What's new

Move List Secret/Hidden Brutality List

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Well, he has the amulet blast in Impostor/Necro and an actual projectile in Boneshaper so that might be what it's referencing? Ill still try it though
Ahh i bet you're right about that. I've literally only played Shinnok like 5 times so I didn't know those were considered different moves lol.

I'm not gonna lie, when Paulo said "There's about 37 of these" I think he was talking about hidden brutalities as a whole, not hidden alternate brutalities. I think we've just about hit the end. Also, I can deny the allegations of "Mileena Xray Brutality" and "Liu Kang Xray Brutality" existing. Their xrays don't trigger anything.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Was just found that Jason also has a turn around with his back breaker and holding Down + Block.

Creds to reddit user "BigBimbi"

Also, I would like to stress that even though james says that turn arounds are "glitches", I strongly believe they are not. As I've stated previously, there are references to files about the character's victory stance flipping. And in some cases, like Kitana and Kung Lao, they've actually had to add additional things to handle fans/hats to make it work. Unless there's something more to the stance switch than I can figure out, there are 100% intentionally put in and hidden.

I've pretty much finished digging through all the files now and I think I know of 1 real alternate brutality that still needs to get found that I'll hopefully get up soon ( I want to find it ;) ). Here are some theories that I don't want to test so other people could help me out instead though:

• Kung Lao has a hidden brutality in Hat Trick that is not off a string and no one has found yet
Brutality_Kunglao_1_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_2_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_2B_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_3_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_3zhat_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_4_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_5_Check

5 = Throw
4 = Buzzsaw
3zhat = Zhat
3 = ?
2 = BF2 Up
2b = BF2 Down
1 = Spin EX

I know its not off a string because all strings are logged in the files and if they trigger a brutal, they state it. None of Kung Lao's strings trigger a brutal.

• Shinnok has a second brutality with his projectile
shinnok_brutality_5b_impact_proj_col_obj_callback_hitshinnok_brutality_5b_impact_proj_col_obj_callback_choresshinnok_brutality_5_impact_proj_col_obj_callback_hitshinnok_brutality_5_impact_proj_col_obj_callback_choresRx

The only time a brutality is ever referenced as "Xb" is when its a second variation of it. You can see that above with Kung Lao. Shinnok doesn't actually have 2 variations of the projectile as far as I know so I don't know what "5b" would be in this case.
What about KANO?

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Hat trick Kung Lao and
Shinnok
Have a good possibility of a brutality we haven't found. That's good info. I'ma do a little look into shinnok. Not extensive.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
What about KANO?
Nothing besides his 6th, "Pop Off" that everyone knows about already. Quite a few special cases for predator in his, but nothing I got from testing or from the files. He doesn't even have a "Brutality_Victory_Into_Flip", so I don't think he even has a turn around.

skater11

The saltiest
Was just found that Jason also has a turn around with his back breaker and holding Down + Block.

Also, I would like to stress that even though james says that turn arounds are "glitches", I strongly believe they are not. As I've stated previously, there are references to files about the character's victory stance flipping. And in some cases, like Kitana and Kung Lao, they've actually had to add additional things to handle fans/hats to make it work. Unless there's something more to the stance switch than I can figure out, there are 100% intentionally put in and hidden.

I've pretty much finished digging through all the files now and I think I know of 1 real alternate brutality that still needs to get found that I'll hopefully get up soon ( I want to find it ;) ). Here are some theories that I don't want to test so other people could help me out instead though:

• Kung Lao has a hidden brutality in Hat Trick that is not off a string and no one has found yet
Brutality_Kunglao_1_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_2_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_2B_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_3_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_3zhat_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_4_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_5_Check

5 = Throw
4 = Buzzsaw
3zhat = Zhat
3 = ?
2 = BF2 Up
2b = BF2 Down
1 = Spin EX

I know its not off a string because all strings are logged in the files and if they trigger a brutal, they state it. None of Kung Lao's strings trigger a brutal.

shinnok_brutality_5b_impact_proj_col_obj_callback_hitshinnok_brutality_5b_impact_proj_col_obj_callback_choresshinnok_brutality_5_impact_proj_col_obj_callback_hitshinnok_brutality_5_impact_proj_col_obj_callback_choresRx

The only time a brutality is ever referenced as "Xb" is when its a second variation of it. You can see that above with Kung Lao. Shinnok doesn't actually have 2 variations of the projectile as far as I know so I don't know what "5b" would be in this case.
Can you get me Sonya's files for me please? Huge favor

I just turned on MKX for the first time in a long time for shyts & giggles & discovered a hidden backbreaker burtality for Jason in the Relentless variation...

