What's new

Season of Time - Announcement

Comments

You guys do know the people who do the Kombat League aren't like the people making DLC or making balance changes or even updating the company twitter?

You guys do know the people who do the Kombat League aren't like the people making DLC or making balance changes or even updating the company twitter?
Yeah, we know that because the Kombat League skins were done ages ago.
Balance changes? Where are those employees. Seriously. I want to know. Did they all quit? Get laid off? What happened?
How about the people who even CAN fix hitboxes? Any of them left?

Balance changes? Where are those employees. Seriously. I want to know. Did they all quit? Get laid off? What happened?
They're probably busy working on those DLC characters everybody wants so badly.

That bs crunch scandal did not do this game any justice either.

D
KL is the kind of ranked matchmaking people have wanted in NRS games for years. And now everyone is mad that they're giving you more of it? I don't... I don't understand. Why would you ever prefer their standard ranked system or want a break from the skill-based one?
In theory it absolutely was, but there are way too many issues surrounding it like ping at 149 so you can't deny then in match its over 200.

KL is the kind of ranked matchmaking people have wanted in NRS games for years. And now everyone is mad that they're giving you more of it? I don't... I don't understand. Why would you ever prefer their standard ranked system or want a break from the skill-based one?
ALMOST what we wanted. The design behind it IS what the people want, but it wasn't executed properly.

Its awesome we have wifi/wired indicators what most fighting games dont have BUT what good is that if you cant even decline wifi warriors?

Its awesome we finally get points for each win, BUT what good does that do when you have rage quitters left and right that not only dont get punished for pulling the plug, but you dont get those points you DESERVED either.

Its awesome we finally have rankings and incentives like prizes to reach to the top BUT what good is that if your points plummet after 48 hours of inactivity? People have lives outside of MK11 too so thats very discouraging to get back into the mix.

See what I mean? MK11 has a good online structure, but they just need to tweek a lot of things to make it the best ranking system because it does have potential.

I just want my character to function properly against the entire cast so that I can enjoy KL to the fullest. As is, it feels less like skill and more like luck whether or not I'll be facing 5 small hitbox characters in a row that completely invalidate the bulk of my toolkit.

I'm cool with it, short seasons that happen often is better to me. That way if you care about the rewards you can get them soon, and if you don't care and/or don't feel like participating you can just skip one or a few seasons. Remember, kombat league points don't pay your rent and don't make you cool, so just play the video game when you're in the mood to. If KL doesn't gel with you just play people from here or friends or kasual modes. I do all of that and am having fun with the game, while I also played KL for a few days. I wanted that jade staff.

its ranked, people would play it regardless, skins/items are just a fun bonus and a thing to strive for.

If you aren't the kinda person who wants to play ranked, then don't.
I don't care what day they release it just change a few things like:
  • Ability to filter WiFi
  • make 100ms the new cutoff
  • no repeat skins foe same characters
  • allow FT3 and FT5 with FT2 option.
  • remove decay until at God Tier
  • address plug pulling and add a time ban for disconnect 5m to 2h depending on frequency.

nah we all LOVE the idea of KL we love what they tried to do. problem is in true NRS fashion they fucked it up bad. its like being starving and someone giving you a baked pile of shit, youre like yea i wanted food and was begging for it but not this shit. people are upset that they havent fixed or announced a fix for any of the major problems but are saying "hey here's more of that broken shit you just had"