What's new

Season of Time - Announcement

Comments

Another Erron skin...

oh for fuck's sake.

Season of TIME and they don't give skins for:
Geras, Cetrion, Frost, & Shao Kahn (aka kronika's minions)

smh.

At least season of BLOOD had a skarlet skin... ya know, the BLOOD mage. lol
yeah, such a joke and funny contradiction ... seems crazy indeed ! hehe :p

Everyone tripping about scorpion. Must be a thing for people who don’t use him (he’s my main) all I run into are awful WiFi jades and liu Kangs and a ton of Kano and Sonya

I’ve fought like two mirror matches lol

I mean, its fine to fight a horde of scorpions, subs, and erron.
and then there is the case of plug pullers.
I honestly don't see much of a difference between Ranked Battles and KL battles, outside of fighting to get some shaders

Was really thinking they would take a seat back, rethink the model and do something about it, but it seems they will just roll with it once more, oh well, i barely played KL S1 definitely will be dificult to touch this one once again under the same conditions though.
Just to chime in as someone who plays ranked at a more.. higher level I guess (Two elder god accs end of s1.)

The main reason I'm waiting for this is because of how it will bring the higher competition back. When the season ended, a lot of people started playing ranked again at a more relaxed pace but it some what came at a price. As someone who plays the game more seriously and higher level it was fun to play top Elder Gods, Gods and at times Demis. Basically most games were a sweat fest and win or lose you learned something important that you need to adapt to ASAP. In regular ranked (at least now, I don't even remember if it had a proper MM system back then.) it's just painful because you can be getting people who have played about 30 ranked games total and barely have fundamentals. Now this might seem like a fun "ez" win to pad your record, but in reality it must be discouraging for these people to just get completely bodied online due to the current MM system.

Basically this KL system although controversial due to how "unforgiving" it is, really works for those who enjoy a competitive setting without the need for a tournament. The cosmetics for reaching elder are barely worth it anyways. The Kombat Kard is way too basic and hard to identify it's even Elder to the common eye and the gear (Kabal's Hookswords) are barely re-skins. Waiting to see if the gear coming up now will be any better.

Apparently Erron Black is gonna be the Chun Li of SFV. Basically getting ALL THE FUCKING SKINS every time. Welp. Be prepared for the fuckery.
They have to cater to the casual audience. They probably saw the success in baiting people to play all the way until demi just for the erron skin and now people might go "hey that wasn't too bad" and are trying it again. Can't say I blame them.

umm you can basically fail to demi god. Easily. Out of game attrition.

This system is the OPPOSITE of unforgiving.
Yeah and I agree 100%, but tell that to the plethora of casuals on social media throwing huge fits about how -100 / +20 is unreal and how the decay system is too much to handle with. I've seen people with more losses than wins and were at Demi and or God at the end of the season. In my opinion getting the ranks should be harder this time around (Similar to how it was originally until they knocked off 500pts to get from Master to Grand Master out of nowhere.) but that's easy to say from someone who's more advanced and not considering the casuals who are already dropping this game because they realized their AI noob carried them all the way through and now they actually have to play the game and have no one to blame but themselves.

These skins were already done, guys. It was leaked before even the first Kombat League started, IIRC.

They really went this hard on Erron Black apropos nothing. I can't stand that Howdy Doody fuck, but I'm sure his fans are happy about it.

(Just to be clear, it's not his move set or tier position. I just think a cowboy in MK is stupid.)