What's new

Scorpion Sucks, Scorpion Rules - Lets Complain Here

Should NRS buff Scorpion, even a little bit???

• Total voters
All I'd like, is the whiffed spear on juggle to not take a century to recover from, and maybe a regular armored, safe wake-up. It's so damn frustrating to do a nice juggle, only to miss your spear and be uber punished and lose the match. Likewise with wake-ups, being thrown from a wake-up takedown is just retarded.

On a side note, I learned a ton about scorp from the slips video at the start of this thread. I was totally using him wrong before, keeping people away from wake-up attacks by using the safe jump into a 50/50 is what it's all about.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Honestly so many of you don't understand what suck means, that I guess I should add the context that pertains to Scorpion to the first post.
He sucks because you can't use him in tournaments, he sucks because he can't really do wake up attacks, and actually gets checked and punished in accordance if trying. I was promised a tournament game, and I got an excellent tournament game where I can't use the character I want.
He sucks because he puts himself at much greater risk than similar characters, and doesn't really get return for his risk in comparison to those similar, top tier characters.

Coming into this conversation, I already play similar to Slips. Although as far as skill and consistency goes, I'd be more likely at Scoot Mcgee's level (almost the same thing, but Slips is likes the Bees Knees, while I'm like the Bees Ankles).

I don't ask for buffs lightly, I only think Sheeva, Striker, Scorpion, and probably Baraka need buffs. Certainly not even that many, the buffs I outlined here would fix Scorpion.
I could also see a wakeup buff for Quan Chi, and I don't see why Sindel can't combo specials off of 4.

I don't think of nerfs lightly either, right now, from my point of view, the only nerfs I want are for Cyrax unavoidable resets (and all unavoidable resets, at least you can avoid Scorpion and Sub Zeros).

Saint

Noob
Honestly so many of you don't understand what suck means, that I guess I should add the context that pertains to Scorpion to the first post.
He sucks because you can't use him in tournaments, he sucks because he can't really do wake up attacks, and actually gets checked and punished in accordance if trying. I was promised a tournament game, and I got an excellent tournament game where I can't use the character I want.
He sucks because he puts himself at much greater risk than similar characters, and doesn't really get return for his risk in comparison to those similar, top tier characters.

Coming into this conversation, I already play similar to Slips. Although as far as skill and consistency goes, I'd be more likely at Scoot Mcgee's level (almost the same thing, but Slips is likes the Bees Knees, while I'm like the Bees Ankles).

I don't ask for buffs lightly, I only think Sheeva, Striker, Scorpion, and probably Baraka need buffs. Certainly not even that many, the buffs I outlined here would fix Scorpion.
I could also see a wakeup buff for Quan Chi, and I don't see why Sindel can't combo specials off of 4.

I don't think of nerfs lightly either, right now, from my point of view, the only nerfs I want are for Cyrax unavoidable resets (and all unavoidable resets, at least you can avoid Scorpion and Sub Zeros).
If you played anything like Slips you wouldn't have made this thread, he's already contradicted you on this matter.

You suck, do something about it.

sorpion IS low tier

This thread has been a lynch mob against you. We are not in denial here.
Lyuben, the reason subzero has low damage about is simply because he has much better tools, the clone is one of the best moves in the game...

People try to bash the guy that started this thread but who of you guys have ever mained scorpion? if not dont talk because you all base your opinions on the vortex game you heard of other people or the video you saw. Now Scorpion is one of my mains and here are the reasons why he needs a buff:

1.easily zoned
2. no safe option, people say you have 50/50 game with him but for this method to work he needs to be constantly be the one attacking, which isnt good against people like JC, KL, ML because he definiteley doesnt have any tools to defend himself properly.
3. any good match ups? no he has only 5/5 matchups or worse.
4. Only safe wakeup on one meter, and if the wakeup attack works he only gets low damage like smoke, compare it to characters like sektor, kung lao, mileena they get a combo off of wakeup attack.
5. He has no tool that you really have to watchout for : takedown is minor damage and is punished with full combo on block, spear is punished on block and if the spear misses he eats huge damage, hell fire is minor damage and doesnt work during an intense high level fight, teleport is good for combos but is not a tool to start up a good combo.

Having that said, he doesnt really need big buffs:

1. En Spear has full armor and has less recovery time, especially if a normal spear misses during a combo, the opponent can punish with full combo, that is just rediculous. by gving him an armor spear you can counter zoning, but its still meter dependend
2. give him a safe wakeup option that has a better use, for example you can chain a spear after an enhanced teleport off of the ground
3. his back 2 has less recovery time and safe on block except against fast character like raiden, or reptile becuz of the superman and dash.
4. Make his moves more meterbuilding, because he is really meter dependend, this allows him to play safer on his vortex game.

With these buffs he is mid tier. and really guys dont go complaining, saying he is already good, becuz if he is that good why dont you try to main him right now he needs to be better because he is the signature character of the franchise.

If you played anything like Slips you wouldn't have made this thread, he's already contradicted you on this matter.

You suck, do something about it.
play like slips? come on man you trying to say just because one guy can play good with scorpion means that the character is fine. The guy proposed some minor buffs and everyone is going crazy on him, I bet no one here mains scorpion and doesnt know what hes talking about, just because you guys watched the vortex video doesnt mean you know all about him, he is LOW tier and with the buffs, he will maybe be mid(still low in my opinion), is it that bad that the main character of the series becomes a mid tier? come on, the franchises signature guy cant be a low tier.