I'm not sure how to do it or upload a video. But if anyone wants to see the video I uploaded what it looks like on xbox add me: PurelyUnique928

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Can you get me Sonya's files for me please? Huge favor
Sonya's is interesting, I think there may be a second brutality with her Xray.

Brutality_Sonya_1_CheckBrutality_Sonya_2_CheckBrutality_Sonya_3_CheckBrutality_Sonya_4_CheckBrutality_Sonya_4_Stolen_CheckBrutality_Sonya_5_CheckBrutality_Sonya_6_Check

Brutality 1 = Covert Ops
Brutality 2 = Demolition
Brutality 3 = Kamikaze
Brutality 4 = Leg Grab (thats why theres a stolen version for shinnok)
Brutality 5 = F3
Brutality 6 = Xray

Brutality_4RxBrutality_Victimleg_obj_callback_groundAutoRun_CutJC_Head_Bash3Brutality_4_Sonya_TrickyKickRxBrutality_Victim2SndSonya_Brutality_6RxBrutality_6_Sonya_Xray
- Dunno what this is all for. I think just Xray + BF4 handlers, but the "2Snd" really makes me question it.

She has: Brutality_Victory_Into_Flip which means she much more than likely has a "turn around" brutality. Perhaps with her Xray? Besides Mileena, all turn arounds have Down + Block, so I'd test that.

JC_Head_Bash2LegGrabBrutality_4RxBrutality_Victimleg_obj_callback_groundAutoRun_CutJC_Head_Bash3Brutality_4_Sonya_TrickyKickRx
- Something special with JC (Johnny Cage)? This is found normally around the area where stuff like Erron Black's crow + Reptile's sack brutal were found.

Specialmove_Square_Kick_EXSpecialmove_KrazyLegs_MissFGCharacterObj_SetAttackerTakesControlOverReactorOnHitflip_grab_whooshFGCharacterObj_CheckForBrutalityAndStartHideAttachedWeaponsDamageMeSaveTheWorld1IncrementMyComboHitCountSpecialmove_KrazyLegs_Hit_MBSpecialmove_KrazyLegs_Hit_MB_Victimhit_grabDamageHimPlayImpactEffect_FGCharacterObj
- Dunno, maybe you'll get something out of this but I think its just a handler for her BF4.

I could give you the full text block if you'd want, but those are the interesting aspects of it. Put into spoiler tag to not waste so much space.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Guys, I'm pretty sure Mileena can stand on the opponents heart after Piercing B212+4...

It is right under her feet, it almost too perfect.

Can anyone give a list of generic inputs that have been working for others so far?

skater11

The saltiest
Sonya's is interesting, I think there may be a second brutality with her Xray.

Brutality_Sonya_1_CheckBrutality_Sonya_2_CheckBrutality_Sonya_3_CheckBrutality_Sonya_4_CheckBrutality_Sonya_4_Stolen_CheckBrutality_Sonya_5_CheckBrutality_Sonya_6_Check

Brutality 1 = Covert Ops
Brutality 2 = Demolition
Brutality 3 = Kamikaze
Brutality 4 = Leg Grab (thats why theres a stolen version for shinnok)
Brutality 5 = F3
Brutality 6 = Xray

Brutality_4RxBrutality_Victimleg_obj_callback_groundAutoRun_CutJC_Head_Bash3Brutality_4_Sonya_TrickyKickRxBrutality_Victim2SndSonya_Brutality_6RxBrutality_6_Sonya_Xray
- Dunno what this is all for. I think just Xray + BF4 handlers, but the "2Snd" really makes me question it.

She has: Brutality_Victory_Into_Flip which means she much more than likely has a "turn around" brutality. Perhaps with her Xray? Besides Mileena, all turn arounds have Down + Block, so I'd test that.

