What's new

Sektor MK1 General Discussion

kabelfritz

Master
As much as I like Cyrax, Sektor's gameplay is like butter... Might be a main. Goes well with Khameleon too. Jade extenders, Kitana float after ex missile or flamethrower and Mileena mixups with the roll and air conversions from Sai.

View attachment 22091
i feel like khameleon is her second best synergy after sektor, you just have to have very good awareness of which variant is active. you cant just push the button and everything works with everything like sub/khameleon.

Komatose

The Prettiest
i feel like khameleon is her second best synergy after sektor, you just have to have very good awareness of which variant is active. you cant just push the button and everything works with everything like sub/khameleon.
Absolutely. I'm sure some people struggle with this. Thankfully I'm pretty good at keeping up with it as well as switching my variant with holding the button down as well as the crystal shield thing that changes her automatically. But yeah. Could be confusing to most. It sure was when I first started to learn her. Had no real idea what the point of the kameo was.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion

Nobody has posted this yet so here it is. Sektor flamethrower is bugged so after you armor something, flamethrower then automatically does the 2nd on block/whiff without meter. This leaves you -9 point blank and you can combo off it with Mavado. Note it goes a way the next time you armor something.

This is hella broke and expect to see it being slammed at ect a lot this weekend

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip

I have not seen Sonic Fox lose that bad in a while.

I am aware that Havik is "living la vida loca" right now, but are people overrating Sektor?

When I play Kombat League, I really dislike this character's normal attacks, particularly the low pokes.

d+1 is -9 on block, but can be slightly less, depending on the spacing. d+3 and d+4 are both -10 on block.

I also dislike fighting against Sub Zero (the kameo, not the character). The ice armor essentially disables all of your special moves, including the frame thrower, which the game registers as a projectile.

I do like Sektor's damage output, safe armor with Motaro, and the zoning, at least in the scarce situations when the game allows you to zone with instant aerial rockets.

Having returned to Komabat League for a little while, I can already tell that the meta involves characters like Cage, Cyrax, Havik, Homelander, and Kenshi. These characters have access to oppressive offensive options, and there is not much that you can do to defend yourself.

When Sonic Fox is losing 8:2 to someone, I believe that I am permitted to arrive to the conclusion that the initial comparisons to Starfire were a humongous bill. LOL.
What exactly makes Havik so insane now? I don't follow this games meta the way I use to and every time I come to this site people are always ranting a raving about him. Last I remember, he was kinda ass. I am clearly behind on the times.

kabelfritz

Master
What exactly makes Havik so insane now? I don't follow this games meta the way I use to and every time I come to this site people are always ranting a raving about him. Last I remember, he was kinda ass. I am clearly behind on the times.
this is the sektor forum, but anyway: he has tons of low/overhead mixups now and inescapable touch of death setups for ~800 damage.