What's new

Señor Dave's Zoning Report Card

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That's not what a vortex is JFC, it's even if you guess right you get put back in a situation where the attacker is back at advantage IE Super Cammy/Akuma, MVC2 Magneto, ST Claw
Yes it is. You have to guess which option they're going to do, and then block/counter accordingly. Them being at advantage even if you guess right doesn't change anything about what I said, lol.

Regardless, the semantics of the word aren't that important honestly.

haketh

Noob
Sounds like just a really good vortex to me. What's "JFC"?
No, it's what a vortex is. Problem is people that are new to FGs have very little idea of concepts & terms that have been around long before them, it's also really showing wiht how mad people here are getting about 50/50s & treating it like a dirty word when that's simply what fighting games have always been like. Yeah theirs a problem with zoning outside of Quan. Kano, & Jacqui but the mixup in this game is fine. It's nothing out of the ordinary for FGs.

Yes it is. You have to guess which option they're going to do, and then block/counter accordingly. Them being at advantage even if you guess right doesn't change anything about what I said, lol.
No it isn't, that's simply just a mixup. If this was a vortex then anyone has one pretty much Christ.

Just for clarification I'm assuming
Ye

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No, it's what a vortex is. Problem is people that are new to FGs have very little idea of concepts & terms that have been around long before them, it's also really showing wiht how mad people here are getting about 50/50s & treating it like a dirty word when that's simply what fighting games have always been like. Yeah theirs a problem with zoning outside of Quan. Kano, & Jacqui but the mixup in this game is fine. It's nothing out of the ordinary for FGs.

No it isn't, that's simply just a mixup. If this was a vortex then anyone has one pretty much Christ.

Ye
I like my definition better, I'll stick with it :p

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Well, it's not just a mixup, a loop of mixups is what we are talking about. Maybe it's not what people used to call "vortex" back then either, but now I don't see vortex being defined as mixup loop with tools that are plus on block or being covered with setup to continue pressure or something else that would cause attacker to be at advantage still if you block one iteration.

Your definition of vortex is just something that uncle Ockham would have a filed day with, otherwise I don't have an issue with different communities having different terminology.

As for how FGs have always been... Well, so far MKX is just much more of a most straightforward 50/50 town than most FGs I follow. KI has them, but you must fail several time in a row at defending against them to take heavy damage, in SF they aren't currently as strong and omnipresent etc.
That's matter of taste though I suppose.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Kung Jin A+ Nerf him plz Kappa

For real, KJ Ancestral probably C-...if his full screen air arrow was overhead it'd be different.
Yeah but the fact he can drain meter is pretty awesome and shuts down some people from getting in automatically if they want to armour their way in.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
. I dnt count metered vortexes as true ones because they dnt continue forever but they are a category of a vortex so they make the list. I was talking about who can loop u no meter and do it forever unless u guess right.
There is a difference between a vortex that uses resources and a meterless vortex. Yes, Quan, Raiden and D'Vorah have meterless vortexes. And then there are a gang of other characters that have vortexes that require meter or some sort of resource. I don't think any of us has the authority to re-define what classifies as a vortex or not after God knows how many years we've been calling them that. Whether they are meterless or not.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i like how takeda isn't even considered a zoner yet he's the slowest character in the game smh.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I said it before and I'll say it again.

Nothing like doing BF3 in possessed or Balanced variations and having the opponent run right through it like nothing happened.

It's frustrating to play against people with any knowledge of the game because you're pretty much screwed on wake up against Kung Jins or Cassie's.

I just need to level up I guess.

There is a difference between a vortex that uses resources and a meterless vortex. Yes, Quan, Raiden and D'Vorah have meterless vortexes. And then there are a gang of other characters that have vortexes that require meter or some sort of resource. I don't think any of us has the authority to re-define what classifies as a vortex or not after God knows how many years we've been calling them that. Whether they are meterless or not.
I am not redefining anything lol, I am saying no one else is going to keep looping u meterless besides 3 characters and they are all unsafe (meter needed for quan to be safe). Everything else does not continually loop and that is what I am saying, should be clear but I guess not lol.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Blood God is an absolute bill. Why you would choose that over War god or sun God even...you have to be super masochistic.
I think its a solid variation. I main blood god and its just as good as sun god. maybe a little worse just because of his wake ups but its by no means a bill. Big or bigger damage or takes less damage depending on the totem u use. By no means a bill. Its a solid variation For this character