What's new

Scorpion Sucks, Scorpion Rules - Lets Complain Here

Should NRS buff Scorpion, even a little bit???

• Total voters

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Thats one reason why better recovery on spear needs to be in. Kitana can square wave to the other side of the screen to avoid the aa spear, run up and do f+2,1. Its almost silly.
Scorp getting his leg takedown safe is just what the doctor ordered for Scorp. All the other buff suggestions for TP and spear wouldn't be addressing his main weakness and why he's stuck at the middle tier.
I think these are interesting posts from you, while I agree with both of them a bit, I think I also see a contradiction.
You first say whiffed spear needs better recovery, yet then you say all buff suggestions for spear wouldn't address his weaknesses.
Can you please clarify??

Tim, can you please fix the poll so people can vote?

Saint

Noob
just now i found out this weird shit about scorps xray, if in a mirror match scorp can actually spear himself out of an x ray if timed right(just when he apppears on the other screen)

Seven, I dont get you man, each post of you is negative, why are you as a scorpion getting mad about scorpion getting buffed...

and its not about getting better, its about fair play becuz the match up is rediculouz you cant disagree on that

and about the changed tactics of the cast, the changes are for the better, because they can use old tactics and find out more tactics because of the buffs..

and about the kitana match, Its like losing again and again against kitana and then winning once, that is not enjoyable. winning after first try IS enjoyable
I hope for your own sake this is a perfect mind game you're trying to play here

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Actually . . . I like safe Takedown. It actually creates a safe knockdown mix-up with 2,1,2 and 2,1~Takedown. Granted, I'd still rather have a faster F3 and F4,3 as punishable as Ermac's F4 to keep them standing, but having access to a safe mix-up that doesn't involve a slow F3 or an unsafe B4 or F4,3 is good news to me.

The problem with spear though is not the recovery, but rather the amount of time for the spear to travel full-screen, since Scorpion is vulnerable during the execution frames of the move. A faster travel speed for spear would be better in general.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I think these are interesting posts from you, while I agree with both of them a bit, I think I also see a contradiction.
You first say whiffed spear needs better recovery, yet then you say all buff suggestions for spear wouldn't address his weaknesses.
Can you please clarify??

Tim, can you please fix the poll so people can vote?
The fact spear has a recovery time worse than the US economy isn't an inherent weakness of Scorp, its just stupid. lol Even if it had the recovery time we are all requesting, all it would do is make his spacing game a lil safer and not be his ass when we miss a spear mid combo. Characters that can teleport and fireball in the air would still have enough time to punish a whiffed spear or at the very least get in for free if it was the way we wanted. The Kitana example is just an extreme measure of how bad it is on whiff.

The bottom line is, you shouldn't be doing spears unless you know its gonna hit or if your doing it after f+4. Bad recovery or not.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
The problem with spear though is not the recovery, but rather the amount of time for the spear to travel full-screen, since Scorpion is vulnerable during the execution frames of the move. A faster travel speed for spear would be better in general.
LOL a faster spear? The thing would be godlike.

friend

I hope for your own sake this is a perfect mind game you're trying to play here
WOW U must really like online mode of MK, keep ignoring the issues I am addressing, the fact that low attacks and d1's can hit scorp out of his wake up teleport is a problem, also the thing with the low attacks, it is a problem that it isnt consistent, there may be times youll be able to escape it sumtimes not... and you escape it with 9% reward while rsiking around 40% damage from sektor for example. If NRS really doesnt want to remove the d1 on scorps teleport at least make the tele vs low attacks consistent, you either make the low attacks win or tele wins. The game needs to be consistent, so maybe do something about those two things, Im not saying TP must be faster, but Im saying at least remove the D1 and low attacks that can hit him out of wake up, wake ups should only be blocked.

About the spear recovery even slips is agreeing on that, the ex spear armor I proposed is not that important if other things are addressed.

The takedown is most likeley going to be buffed on safe on block which is really good.

buttt you wouldnt care about that would you, seven cuz you only play online;)

Saint

Noob
WOW U must really like online mode of MK, keep ignoring the issues I am addressing, the fact that low attacks and d1's can hit scorp out of his wake up teleport is a problem, also the thing with the low attacks, it is a problem that it isnt consistent, there may be times youll be able to escape it sumtimes not... and you escape it with 9% reward while rsiking around 40% damage from sektor for example. If NRS really doesnt want to remove the d1 on scorps teleport at least make the tele vs low attacks consistent, you either make the low attacks win or tele wins. The game needs to be consistent, so maybe do something about those two things, Im not saying TP must be faster, but Im saying at least remove the D1 and low attacks that can hit him out of wake up, wake ups should only be blocked.

About the spear recovery even slips is agreeing on that, the ex spear armor I proposed is not that important if other things are addressed.

The takedown is most likeley going to be buffed on safe on block which is really good.

buttt you wouldnt care about that would you, seven cuz you only play online;)
What you're saying is only true if you're retarded enough to keep using tp as a wake up attack against a player who has proven to be able to counter it.

Slips clearly pointed out in his last post that you need to know when to spear and when not to, which is clearly something you don't.

All in all, you make Pimpuigis first poll look intelligent.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
LOL a faster spear? The thing would be godlike.
I know: it's possible to trade a faster travel speed for a slower startup or slower recovery, but the former could make performing hit-confirms even more difficult and the latter wouldn't exactly address the problem we have with recovery on spear being awful.

Though ... it would make AA Spears a lot easier to time ... and then the world would fear my psychic spears instead of casually jumping over them *maniacal cackle*

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I know: it's possible to trade a faster travel speed for a slower startup or slower recovery, but the former could make performing hit-confirms even more difficult and the latter wouldn't exactly address the problem we have with recovery on spear being awful.

Though ... it would make AA Spears a lot easier to time ... and then the world would fear my psychic spears instead of casually jumping over them *maniacal cackle*
The problem is I don't think you can just have recovery on whiffed spear, it has to be recovery on spear or not, since it depends on when it leaves the screen. If you reduce the recovery you run the risk of breaking the move. We may just have to deal with it.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
The problem is I don't think you can just have recovery on whiffed spear, it has to be recovery on spear or not, since it depends on when it leaves the screen. If you reduce the recovery you run the risk of breaking the move. We may just have to deal with it.
Exactly what I'm saying. It's not the recovery frames that makes a whiffed spear so punishable: it's that, unlike most projectiles, Scorpion is vulnerable while Spear is in its active frames.

What you're saying is only true if you're retarded enough to keep using tp as a wake up attack against a player who has proven to be able to counter it.

Slips clearly pointed out in his last post that you need to know when to spear and when not to, which is clearly something you don't.

All in all, you make Pimpuigis first poll look intelligent.
U keep making statements, which u know nothing about, when in a laggy match or intense match u will drop combos with the spear, u are not a machine ur not perfect, people can get up and punsih u on full combo, no other character has that and scorpion shouldnt either.

About the wake up, how do you wakeup with scorp than? u must be using wake up spear cuz youre oh so intelligent. first of all the low attacks are a full guess, not even based on guessing what the opponent is going to do, it a random guess. and what can scorp do if your opponent keeps using d1 if youre on the ground? take chip damage that is the only option, which means scorp cant wakeup attack at all.

And in case u didnt know scorp is getting a buffed takedown for a new wakeup option, so go ahead and cry my friend

its a fact that the game needs to be showing consistent things when two players re enact the same situation, it isnt even debatable. Tha fact that u keep posting offensive posts already proves youre dumb as an 11 year old

BTW slips fanboy,slips also stated that scorp shouldnt be punished on a dropped combo with a missed spear.

Good stuff Slips.
One more question, what is your stance on the scaling difference he has on B+2?
This is in relation to Scorpion being risk/reward, and if he's so rewarding why is one of his setups so gimped when it's punished so hard?

Blocked B+2 guarantees you get nailed with full combo, but if you connect you only get 29% damage instead of 36 or so%

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?7749-Scorpion-damage-inconsistencies
That combo gives you 29% AND the vortex setup. That isnt too bad for a -10% damage in my opinion and actually works out for you if you play against characters who are weak against rush down/ close combat, like shang tsung and noob.

U really have to keep in mind that scorp occasionaly needs to sacrfice some damage to keep your opponent in the vortex game.

Saint

Noob
U keep making statements, which u know nothing about, when in a laggy match or intense match u will drop combos with the spear, u are not a machine ur not perfect, people can get up and punsih u on full combo, no other character has that and scorpion shouldnt either.

About the wake up, how do you wakeup with scorp than? u must be using wake up spear cuz youre oh so intelligent. first of all the low attacks are a full guess, not even based on guessing what the opponent is going to do, it a random guess. and what can scorp do if your opponent keeps using d1 if youre on the ground? take chip damage that is the only option, which means scorp cant wakeup attack at all.

And in case u didnt know scorp is getting a buffed takedown for a new wakeup option, so go ahead and cry my friend

its a fact that the game needs to be showing consistent things when two players re enact the same situation, it isnt even debatable. Tha fact that u keep posting offensive posts already proves youre dumb as an 11 year old

BTW slips fanboy,slips also stated that scorp shouldnt be punished on a dropped combo with a missed spear.
HAHAHAHAHAH... first you accuse me of being an online player then you refer to online play as to the reason you want buffs?

WHAT A MONGREL

Why on earth would I cry about getting buffed, you're making no sense, to no surprise tho! ;)

I'll tell you something about consistency, the reason you can't be consistent, is because you suck. Get good, and you'll see consistent results.

Stop talking out of your ass.

Also, did I mention.. HAHAHAHAhHA

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Good stuff Slips.
One more question, what is your stance on the scaling difference he has on B+2?
This is in relation to Scorpion being risk/reward, and if he's so rewarding why is one of his setups so gimped when it's punished so hard?

Blocked B+2 guarantees you get nailed with full combo, but if you connect you only get 29% damage instead of 36 or so%

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?7749-Scorpion-damage-inconsistencies
I agree his 50/50 is slightly NOT in his favor when used straight up.

There's times to do it, and there's times not. For me, I do the 50/50 when...

1) I need a comeback
2) I have a breaker (or close to it)
3) Educated guess (notice a player always blocks a certain way in various scenarios)

Otherwise, f+3 and 111/throw pressure works well as a substitute.

That being said, there are ways to make his b+2 safer to the point where his 50/50 IS actually in his favor against a lot of characters. So I have no real quarrel with his 50/50.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Good stuff Slips.
I may upload videos of my Scorpion soon...but I don't want them to be just straight rape videos, so I need a good Kabal player to fight or something first.

HAHAHAHAHAH... first you accuse me of being an online player then you refer to online play as to the reason you want buffs?

WHAT A MONGREL

Why on earth would I cry about getting buffed, you're making no sense, to no surprise tho! ;)

I'll tell you something about consistency, the reason you can't be consistent, is because you suck. Get good, and you'll see consistent results.

Stop talking out of your ass.

Also, did I mention.. HAHAHAHAhHA
u really must be an 11 year old, try to tell me you never drop combos, everyone does that, its just an example of what the causes could be.

and my friend the reason I and everyone else cant be consistent is because that is how the game is at the moment. we use the same buttons for teleport dont we?

my friend u must be the toughest guy in ur neighbourhood with your mature way of speaking. as a matter of fact u must be THAT guy at highschool everyone looks up to, dream on buddy, become a veteran player before u talk shit about people who suck at the game which u know nothin about. U keep making statements without backing them up with reasons, learn to post a decent message with reasons why u think scorp doesnt need that and that, instead of saying scorp is fine, that is not a reason u might as well not say anything

ELC

Scrublord McGee
To be fair, you both make as much sense as two chatbots talking to each other.

To be fair, you both make as much sense as two chatbots talking to each other.

there is no way u can convince this guy.

