What's new

SFV Beta Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noob
Damn Vega needs a DP wakeup or anti air like yesterday... with this new nerfs he got pushed back to among the worse characters in the game currently... characters that used to be 5-5 MU´s or close enouth are now losing MUs, characters like Ryu complitly destroy him, Ryu can run circles around Vega and theres nothing Vega can do about it, whilst before you could win with ranged pokes, with Ryus new properties and buffs he actually outpokes Vega... This is very dissapointing to say the least, considering i was very exited that Vega was becoming more offensive now he doesnt excel at anything

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
"Bro stop putting words in my mouth"
"No bro YOU stop putting words in my mouth"
"Bro I didn't put words in your mouth stop putting words in my mouth"

Guys please, let's get back to the main topic here, which is help me actually not be shit at this game.

It's impossible to grind though when you can only play one ranked match every 5 minutes against a random every time :S

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Can't you read or smtg?

I never said a word about Sim. I also never said that Vega sucks now. I also never even talked to you about it. You just quoted me and wrote that Vega sucks by my opinion which isn't true. Simple as that.

For me Vega was overnerfed and as you can see here, not only for me. Is he still good or not it remains to be seen.
Hmm who's the one that can't read ?

Tell me where I said you talked about Sim again ?

Just quoted you when you said he was "nerfed to oblivion", without insulting you or anything, and just posted that MyaKyo managed to do good with Vega in his current state, he's doing -very good- actually.

Sorry again if I thought "nerfed to oblivion" was a cute way to say that he "sucks now", but face it, "nerfed to oblivion" or "overnerfed" doesn't mean he is a great character either, especially when you conclude with you switching back to Chun-Li.

So either you're mad at me over nothing (really) or you are raging about Capcom nerfing Vega so much that you have to switch character and pour that rage onto me just for the heck of it.

In both cases : get over it !

Thank you.

Back on topic now.

mercureXI

"Bro stop putting words in my mouth"
"No bro YOU stop putting words in my mouth"
"Bro I didn't put words in your mouth stop putting words in my mouth"

Guys please, let's get back to the main topic here, which is help me actually not be shit at this game.

It's impossible to grind though when you can only play one ranked match every 5 minutes against a random every time :S
Your best bet is getting the "offline beta" that is sure to be available in a few hours / days after official beta ends, and play against people you know / are good at SFV in "versus" mode (training mode set from dummy to 2P, non-infinite health etc).

It helps a lot more than fighting randoms with wifi lag, that's for sure.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Bison got some new goodies this time around I did not know of previously.

SK pressure is roughly the same, though I notice it seems to be more punishable after the second rep.

New target combo for a crush counter frame trap! MP > D+F HP (SUPER GOOD)

Cr. MK is once again special cancellable like it is in SF4.

Noticed they changed the Psycho Inferno input from charge to QCB + P.

Well color me surprised... Or purple.

RM_NINfan101

Can anyone tell me what has changed with Mika so I know what to look into when I play/practice as her?

mercureXI

Bison got some new goodies this time around I did not know of previously.

SK pressure is roughly the same, though I notice it seems to be more punishable after the second rep.

New target combo for a crush counter frame trap! MP > D+F HP (SUPER GOOD)

Cr. MK is once again special cancellable like it is in SF4.

Noticed they changed the Psycho Inferno input from charge to QCB + P.

Well color me surprised... Or purple.
Yeah Dictator is great. Had fun using him for a few fights. I love his V-Trigger combos.

mercureXI

Can anyone tell me what has changed with Mika so I know what to look into when I play/practice as her?
From what I gathered from 5min in training, she can no longer do her full charge HK > MP (need to use LP afterwards now, or target combo), her V-Skill has been changed so that the 2nd powerup requires longer to activate, her f+MP in the corner followed by c.HP no longer crosses up, her f+MK seems to travel less across the screen.

Maybe more, I didn't notice anything else for now.

RM_NINfan101

They got rid of butt slap. Avoid her at all costs.
Lmfao SJWs and their afflicted input on games don't affect me :p I laughed at this way too hard though because it is funny.

But did they touch her MP >F. MP into the corner mixups?

mercureXI

Lmfao SJWs and their afflicted input on games don't affect me :p I laughed at this way too hard though because it is funny.

