What's new

Shang Tsung 1st DLC!

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Tough to say. Shao Kahn seems as if he has a significant part in the story, and he is pre-order dlc. Not sure what that means with Shang since he's walking around full model as well.
Yeah, I'm taking this as a very good sign that he will indeed show up in story mode. That's all I want. I don't need to fight him.

He could be fightable, just not playable. Maybe he's on-disk "DLC."
I've heard a lot of people say that NRS said about MK11 that there will not be any fightable, non-playable NPCs like Rain/Baraka/Sindel. I don't have the source. I assume it's one of the interviews from Reveal Day.

trufenix

bye felicia
I've heard a lot of people say that NRS said about MK11 that there will not be any fightable, non-playable NPCs like Rain/Baraka/Sindel. I don't have the source. I assume it's one of the interviews from Reveal Day.
It was said by a now ex-staffer who said the backlash was so strong after MKX's story only characters that Ed didn't want to do it anymore. It was also said like 3 years ago.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Does this suggest Shinnok may be in the roster? He appears at the start of Story Mode, after all.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
He could be fightable, just not playable. Maybe he's on-disk "DLC."
Uhhhh, that's not going to happen.

Skin from the movie? Or what?
Scorpion without his mask from the MK Day Reveal build.

No, the comment was specifically about FIGHTABLE NPCs. I'll eat 50 hats if there aren't any non-fightable, previously-roster-characters NPCs in story mode.
I mean Shinnok is already in like that. No need to partake in the consumption of headwear just yet.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Shang Tsung's reveal as the first DLC was definitely a pleasant surprise, and so happy that Cary Tagawa is the one who voices him and is is the face of the character.

I was so sure it would be a guest character who would be revealed, but no, MK all the way! ♥

aj1701

Noob
Yeah, I'm taking this as a very good sign that he will indeed show up in story mode. That's all I want. I don't need to fight him.

They're still playable if they are on disc dlc.. you just have to buy them first. :)

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
They're still playable if they are on disc dlc.. you just have to buy them first. :)
They never said anything about playable NPCs, only about fightable NPCs. Bruh you gonna have to bring your A++ game if you wanna outsemantic me.