What's new

SFxT Discussion Thread

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Being a huge Capcom fan, this game has definitely been on my radar since its announcement.

The game is shaping up to be something fantastic and I genuinely hope the 2v2 mode gets some love at majors. Unfortunately, I haven't played SF or Tekken extensively in the past (always been a Marvel guy), so I'm not really sure who I'll be using. I am fairly certain that Lili will be on my team though. I like the character design and her pressure/mixup game appears to be something I'll really enjoy.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Hugo is an amazing character because he was designed as an homage to Andre the giant. Best sf character ever IMO.

Tapatalk, helping me procrastinate.

So many high level people are saying this game is good, like CVS2, 3s era good.

(Flip Champ, Arturo, Flash Metroid, Spooky, Ryan Hart, Ricky, Wong and etc)

I can't believe this is happening... and to imagine this is after the whole gems fiasco.

So many high level people are saying this game is good, like CVS2, 3s era good.

(Flip Champ, Arturo, Flash Metroid, Spooky, Ryan Hart, Ricky, Wong and etc)

I can't believe this is happening... and to imagine this is after the whole gems fiasco.
Oddly, this seems to be despite the gems/pandora etc. Essentially the Gems and Pandora, at least so far, certainly seem to be really really minor minor things. As a result, they've made up basically 1% of the game thus far. And players who played the game before those things were introduced did enjoy the game, and the changes in the non-gem/non-pandora aspects have been found to be favorable.

Essentially, the whole gems thing was basically a lesson in how NOT to market something (same with Pandora) --> You shouldn't market a feature to the game heavily when you can't demonstrate it.

Oddly, this seems to be despite the gems/pandora etc. Essentially the Gems and Pandora, at least so far, certainly seem to be really really minor minor things. As a result, they've made up basically 1% of the game thus far. And players who played the game before those things were introduced did enjoy the game, and the changes in the non-gem/non-pandora aspects have been found to be favorable.

Essentially, the whole gems thing was basically a lesson in how NOT to market something (same with Pandora) --> You shouldn't market a feature to the game heavily when you can't demonstrate it.
To be fair, gems do exactly as they were advertise which is to enhance the player's playstyle. Pandora is unexplored, there are options and opportunities. It just has to be explored.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
To be fair, gems do exactly as they were advertise which is to enhance the player's playstyle. Pandora is unexplored, there are options and opportunities. It just has to be explored.
Exactly, it was mostly people getting furious over things like the auto-block gem without having the common sense to realize that Capcom would balance it in some way. Ono is responsible for SF4 which, aside from AE, is a game praised for its balance. Even with his trolling, players should have trusted him more with this game.

My only complaint about gems, and it remains even now, is their glow. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to have a character flash one specific color upon activating a gem. I can't believe this eyesore is still in the game.

They could've just had the gem on the HUD glow and have gem activation animation appear on the character for a split second just so you know it activated. No need to keep it there for as long as some of them do. Other than that the game looks outstanding and I can't wait to get my hands on the final build.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Considering the things in SFIV, like the abundance of characters that practically don't play Street Fighter as well as some of the quirks and things like the vanilla AE debacle, people had a lot of doubt as far as SFxT goes.

So far, the biggest issue anyone has at this point has really been the preorder gems, or they already don't like the game because they just don't like it. Given all the above, that's a pretty big surprise.

Gems are, quite honestly, one of the most ingenious ways to add in game-altering customization without drastically changing the game at all while they're active. They only accent your playstyle. I'm looking forward to the USB drive system for customization/button checks. That shit right there is something I've wanted to see done with a fighting game for quite a while.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Considering the things in SFIV, like the abundance of characters that practically don't play Street Fighter as well as some of the quirks and things like the vanilla AE debacle, people had a lot of doubt as far as SFxT goes.

So far, the biggest issue anyone has at this point has really been the preorder gems, or they already don't like the game because they just don't like it. Given all the above, that's a pretty big surprise.

Gems are, quite honestly, one of the most ingenious ways to add in game-altering customization without drastically changing the game at all while they're active. They only accent your playstyle. I'm looking forward to the USB drive system for customization/button checks. That shit right there is something I've wanted to see done with a fighting game for quite a while.
For someone like me... who read the last part and said "I have no idea what that means... but it sounds super duper", could you explain it a little more?

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I'm looking forward to the USB drive system for customization/button checks.
Y'know, I'm surprised MadCatz hasn't worked a USB into their sticks so you can save your gems/customization directly onto your fight stick.

If this USB trend continues, I bet we could see that in the future.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
For someone like me... who read the last part and said "I have no idea what that means... but it sounds super duper", could you explain it a little more?
Okay, so, to solve the issue with gems and lengthy button configs at tournaments, the SFxT devs designed a feature that lets you export your gem and button customization to a USB drive, which is huge, as it opens up doors of using USB drives sorta like the card system used for games like SFIV.

EDIT: Yeah, Phase, that's my thought. Eventually USB hubs built into the arcade stick would be done, which would be TREMENDOUS. You'd be able to have a tournament with donated sticks, and the only thing you'd actually need is a USB drive! GODLIKE!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Maaan, what is this bullshit?
I mean, I don't have a problem with transvestites, but I want Poison to be a girl.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
pre-ordered this , going to main Ibuki because i have played her in 3s and sf4 (badly in both, but my loyalty lies with schoolgirl ninjas)

Going to put ling on my team atm because they transitioned her stances well from tekken, but if it calls for tier whoring to beat all the ryu+akuma losers then i will gladly do so.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
With a better net code, (I assume) bigger community, online training mode, no FGC hate towards it (As its Capcom), can MK survive this? The online numbers are dwindling as it is.