But did they touch her MP >F. MP into the corner mixups?
You still can do the same shit, except for the crossup parts. Still pretty good options, scary options if she has meter.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Am I the only one who's hella annoyed by the time you have to spend OUTSIDE matches just to play? I spend more time outside a match just connecting and seeing the long-ass stats screens after the fight and in the menus and blah blaaah blaaaaaaah.
man i feel you -
the wait times is this game are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long- i really hope this is only with the beta ... this is something they def need to fix..

so few more notes

been playing ken-
FINALLY im an starting to win more matches..- im starting to get the hand of this system more.. still dont get a how mashers can make their way through i i feel should be frame traps but i dunno. there are times where ive just started mashing as well and it helps- i just feel a bit dead inside lol

connection vs pc is crap though..when i play someone else on ps4- its alot smoother. playing on cross platform pc - ppl jumping all around.
ken is getting me matches but he does seem hella watered down from before from watching previous beta footage. still hes goons but def seems less fun

another thing im coming not to like is that capcom cant seem to find an even medium for matchmaking
first day of this beta i went hours without finding a match or just keep getting disco'd... now its like i dont even have time to sit in training mode. match after match after match. im sitting here trying to go over buttons and i cant even make it all the way through without other match.
i iwsh there was a way for could place a timer on match making.. like 3, 5, or 10 mins until the match making starts.. that was it would actaully give ppl that wanna learn more time to learn and the ppl that want matches more matches.

mercureXI

man i feel you -
the wait times is this game are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long- i really hope this is only with the beta ... this is something they def need to fix..

so few more notes

been playing ken-
FINALLY im an starting to win more matches..- connection vs pc is crap though..wheni play someone else on ps4 its alot smoother. playing on cross platform pc ppl jumping all around.
ken is getting me matches but he does seem hella watered down from before from watching previous beta footage. still hes goons but def seems less fun

another thing im coming not to like is that capcom cant seem to find an even medium for matchmaking
first day of this beta i went hours without finding a match or just keep getting disco'd... now its like i dont even have time to sit in training mode. match after match after match. im sitting here trying to go over buttons and i cant even make it all the way through without other match.
i iwsh there was a way for could place a timer on match making.. like 3, 5, or 10 mins until the match making starts.. that was it would actaully give ppl that wanna learn more time to learn and the ppl that want matches more matches.
You'll most likely play in lobbies in February. Wait times are for people grinding Ranking for BS points and fake "prestige" :)

mercureXI

im talking about teh wait times for the inbewteen stuff..like how it sits for like 2 minutes after the player select screen or like like after a win animation how the game hangs a bit sometimes before you can move along
Oh that ? Most likely game having trouble connecting to update and upload your LP.

Keep in mind it's a beta.

And also the fact that you'll likley have a "rematch" option and your LP won't get in the way if you play in a lobby anyway.

But yeah, that "lost in limbo" moment isn't the best part of the experience :)

RM_NINfan101

There are some issues with the beta client in terms of slowdown and random freezes that unfreeze after awhile so I expect that to get fixed.

Man I'm having so much fun playing FOOTSIES. I cannot recall the last time I had this much fun playing a fighter right from the get go. Though it should be noted I had to warm up to SFV, I didn't like how easy it was at first, but that part of it is deceiving.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I went on a winning tear this morning after switching to Necalli. Character is good and fun. A lot of patience required, though. I got bopped by Viscant though lol.

I gotta get comfortable doing DPs, though. I miss plenty of them for no reason.

Also, getting through the mash on wakeup is basically doing stuff with a lot of active frames. Meaties are weird as fuck to time unless you use a move like that, honestly. During pressure, though, basically just tighten up your timing.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
On PC, anyone know what button I press to "close" the update screen? It says the game is being updated and some features will remain unavailable, and the "close" button is highlighted, but nothing I press on my hitbox or keyboard will do anything. I have no idea if it's starting the download or not. I can't even exit the game without using alt-tab, right-clicking, and choosing "close window".

[Edit] Figured it out. It was the "B" button... That said, it's not registering my Hitbox. Any idea what I need to do?

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You guys that say you're having long wait times between matches makes me question your internet speed/connectivity lol. For me the wait between matches is too fast and I don't get any practice time to try things out. Something is suspect. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.