JC_Head_Bash2LegGrabBrutality_4RxBrutality_Victimleg_obj_callback_groundAutoRun_CutJC_Head_Bash3Brutality_4_Sonya_TrickyKickRx
- Something special with JC (Johnny Cage)? This is found normally around the area where stuff like Erron Black's crow + Reptile's sack brutal were found.

Specialmove_Square_Kick_EXSpecialmove_KrazyLegs_MissFGCharacterObj_SetAttackerTakesControlOverReactorOnHitflip_grab_whooshFGCharacterObj_CheckForBrutalityAndStartHideAttachedWeaponsDamageMeSaveTheWorld1IncrementMyComboHitCountSpecialmove_KrazyLegs_Hit_MBSpecialmove_KrazyLegs_Hit_MB_Victimhit_grabDamageHimPlayImpactEffect_FGCharacterObj
- Dunno, maybe you'll get something out of this but I think its just a handler for her BF4.

I could give you the full text block if you'd want, but those are the interesting aspects of it. Put into spoiler tag to not waste so much space.
I'd like to see the full text block. Thanks for the fast response. either PM or here, it don't matter.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Guys, I'm pretty sure Mileena can stand on the opponents heart after Piercing B212+4...

It is right under her feet, it almost too perfect.

Can anyone give a list of generic inputs that have been working for others so far?
Here is a list of all the inputs that currently have worked (ignore the last one): http://pastebin.com/U8hyrgZd
Here is a list of all the theoretical inputs that it could be: http://pastebin.com/wbQJYqC3

Easiest way to test is take 2 controllers, go to kustom kombat, add brutality kombat modifier, do the brutality and hold one of the combinations. Continue doing that until you're through the entire list.

And Envy, I'll PM it to you, np.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Nothing besides his 6th, "Pop Off" that everyone knows about already. Quite a few special cases for predator in his, but nothing I got from testing or from the files. He doesn't even have a "Brutality_Victory_Into_Flip", so I don't think he even has a turn around.

Kano: Getting the shaft since 2011

He has so many brutality possibilities too.

Cybernetic:
  • 1+3 laser restand brutality. He burns a gaping hole through them. Then there can be an alternate to the brutality when he uses his eye laser to cut the opponent down the middle. One half of the opponent falls off, Kano is still holding on to the other half, he then just discards the other half.
  • 2+4 Grenade brutality: Kano drives the grenade into the opponent's chest, rips the opponent's heart out with the grenade in it's place. Kano does his classic victory pose holding the heart up, as the opponent's upper body explodes.
  • Up Laser Extended Brutality: Kano blows up the other half of the body during his win pose.
Commando:
  • Low Parry Brutality: Kano plunges his knife into the opponent's chest, and leaves it there as he does his win pose. For an extended Brutality, he throws his other knife at the opponent's head during his win pose.
  • High Parry Brutality: Just clotheslines the opponent's head clean off
  • EX Choke Brutality: Instead of the last hit knocking the opponent off his knife, he tears out his opponent's heart.
Cutthroat:
  • Honestly, I got nothing for this variation. Maybe something off his b121 or f212?
Universal:
  • Extended Brutality animation off of ANY brutality he does: He spits on the opponent and calls them "Bitch".

5 = Throw
4 = Buzzsaw
3zhat = Zhat
3 = ?
2 = BF2 Up
2b = BF2 Down
1 = Spin EX

Hey I did some testing with Kung Lao and didnt find anything so far.I have to ask why do you say it in Hat Trick and how do you get those numbers 1,2,3,4,5 for the each brutality.im just curious because if is 2: Hat toss brutality then why is 5: throw.Im just seeing if there a system i could work off to help me figure this out.but i also dont think he has hidden brutality because i think code your looking is for what happens if someone reflect his hat back which could cause a brutality on himself just a theory.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

Is it possible that when you get a back turn brutality, that it's actually a glitch or a clue that you messed something up in an attempt to do the 2nd phase of a 2 phase brutality? Like you almost had it but you only pressed 2 out of 3 of the required buttons?

I don't know it just seems so... weird(?) and unintentional.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Is it possible that when you get a back turn brutality, that it's actually a glitch or a clue that you messed something up in an attempt to do the 2nd phase of a 2 phase brutality? Like you almost had it but you only pressed 2 out of 3 of the required buttons?

I had a similar train of thought.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Silly question, but remember before you flame me that I just bought my PS4 in November...

