What's new

Move List Secret/Hidden Brutality List

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
So from the gist of what I get from this thread, to make the character back face the camera, just hold down + block + stance switch during the brutality animation?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I always felt like there should be one off jacqui's f2u22+4 or b12. but i haven't found anything. also ex df2 in high tech

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Can someone explain the Mileena Secret one to me? It was well explained. lol
you input ddd2 after u input the full low pounce chain.
the other things listed in op like turning her back to camera or stopping the roll back animation she does after the splat i dont think are in the same vein as the other brutalities variants like errons/reptiles/tremors so there may be still something to find with her

I was thinking that after the controversy of Sonicfox* and several other pro players keeping their post brutality animation to themselves (which I do not blame them for, their discovery = their secret to share or keep) maybe we should list all the brutalities that the game doesn't announce to you in the move list. This will include stage brutalities and post brutality animations. I will try to update the thread and make it look nicer when I'm not on mobile.

*= Not trying to flame Sonic, and I realize other players have done the same brutality animation. I don't mean to give credit as if he's the first - I don't know who was first.

I'm listing how I've done the inputs which may have buttons that are unnecessary but Im away from my console at the moment so I can't test and see precisely the inputs.

I will wait for comments explaining the input and prerequisite for ones I don't know how to perform.

The brutalities so far would be..

(I believe most stage brutalities require 2 interactions in the match.)

Stage brutalities:

Dead Woods

Log through chest
(Hold towards opponent (jump distance I believe) and press stage interaction)

The Kove
Knocking into the ocean
(Stance change held during final uppercut)

Corpse thrown explosion
(Towards the opponent)

Kuatan Jungle
Pillar crush
(Hold down and stage interact)

Outworld Marketplace
Blanch explosion
(Hold towards opponent then stage interact)

Blanch beatdown
(Hold down during stage interaction)

Quan Chi's Fortress
Shao Kahns Warhammer
( stage interaction for final hit)

Lin Kuei Temple
Flame
(Hold towards opponent and stage interact)

Characters:

Characters with reflecting moves can brutality by reflecting projectiles from:
Sub?, Cassie, Kung Jin, Kotal Kahn, Reptile

Cassie Cage:

American way

Erron Black:
X ray brutality

Post animation throw brutality:
Shoots crow eating corpse
(Hold down, 3, stance change, and block)
Revealed to the community by @zaf
Hints paraphrased from SonicFox5000: It's an input. It's after the brutality.

Jacqui Briggs:
X ray brutality
(Hold down and kill with first 2 hits of x ray)

Jax:
Turn your back post gotcha grab brutality
(Hold down, 1, block, and stance change)

Kotal Kahn:
Hara kiri
(Sacrifice the last of your life)
Turn your back on command grab brutal:
(Hold down and block during brutality)

Kung Lao
Throw brutality - back to camera
(Hold down and block)

Mileena:
Arm snap and head crush

Pedigree cancel rollback
(Hold down and block)

Pedigree turn back to camera + cancel rollback
(Hold down, stance change, and block)

Pedigree turn back to ca
Predator:
Brutality that hangs a skeletal remain instead of a muscle one (may be vise versa)
(As body is off screen hold stance change and block)

Quan ChI
Turn your back post brutality ((ex teleport brutality) hold down, block, and stance change)

Reptile:
Acid spit brutality - floating head
(Hold up upon final spit (requires 25% damage from spit during match)
Make floating head pop - blood bubble
(Hold up + 3 + block)
Thanks to @Israel and @Fayaz

Shinnok (imposter)
Steals Jax, Sonya, Sub Zero, Mileena, Kung jin, Ermac D'vorah and Goro?s brutalities

Sonya:
X ray brutality
(50% health and hold down)

Tremor:
I don't have access to my console atm so forgive me and notify me if I list one listed in the move list

Bf2
(rock throw during flight hold stance change and block)
Rolling Stone (any variation)
(Requires 3 in match. Ex has different animation)
Burning overhead rocks (metallic)
Overhead rock (f2)
(Requires 5 f2 in match)
B322 string (hold 1)
Throw
(Hold down)

I realize there are more brutalities so if you'd like to comment the brutality whether you know how to do it or you've simply seen it - please do. I will attempt inputs and prerequisites before adding them to this first post. Thanks for any/all input. Please do not attack or complain of people not sharing how to do these things - it's their choice love them or hate them for it.
Very nice!

skater11

The saltiest
Sonya must have a secret one either on f3 or leg grab brutal, heck maybe both. Someone else help me, whats the best way to find secret brutals? does it require 2 controllers?

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Can't someone with the PC version just see who has secret brutalities? Busting my ass off testing different inputs and everything, and I can't find a damn thing for Kano. Not even any post animation stuff for his current brutalities.

Israel

Noob
You know whats funny about this whole thing, is that now that its known, brutality wise, like world wide.....NRS is sitting somewhere like, 'Hey boon..have u checked whats been happening lately? Like eventhubs? They finally just caught on to this. Boon -'Yea i saw, these guys are too slow. Little do they know what else is hidden. Now we're going to put more in. they better catch up. or by the time they figure all this out, we'll already be on MKXI.'

Last edited:

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
This is gonna sound like I know something but I swear to god I dont. I literally had a dream about Tremor having a 2nd x ray brutality. :confused: this is more a really strange coincidence over something to search for. Because the two other finders of the hidden Brutalities inputs said (most likely just being funny) that they dreamt about it.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I am convinced Johnny has a secret variation to 214 look how close the opponent head is to the camera!!!

There has to be a way to get the head to hit the camera
THERE HAS TO BE!!!!

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
It is one of his variation less brutalities so it'd make alot of sense.

Rolling_Toaster

Praise be to Lord Brady
Damn. Cryomancer could have so many brutals. f122, db2, air hammer. GM could have his clone throw as a brutal like Tremor's crystal throw.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Was just found that Jason also has a turn around with his back breaker and holding Down + Block.

Creds to reddit user "BigBimbi"

Also, I would like to stress that even though james says that turn arounds are "glitches", I strongly believe they are not. As I've stated previously, there are references to files about the character's victory stance flipping. And in some cases, like Kitana and Kung Lao, they've actually had to add additional things to handle fans/hats to make it work. Unless there's something more to the stance switch than I can figure out, there are 100% intentionally put in and hidden.

I've pretty much finished digging through all the files now and I think I know of 1 real alternate brutality that still needs to get found that I'll hopefully get up soon ( I want to find it ;) ). Here are some theories that I don't want to test so other people could help me out instead though:

• Kung Lao has a hidden brutality in Hat Trick that is not off a string and no one has found yet
Brutality_Kunglao_1_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_2_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_2B_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_3_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_3zhat_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_4_CheckBrutality_Kunglao_5_Check

5 = Throw
4 = Buzzsaw
3zhat = Zhat
3 = ?
2 = BF2 Up
2b = BF2 Down
1 = Spin EX

I know its not off a string because all strings are logged in the files and if they trigger a brutal, they state it. None of Kung Lao's strings trigger a brutal.

• Shinnok has a second brutality with his projectile
shinnok_brutality_5b_impact_proj_col_obj_callback_hitshinnok_brutality_5b_impact_proj_col_obj_callback_choresshinnok_brutality_5_impact_proj_col_obj_callback_hitshinnok_brutality_5_impact_proj_col_obj_callback_choresRx

The only time a brutality is ever referenced as "Xb" is when its a second variation of it. You can see that above with Kung Lao. Shinnok doesn't actually have 2 variations of the projectile as far as I know so I don't know what "5b" would be in this case.

Last edited: