What's new

SFxT Discussion Thread

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
ok dang man i guess i'll find out at a later time since mass effect three takes comes before sf x tekken in my book

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
The tekken characters do look way more dominant and fun to play so far, I think the only one with a projectile is Raven and he has a teleport too. I cant imagine pandora being useful very often myself either, but imagine how hype that shit'd be on the EVO big stage if someone pulled it off and won in terrible odds.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I was originally passing on this due to that crappy imposter Mega Man, but since he's PS3 exclusive and I'm on 360 I'll get this. XP

I'm definitely picking up Rolento, I've been waiting for him to come back since Alpha 3 as he's uber fun to play and his Final Fight theme is badass. Cody will be my big main though, really hoping he's part of the vanilla roster, but unfortunately it doesn't seem so. There's a bunch of characters I want to try out, and I'm super stoked to finally play as Ogre again.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I know it sounds crappy, but I'm kinda hoping Pac-Man is DLC for 360 players. >_>

I'd main that shit.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The tekken characters do look way more dominant and fun to play so far, I think the only one with a projectile is Raven and he has a teleport too. I cant imagine pandora being useful very often myself either, but imagine how hype that shit'd be on the EVO big stage if someone pulled it off and won in terrible odds.
Jin and Steve have projectiles as well.

Honestly, the Tekken characters look godlike now. Once their frame data's exposed, though, it wouldn't surprise me if the SF characters are stronger.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Seeing the Tekken characters function in a SF setting is pretty much the main selling point for me, it's kinda the same way for every Capcom Vs. game to me.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
in the words of Maxter he needs it lol jk. Idk i really dont like marvel 3 so if it actually does play similar im just gonna pass i prefer 1v1 fighting games

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
in the words of Maxter he needs it lol jk. Idk i really dont like marvel 3 so if it actually does play similar im just gonna pass i prefer 1v1 fighting games
The difference between this and Marvel 3 is that it's much more footsies-based. The only similarities are some possible mixups.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
eh well like is said i'll come to it with an open mind but cashcom has let me down with AE and AE 2012 and both MVC3's so i guess i will have to wait and seee

Fatality_check

Never Gonna Give
Yeah, this game is lush. I'll definitely be using Yoshi, not sure who else but King is really fun. Next game i'll be getting definitely.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Tekken characters do look crazy good. I think it's just because everyone is using the SF characters like they're playing SFIV. But they've already said Tekken characters have almost 3 times the number of moves on the moves list. That means they have a lot more option and depth than the SF characters. Kinda reminds me of MKvsDC. It was an MK game but the DC characters were way better than the MK characters.

I don't know if I should be disappointed or overjoyed that no one made the Bob/Sagat joke yet.

All that aside, my team will probably be Balrog/Steve. I'm a fan of pugilism.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't know if I should be disappointed or overjoyed that no one made the Bob/Sagat joke yet.

All that aside, my team will probably be Balrog/Steve. I'm a fan of pugilism.
Haha they did, but like a year ago.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'll probably pick this up. It looks interesting enough for me to have as a side game. I loved Tekken until it became the same game for 4 years in a row.

Maybe i'll see a few of you there.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
When does this game come out??

I'm team. Blond guile and Nina :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

SF characters have better links (links do way more damage than chains), possibly better pokes and a lot of them have good zoning. Tekken characters just have ton of options, mobility and tools.

I still think Tekken characters will be better overall just because of the number of tools they have.

Seth said himself that zoning will not be as dominant as in SF4. So at the highest levels, the characters with the most mobility/counter/evasion tools are likely going to be better. Kinda like why Kung Lao is probably better than Cyrax.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I may end up preordering this on Amazon, if so I'll probably be experimenting quite a bit since there's a bunch of characters I'm interested in.

Hoping that Hugo isn't d-tier in this game.

NKZero

Noob
Yep March 6th in the US and March 9th for EU. Can't wait :) . I'm probably trying out M. Bison and Kazuya first though I need to find some nice team synergy. My favourite official team is Hwoarang and Steve aka. Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee :) They have the best super arts!

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Cody and Guy will be DLC released in the fall along with like 10 other characters. I love rushdown/close combat as opposed to zoning(funny I'm saying this since I main Ermac). Whenever my friend and I play any fighting game that isn't mvc3 and we get close to one another sometimes we throw flurries of normals at one another high and low. Even if I come out losing those fights its a lot more fun than dealing with a flurry of special/zoning attacks. <- opinion,don't hit me.