So do you have to unlock a brutality through the krypt in order to be able to use it? I can't get Quan Warlock Blood Shower, or Skull brutalitys to work at all.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Off topic but what would happen if kenshi reflects hat call by hat trick? Will it brutality Lao instead?

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Hey I did some testing with Kung Lao and didnt find anything so far.I have to ask why do you say it in Hat Trick and how do you get those numbers 1,2,3,4,5 for the each brutality.im just curious because if is 2: Hat toss brutality then why is 5: throw.Im just seeing if there a system i could work off to help me figure this out.but i also dont think he has hidden brutality because i think code your looking is for what happens if someone reflect his hat back which could cause a brutality on himself just a theory.
It very well could be outside of hat trick, but generally the 3rd brutality in every single file I've checked is always the left variation's brutality. In the files you can also deduce that 5 is the throw brutality: Brutality_5_KungLao_Throw_BeatdownRx. Which means its one of the variation specific ones. Another example is Kano's, where he has a second Commando brutality he has 2 3's listed when normally he wouldn't. The other thing is that there is already "3zhat", so a second 3 should probably be on the second variation.

But with all that said, this is NRS, so I'm not 100% on it being in Hat Trick, thats just my theory. Thanks for testing it so far btw.

I want this to be the case so bad, and when I found Mileena's back turn I really thought it was. In case you haven't seen Mileena's, her back turn is off the pedigree and it will actually cancel her end pose animation to do the back turn right next to the opponent rather than rolling full screen, there's also an option so that you just cancel the back turn and stay close to them as well. I think if thats the case you're supposed to do the backturn and then do another input but so far nothing supports that. I don't think I'd consider it a glitch or clue since it is 100% intentional and only some characters have them, but I do hope there may be something more to it. I've tested Quan Chi's Kurb Stomp one with all inputs after the turn around and he still does nothing, and every turn around brutality I've tested the full 35 inputs to make sure, still nothing.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I want this to be the case so bad, and when I found Mileena's back turn I really thought it was. In case you haven't seen Mileena's, her back turn is off the pedigree and it will actually cancel her end pose animation to do the back turn right next to the opponent rather than rolling full screen, there's also an option so that you just cancel the back turn and stay close to them as well. I think if thats the case you're supposed to do the backturn and then do another input but so far nothing supports that. I don't think I'd consider it a glitch or clue since it is 100% intentional and only some characters have them, but I do hope there may be something more to it. I've tested Quan Chi's Kurb Stomp one with all inputs after the turn around and he still does nothing, and every turn around brutality I've tested the full 35 inputs to make sure, still nothing.
Ahh, I see. Well thanks for looking into all this stuff. I noticed the Jason back turn looks really glitchy, like there is no real animation before he turns around. That's another reason why I think it's unintentional. You never know with NRS. They could be adding stuff later or they might have taken stuff out because it was freezing the game... tons of possibilities. Maybe the inputs can get more complex? I said they wouldn't make it easy on us this time like it was for toasty boosts. They probably want some secrets to last for years. They really take pride in that sort of thing.

Can't put my hands on the pc version or read the ps4 disc, but in MK9 all (or most of the) character informations were compressed and coded in .xxx files.
If you extract any char.xxx file you'll find a CHAR_name.MKStringBlock with all moves inputs:

Aqua-Port [Down][Up][+][BLOCK] Power Kick [Down][Away][BK][+][BLOCK] Thermal Spring [Down][Away][FK][+][BLOCK] Hydro Bubble [Down][Towards][FK][+][BLOCK] Thunder Storm [Down][Away][BP][+][BLOCK] Aqua Blast [Away][Towards][FP][+][BLOCK] H2O Buff [Towards][Down][Away][FP][+][BLOCK] TAG SPECIALS Tag Out [TAG] Tag Attack [Down][,][Towards][+][TAG] Tag Assist [Down][,][Away][+][TAG] X-RAY ATTACK (Uses three bars of super.) Rain Check [L2][+][BLOCK] FINISHING MOVES Bubble Burst [Away][Towards][Down][Away][BLOCK] Jump Does It Sting [Up][Down][Away][Towards][BP] Stage Fatality [Towards][Down][Towards][BK] Varies Babality [Away][Down][Towards][FP]

The Celebrity could you check?