What's new

SFV Beta Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
You guys that say you're having long wait times between matches makes me question your internet speed/connectivity lol. For me the wait between matches is too fast and I don't get any practice time to try things out. Something is suspect. :coffee:
I think they mean once you get accepted to a match, it seems to hang on the player screen for a long time. I'm having the same issue. No practice time, but long wait times.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Not really understanding Bison's move set. What is the point of his Psycho Blast (non-ex)? Doesn't seem to be very good, especially for a charge move. His footsies seem sub-par (assuming his cr.hk is unsafe), and can't really figure out any links or combos with him. None of his halfway decent attacks are cancelable. Even his dial-in combo doesn't actually link (f.mp-df.hp). His jumping attacks are also awful. They all just keep phasing right through the opponent's head. J.hk is hitting the entire upper half of the opponent but passing right through. Wtf? Apparently the hitbox is only on his front foot, when it used to stretch to his back knee in SFIV.

The teleport-forward-dash is cool, though.

I've played Bison in ever game he was playable, but I simply cannot figure him out in this game. So far SFV seems totally foreign to me. Not clicking at all.

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
You guys that say you're having long wait times between matches makes me question your internet speed/connectivity lol. For me the wait between matches is too fast and I don't get any practice time to try things out. Something is suspect. :coffee:
this is def my problem now-- like in back into a match with like 20 seconds. i want to lab Sim. Karin but im not getting ANY space to.. its been basically pick ken and win not exploring any part of the game or pick someone and just try to lab them while playing a match.. my "beta" rank is booboo.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
this is def my problem now-- like in back into a match with like 20 seconds. i want to lab Sim. Karin but im not getting ANY space to.. its been basically pick ken and win not exploring any part of the game or pick someone and just try to lab them while playing a match.. my "beta" rank is booboo.
Set both of your training characters as Karin, and then change the dummy to record mode. Infinite practice time.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Certain moves, on counter hit, give a crih counter status, which is like a stagger, giving you heavy advantage. I *think* they do more damage too, but I could be wrong.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Can anyone tell me how Rashid is? Him, M.Bison, and F.A.N.G. are the only characters that interest me other than Vega, that is including the DLC characters. I hope to god that Vega gets buffed in the final version, he deserves to be good after the shitty treatment he got in Street Fighter IV.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Can anyone tell me how Rashid is? Him, M.Bison, and F.A.N.G. are the only characters that interest me other than Vega, that is including the DLC characters. I hope to god that Vega gets buffed in the final version, he deserves to be good after the shitty treatment he got in Street Fighter IV.
Full disclosure, I'm awful at the game, but I was unable to really figure out much with Rashid. His moves seemed fun, but it depends on how unsafe they are. His jumping attacks didn't seem great. His V-Skill seems good for setting up unblockables when combined with his dive-kick. But he doesn't have any dial-combos that are special cancelable. His projectile is pretty cool (like Air Man from Mega Man 2), but doesn't have much range and has a lot of start-up frames. Overall, did not seem as good as some of the other characters.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Why am I always Ryu when a match pop up from training mode?
You have to go into Battle Settings and choose your "favorite fighter". This is who you will always be when you get into a match.

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
Same here

Now that the whole cast is available except FANG, who do you guys & girls think is one of the better / overall stronger characters in this build of SFV? I have been matched vs top 800 players all day long because of my rank ( match making finally works ) and I have seen quite a lot when it comes to tech, advanced setups, match ups and what each character is capable of. Dhalsim doesn't seem this bad tbh, if played right. He might have the best keep away game in SFV, but once you get in, it's game over for him in most cases. Gief got a lot of potential for players that are rly patient. I tried out my old mains Ken and Rashid. Ken is much weaker now from my experience. Rashid seems sth like mid tier, but has some potential too. He is just rly difficult to learn. Birdie seems like the shoto killer!

I feel like Karin is still probably the best overall character in SFV among with Cammy on second place. Necalli is rly strong as well in this build. This is just my opinion and I might be completely wrong.

What's your opinion?

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Now that the whole cast is available except FANG, who do you guys & girls think is one of the better / overall stronger characters in this build of SFV? I have been matched vs top 800 players all day long because of my rank ( match making finally works ) and I have seen quite a lot when it comes to tech, advanced setups, match ups and what each character is capable of. Dhalsim doesn't seem this bad tbh, if played right. He might have the best keep away game in SFV, but once you get in, it's game over for him in most cases. Gief got a lot of potential for players that are rly patient. I tried out my old mains Ken and Rashid. Ken is much weaker now from my experience. Rashid seems sth like mid tier, but has some potential too. He is just rly difficult to learn. Birdie seems like the shoto killer!

I feel like Karin is still probably the best overall character in SFV among with Cammy on second place. Necalli is rly strong as well in this build. This is just my opinion and I might be completely wrong.

What's your opinion?
The character I had the most success with was Laura. She seemed good from any distance, and has some good hard-to-block setups. If her overhead kick had a few more frames of hit-advantage, she'd be much better. Right now it feels almost negative on hit...

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.

What's your opinion?
From what I've seen of Dhalsim I definitely think he's good but need to see more. Top 4 in my opinion Karin, Cammy, Bison and Birdie. I've only fought one Necalli in this phase unfortunately.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Doing a lot better today, mainly cuz I got Karen to work with. I'm having fun but not quite as much as I remember learning SFIV.

A lot of times I win and feel like I scrubbed it out. I never quite feel like I'm playing footsies. It's a lot of mashing and throwing random specials lol

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
Doing a lot better today, mainly cuz I got Karen to work with. I'm having fun but not quite as much as I remember learning SFIV.

A lot of times I win and feel like I scrubbed it out. I never quite feel like I'm playing footsies. It's a lot of mashing and throwing random specials lol
Man, if I had a nickel for every time I saw someone throw out a tatsu from a full screen away..

Status
Not open for further replies.