics so

Pretty much how I feel. Shang looks amazing and I can't wait to play him, but why did it take so long for them to upload this?

I also find it very weird how we didn't get a DLC character walk-up like with MKX and Injustice 2, just name drops. Like really? Spawn is revealed with a name drop and not him walking into the scene or something? Just seems like a missed opportunity.

Not to mention how two of the character still aren't revealed, so no, it technically isn't a Kombat Pack reveal when 2/6 is missing.
even when we finally get a reveal who's in it they still manage to half ass it