BTW everyone on this thread must be playing a high mid or s tier character so dont go complaining when the game gets balanced

If it were me, I had to say he should be around subzero's level because they are rivals.. but you guys would start cryin on that so i wont go further on that.

Saint

Noob
play like slips? come on man you trying to say just because one guy can play good with scorpion means that the character is fine. The guy proposed some minor buffs and everyone is going crazy on him, I bet no one here mains scorpion and doesnt know what hes talking about, just because you guys watched the vortex video doesnt mean you know all about him, he is LOW tier and with the buffs, he will maybe be mid(still low in my opinion), is it that bad that the main character of the series becomes a mid tier? come on, the franchises signature guy cant be a low tier.

BTW everyone on this thread must be playing a high mid or s tier character so dont go complaining when the game gets balanced

If it were me, I had to say he should be around subzero's level because they are rivals.. but you guys would start cryin on that so i wont go further on that.
That is EXACTLY what I'm trying to say. If ONE guy can play a character well, it means EVERYONE can.

If you're unable because you're mentally challenged or plain out suck, that's on you.

leek

Noob

I'm picking up shang.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
That is EXACTLY what I'm trying to say. If ONE guy can play a character well, it means EVERYONE can.

If you're unable because you're mentally challenged or plain out suck, that's on you.
This. The game is the same for everyone, and everything (other than Kratos) is accessible easily for everyone.

Anyhow, the only thing Scorpion needs is a better safe high-low mix-up for conditioning. Faster startup on F3, change the second hitbox of F4,3 so that it's safe on block.

hmm yeaaah...are you serious? or being sarcastic, cuz if you are you must be really good at it

Tim Static

Adminerator
Changed the tread title.

This thread is ridiculous, so ignore it and maybe people will stop making asses of themselves.

Also, TYM forum rules DO APPLY here - Dont follow them, you will be dealt with, accordingly.

Thank you. :coffee:

Speaking of being really good at something, I'm sure there is something you must be good at but this game is not one of them.
MAn, why begin the trash talk and think before you tell somebody that he/he sucks at MK, you might be really good, but I might be very well be capable of flawlessing your ass. I was just pointing out that you read my post wrong, becuz I DO think scorpio needs a buff

BTW everyone on this thread doesnt even give a proper reason why scorpion is good enough, a yes or no doesnt mean anything, might as well not post a message

MAn, why begin the trash talk and think before you tell somebody that he/he sucks at MK, you might be really good, but I might be very well be capable of flawlessing your ass. I was just pointing out that you read my post wrong, becuz I DO think scorpio needs a buff

BTW everyone on this thread doesnt even give a proper reason why scorpion is good enough, a yes or no doesnt mean anything, might as well not post a message
or were you just mad at yourself becuz you read my message wrong and looked really stupid for a sec

CHouse

Noob
Not every character can be top tier. That doesn't mean that character can't perform well at tournaments either(as demonstrated by Slips and Check). It's one thing if you want to have a discussion about the weaknesses of a character, but claiming the character sucks and needs buffs to be effective is pretty silly. Balance changes shouldn't be made around mid-level play.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Scorpion isn't low tier.

He's mid.

The buffs suggested by most are ridiculous, any buffs to teleport will make him top tier, leave it alone.

Really the only thing he needs is safe takedown or better recovery on whiffed spear.

Bottom line is most people don't know what to look for to make him good, they're looking in the wrong places. But he can win, and he's most certainly not low tier.

zoning

Scorpion isn't low tier.

He's mid.

The buffs suggested by most are ridiculous, any buffs to teleport will make him top tier, leave it alone.

Really the only thing he needs is safe takedown or better recovery on whiffed spear.

Bottom line is most people don't know what to look for to make him good, they're looking in the wrong places. But he can win, and he's most certainly not low tier.
Slips, then tell me, how the hell can you bypass a zoner like kitana?

Dude you cant look to slips for all the answers, try learning from personal experience or just learn to play as the character your having trouble beating for example I learned Kung Lao & now my Scorpion kicks that crap out of Kung Lao because I know all his weaknesses

Disadvantages is something that makes the game great...just image if every single character had the same style or no weakness, it would suck and get real old real fast

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Hehehe, nice title change Sir Static ^_^

Anyhow, those who are complaining about Scorpion still, y'all need to adapt. I mean, hell: I was with y'all in the beginning until I started learning how to apply the tools Scorpion has more appropriately. And I'll still be learning, because Scorpion is one of those characters that rewards those who can read their opponents and discover new solutions.

Saint

Noob
Don't ever jump, punish her fans with teleport, this is an excellent way to approach Kitana.

I agree with what Slips, KOE and ELC just told you, put some time in.

I'm gonna bet you've barely done 100 matches with scorpion, you get your ass beat once or twice and jump into forums asking for buffs.

When you can play him to his fullest potential, that is when you're in a place to even start discussing buffs or nerfs.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Once Scorp has meter, Kitana is taking a big risk throwing any sort of fan. And even when you don't have meter, she still needs to be careful not to fall into a predictable pattern. You just gotta not fall into the temptation of not jumping at her at normal jump distance, cause then you'll get blown up. You gotta have a lot of patience against Kitana. Not just with Scorp but just in general.