What's new

Shang Tsung Gameplay Trailer & Kombat Pack Revealed!

It's finally here! The DLC trailer showing off Shang Tsung and letting us know who is still to come. Check it out!

Shang Tsung will be available June 18th to Kombat Pack owners along with the Klassic Arcade Ninja skin pack which includes MK2-inspired skins for Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Noob Saibot!

Kombat Pack line-up:
  • Shang Tsung
  • Nightwolf
  • Sindel
  • Spawn
  • ...and two more guests to be revealed soon
The Kombat Pack also includes more gear and skins for every character, with a total of 19 additional skins!

Thanks @Darth-Nero for the additional information.

Last edited:

Comments

I wonder what they mean by "two more guests"

Does that mean two more guest characters similar to Spawn? Or does it just mean there are two more "guests" coming to the Kombat Pack which could be anyone?

Shang looks cool and I'm glad Sindel and Nightwolf are back, but I have to admit that the lack of Fujin is kinda disappointing since the rest of the leak has turned out to be real. :/
Probably means exactly what it sounds. So probably Terminator and Joker, or maybe Ash due to the chainsaw at the end.

@Gamer68 I suppose one can't be 100% sure, but there will most likely be 2 more guest characters (as in not from MK series). Sindel and Nightwolf were leaked and proved to be real so I'm gonna guess Joker and Terminator will be the guests.

Super happy with Shang and Nightwolf confirmation. Curious as to why no Sheeva, but it's kinda whatever after the previous two

Probably means exactly what it sounds. So probably Terminator and Joker.
Like someone pointed out, there was a chainsaw sound when it says "two more guests"

The last two are probably Terminator and Ash.

Kombat Pack 2, if it happens (still a big IF obviously) will have Sheeva, Fujin, maybe Havik since his assist files were removed for some reason, then 3 guests including The Joker.

I was expecting at least a glimpse at Nightwolf and Sindel. So sad...
At least we know they're there and the early access date is not that far off.
Did you notice the buzzsaw noise at the guests screen? Could that be a hint at Ash or just a general slasher movies sound effect?

So it looks half the kombat pack will be guests...

Yay. I mean, it's to be expected.

All in all very excited.

Paying homage to the classic Kintaro fatality was cool af.

DEFINITELY DIDNT LIVE UP TO ALL THE BS WE HAD TO DEAL WITH TODAY

But fuck lol finally it’s here.
Pretty much how I feel. Shang looks amazing and I can't wait to play him, but why did it take so long for them to upload this?

I also find it very weird how we didn't get a DLC character walk-up like with MKX and Injustice 2, just name drops. Like really? Spawn is revealed with a name drop and not him walking into the scene or something? Just seems like a missed opportunity.

Not to mention how two of the character still aren't revealed, so no, it technically isn't a Kombat Pack reveal when 2/6 is missing.

So ninjas basically are special moves, basically because shang tsung has no special moves besides fireballs

Very anticlimactic the announcement of the other characters, looks super improvised, like they couldn't finish the models and said "screw it, just put the names"

And I wonder how did get get that raiden krushing blow, they may have changed the requirement or it is just a trailer thing...

The klassic ninjas look freaking cool, but my baby smoke :( oh well, can't wait to see what they did with Nightwolf and Sindel! I thought they would have shown some renders at least. And that chainsaw sound at the end was definitely Ash Williams.