What's new

SFV Beta Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Well, it looks like I have completely missed the beta and will have to wait next year...

So how is Vega?

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Street fighter V might be a pass then, unless F.A.N.G. or Rashid are good and incredibly fun to play.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
i was messing around with the beta pretty much all day earlier with some of my friends. we played pretty much everyone other than birdie, gief and nash. i was mostly playing chun and vega but also dabbled with cammy and sim. i really like the game a lot and its definitely going to be my competitive focus when it drops

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Something of possible use I found on Chun while dorking around.

As stated previously, you can do cr.lp x st.mp on Chun and it will combo without needing to be a counter-hit. the st.mp will then combo in to her rapid kicks (qcf+RH). Not much of a big deal by itself, but, this leaves you at the perfect distance to then do her f+d.RH command normal. Its a normal that flips her over the opponent and kicks them, crossing them up. Well, THAT will combo in to st.MP, which will, again, combo in to her kicks. 378 damage in total. Nothing earth shattering, and its not going to work every time, but something thats nice to throw in there on occasion. Obviously you can do the crossup kick any time, but the spacing is pretty picky to land it deep enough to get the st.MP to link afterwards and her Kicks move spaces it out perfectly.

cr.lp x st.mp x qfc+RH
d+f.RH x st.mp x qfc+RH

I'm sure this is known and its nothing particularly powerful, just nice to keep in mind for a follow-up after you land her kicks. I haven't experimented, but I wonder if she has any moves that are somewhat visually similar in startup to the crossup kick.. Could make for a small mindgame/mixup.

Noob
Well, it looks like I have completely missed the beta and will have to wait next year...

So how is Vega?
Nerfed into oblivion. ;)
@Immortal Glad to hear im not going crazy and feel Vega was super nerfed in almost everything!! Can i just confirme with you something, just to make sure my suspicions are correct:

Stance switch has more recovery and is punishable even after s.HP on block
Rolling Kick is now more negative and punishable on block
His jump seems to have a diferent arc now, more closed in/doesnt seem to go as far

Thats what i noticed just from playing 30 mins the rest seem to be hitbox ajustments:

MK seems to have a smaller hitbox now.
cr.MK also seems to have a smaller hitbox

Noticed some more stuff but could be only me, so no point in speaking to much about that. Let me know what else you think its nerfed i would like to compare that with my Phase 2 videos. Thanks

Play MyaKyo and tell me Vega sucks again :)
We are not saying you cant be good with him, but on a character without a single decent wakeup nerfing his range and making a lot of stuff more punishable is a huge nerf...

Immortal

Blind justice....
@Immortal Glad to hear im not going crazy and feel Vega was super nerfed in almost everything!! Can i just confirme with you something, just to make sure my suspicions are correct:

Stance switch has more recovery and is punishable even after s.HP on block
Rolling Kick is now more negative and punishable on block
His jump seems to have a diferent arc now, more closed in/doesnt seem to go as far

Thats what i noticed just from playing 30 mins the rest seem to be hitbox ajustments:

MK seems to have a smaller hitbox now.
cr.MK also seems to have a smaller hitbox

Noticed some more stuff but could be only me, so no point in speaking to much about that. Let me know what else you think its nerfed i would like to compare that with my Phase 2 videos. Thanks

We are not saying you cant be good with him, but on a character without a single decent wakeup nerfing his range and making a lot of stuff more punishable is a huge nerf...
Yup, stance recovery has like 3 more frames of recovery and is punishable always
Rolling Kick is way more punishable now, using it is suicide
jump arc has been severely reduced, thou its still pretty good

All K have now reduced hitboxes, HK is the most noticeable
Also im pretty sure that cr.MP for some reason also has reduced hitbox

Like i said before, he was nerfed into oblivion. Not that he didn't need some adjustments (some characters really struggled vs him) but not to that extent for sure.

It's back to Chun Li for me.

Play MyaKyo and tell me Vega sucks again :)
I don't recall saying that Vega sucks, don't put words into my mouth.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
GODDAMMIT, CAPCOM. Stop removing the fun from your game, Jesus.
I've been patiently waiting for Mika for the last two days, but now that she's available I see they removed A LOT of stuff from her.

I'm seriously considering not picking up SFV anymore.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
GODDAMMIT, CAPCOM. Stop removing the fun from your game, Jesus.
I've been patiently waiting for Mika for the last two days, but now that she's available I see they removed A LOT of stuff from her.

I'm seriously considering not picking up SFV anymore.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Am I the only one who's hella annoyed by the time you have to spend OUTSIDE matches just to play? I spend more time outside a match just connecting and seeing the long-ass stats screens after the fight and in the menus and blah blaaah blaaaaaaah.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Lol damn I thought I was a total noob but after reading the posts in this thread looks like I'm not the only one losing to mashing. I'm trying to play like I imagine it should, turns after blocking, having the advantage after you land a combo, etc. etc. but looks like I'm doing it all wrong because I keep losing.

Kindda lifted my spirits seeing people having the same problem as me lol.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Yup, stance recovery has like 3 more frames of recovery and is punishable always
Rolling Kick is way more punishable now, using it is suicide
jump arc has been severely reduced, thou its still pretty good

All K have now reduced hitboxes, HK is the most noticeable
Also im pretty sure that cr.MP for some reason also has reduced hitbox

Like i said before, he was nerfed into oblivion. Not that he didn't need some adjustments (some characters really struggled vs him) but not to that extent for sure.

It's back to Chun Li for me.

I don't recall saying that Vega sucks, don't put words into my mouth.
So you meant Vega is a great character by saying "nerfed into oblivion" ? Sorry lol

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
Yeah, started winning quite a bit more after reading TYM's thoughts but I don't know if I feel better as a player now or not. You definitely just jab on wake up every now and then or to try and get out of pressure sometimes. I've ound disrespecting somebody's options works far better in this game. They block an unsafe move? Ex Scythe kick immediately afterward and if they block that instead of trying to push a button, I cancel into v-trigger and go from there.

Immortal

Blind justice....
So you meant Vega is a great character by saying "nerfed into oblivion" ? Sorry lol
Whatever i meant it's not for you to decide and put words into my mouth.

For the record i already said exactly what i think about current Vega in the message you quoted.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Whatever i meant it's not for you to decide and put words into my mouth.

For the record i already said exactly what i think about current Vega in the message you quoted.
Sure bro. Whatever.

--- Just look at how easily MyaKyo wins with your "nerfed to oblivion ... it's back to Chun-Li for me" character --- if you prefer. Same thing. LMAO

Point wasn't about "you" or "putting words in your mouth" (ego-maniac much ?) but about Vega still being very good from what I've seen.

Sim was considered garbage, and now FChamp or JWong show the world how great he really is.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Sure bro. Whatever.

--- Just look at how easily MyaKyo wins with your "nerfed to oblivion ... it's back to Chun-Li for me" character --- if you prefer. Same thing. LMAO

Point wasn't about "you" or "putting words in your mouth" (ego-maniac much ?) but about Vega still being very good from what I've seen.

Sim was considered garbage, and now FChamp or JWong show the world how great he really is.
Can't you read or smtg?

I never said a word about Sim. I also never said that Vega sucks now. I also never even talked to you about it. You just quoted me and wrote that Vega sucks by my opinion which isn't true. Simple as that.

For me Vega was overnerfed and as you can see here, not only for me. Is he still good or not it remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.