What's new

Season of Time - Announcement

Comments

I remember them saying the off season would be a week or two before the next KL starts but they started this immediately. Probably because they wanted us to have some kind of content since they wont release any DLC until after EVO. But they need to take some time in between to work the kinks of this mode because once again, great idea but bad execution.

I think @MrArcher15 is the only one who understands why the KL matchmaking is busted at the moment. Until it is fixed the ranks aren't really authentic because of the matchmaking in effect.
I’m like 25/20, yesterday I played burrito vorhees,od Alcatraz, saltface, yet people will be in the same rank as me by the end by only playing people of not even half the caliber haha. We shouldn’t be pulling teeth this early on man

I think @MrArcher15 is the only one who understands why the KL matchmaking is busted at the moment. Until it is fixed the ranks aren't really authentic because of the matchmaking in effect.
It's crazy to me that within my first few matches this season I had to get paired up with 3 different Elder Rank players when I see my roommate playing against someone who literally just uppercutted with Jade.

If you are within top 300 in the normal ranked (without KL), it will literally never pair you up with anyone who didn't place at least God last season even in the early matches. It's bizarre.

It's crazy to me that within my first few matches this season I had to get paired up with 3 different Elder Rank players when I see my roommate playing against someone who literally just uppercutted with Jade.

If you are within top 300 in the normal ranked (without KL), it will literally never pair you up with anyone who didn't place at least God last season even in the early matches. It's bizarre.
its ridiculous, I’m losing my desire to play cuz just getting to demi god is so stressful and last season I was a god. How the fuck am I gonna get there again lmao I’d have to play for hours on end and hardly lose. OH and lord forbid they match me with a pro level player who’s a rank below me for some reason, goodbye points. But yo if I win? Congrats 10 points bro lmao

its ridiculous, I’m losing my desire to play cuz just getting to demi god is so stressful and last season I was a god. How the fuck am I gonna get there again lmao I’d have to play for hours on end and hardly lose. OH and lord forbid they match me with a pro level player who’s a rank below me for some reason, goodbye points. But yo if I win? Congrats 10 points bro lmao
The absolute biggest slap on the face is when I'm at Master rank already, and it pairs me with a previous top-50 player that only has 2/0 record because we are the same 'skill rank'.

In this situation, if he wins he gets 150 points and if he loses he loses nothing, if I lose I lose about 100 and when I win I get 5 or 10 points.

His advantage was literally just that he started to play ranked later than I did.

This.... this right here is the MOST frustrating part of the whole experience and it happens VERY OFTEN.

The absolute biggest slap on the face is when I'm at Master rank already, and it pairs me with a previous top-50 player that only has 2/0 record because we are the same 'skill rank'.

In this situation, if he wins he gets 150 points and if he loses he loses nothing, if I lose I lose about 100 and when I win I literally get 5 or 10 points.

His advantage was literally just that he started to play ranked later than I did.

This.... this right here is the MOST frustrating part of the whole experience and it happens VERY OFTEN.
Yup, they need to take their time next season, I may not do the next ones unless there are skins I want if it stays like this.

I’m like 25/20, yesterday I played burrito vorhees,od Alcatraz, saltface, yet people will be in the same rank as me by the end by only playing people of not even half the caliber haha. We shouldn’t be pulling teeth this early on man

Yup it's definitely busted. Don't get me wrong I love the diverse competition you randomly get paired against, but I wish the ranks were based in a system that made them authentic.

I think the games skill score is what does it. Even when I "randomly" get matched with a lower rank it's a highly skilled 16/2 guy or it's BeyondToxin LOL. Yet one of my friends is one rank higher and is a kind of a below average player in the game, and got there in LESS games played. He gets KL matches and ranks up against guys who make a living on KB uppercut into another uppercut lol.

It's kinda funny typing it out lol. I get it for the regular rank system, but the Kombat League needs a different system asap.

Also @NRF CharlieMurphy for clarity.

I love MK but I don't know how much longer I can play this game until online matchmaking is overhauled. I have a total of about 2-3 hours play time in the past week. Last night I decided to play some Kombat League and went 1-5 then turned the game off. Of the 6 matches only 1 had a wired connection. Out of those 5 losses I quit 3 of them in the first round because it was unplayable, with 2 legitimate losses. I kid you not multiple times I get matched up against WiFi players with '149 ping'. I think NRS is artificially lowering the ping so we are forced to play with these trash connections. Not once was the ping under 200 with fluctuations to 900. Its gotten to the point where online isn't fun anymore.
I’ve gotten a lot of 149 pings too... here’s how the last one turned out:

I’ve gotten a lot of 149 pings too... here’s how the last one turned out:
I love how it lags conveniently when you are mid combo. Can't tell you how many combos I've dropped because this 'mysteriously' happens. Played any high ping WiFi Kung Laos? The teleport is almost impossible to punish. Have to d2 or d1 immediately or you get hit with it everytime. God forbid he amp delays it because you get punished.

I love how it lags conveniently when you are mid combo. Can't tell you how many combos I've dropped because this 'mysteriously' happens. Played any high ping WiFi Kung Laos? The teleport is almost impossible to punish. Have to d2 or d1 immediately or you get hit with it everytime. God forbid he amp delays it because you get punished.
Just a quick anti-kung lao protip, mash d1. He can't stop you, he can't save himself.