1.i wasnt the guy who asked for the buffs, I just agreed with some minor buffs. dont say im coming to this thread crying for buffs because i cant win because i have no problems with winning at all. let me ask you one simple question and if you disagree dont just say no give me a CLEAR REASON WHYYYYY.

the question is: why does almost everybody agree with subzero getting buffed, while scorpion who is lower in the tiers than sub, but why is everybody getting mad if someone proposes a buff for scorp and even getting mad at someone who JUST agrees with some buffs (not all of them). since when is it common knowledge for a stronger character to get buffed and a weaker character not...

2. When I try to tell WHY scorpion needs this buffs with clearly mentioned reasons, he says he disagrees with no reason mentioned whatsoever, and then he throws some words with them like, come crying to this thread, u suck at the game.

3. when I say the GAME isnt being consistent when same situations are being re-enacted, this guy says I AS THE PLAYER am not being consistent. is this guy foreign or something? do you know the words that are coming out of my mouth??

4. he ignores the all reasons I throw out and counters them with, u suck at the game. there is no discussing with this guy, at least I dont insult him with baseless statements and I give reasons why I think something should happen or should not happen

ELC

Scrublord McGee
there is no way u can convince this guy.

1.i wasnt the guy who asked for the buffs, I just agreed with some minor buffs. dont say im coming to this thread crying for buffs because i cant win because i have no problems with winning at all. let me ask you one simple question and if you disagree dont just say no give me a CLEAR REASON WHYYYYY.
Ok ... gotcha. You two should still step back and stop ranting at each other.

the question is: why does almost everybody agree with subzero getting buffed, while scorpion who is lower in the tiers than sub, but why is everybody getting mad if someone proposes a buff for scorp and even getting mad at someone who JUST agrees with some buffs (not all of them). since when is it common knowledge for a stronger character to get buffed and a weaker character not...
Tier lists are pretty much shit right now, even Sir Brady's. [aside] No offense Tom, but when you move a few characters up or down who received no buffs or nerfs, makes me wonder if it's just based on popularity at majors. Sub-Zero has a hell of a time against good zoning, which, unfortunately, most of the cast can zone to some extent. Scorpion, however, has no inherent weaknesses against particular strategies: only an overwhelming one against opponents who stay a few steps ahead (and, in the case of psychic spears, those who stay at the same pace).

2. When I try to tell WHY scorpion needs this buffs with clearly mentioned reasons, he says he disagrees with no reason mentioned whatsoever, and then he throws some words with them like, come crying to this thread, u suck at the game.
Again: y'all need to chill. We all came here for Scorpion, and we want what is best for Scorpion ^_^

3. when I say the GAME isnt being consistent when same situations are being re-enacted, this guy says I AS THE PLAYER am not being consistent. is this guy foreign or something? do you know the words that are coming out of my mouth??
He's got a point though. I seriously doubt a RNG is used anywhere outside of Test Your Luck and AI, and thus I doubt the system itself is inconsistent, at least when it pertains to the same event. However, I can understand the negative edge and cancel-timing make combos (especially Scorpion's) a pain to input.

4. he ignores the all reasons I throw out and counters them with, u suck at the game. there is no discussing with this guy, at least I dont insult him with baseless statements and I give reasons why I think something should happen or should not happen
Alright: take a few steps back, restate your arguments.

Ok ... gotcha. You two should still step back and stop ranting at each other.

Tier lists are pretty much shit right now, even Sir Brady's. [aside] No offense Tom, but when you move a few characters up or down who received no buffs or nerfs, makes me wonder if it's just based on popularity at majors. Sub-Zero has a hell of a time against good zoning, which, unfortunately, most of the cast can zone to some extent. Scorpion, however, has no inherent weaknesses against particular strategies: only an overwhelming one against opponents who stay a few steps ahead (and, in the case of psychic spears, those who stay at the same pace).

Again: y'all need to chill. We all came here for Scorpion, and we want what is best for Scorpion ^_^

He's got a point though. I seriously doubt a RNG is used anywhere outside of Test Your Luck and AI, and thus I doubt the system itself is inconsistent, at least when it pertains to the same event. However, I can understand the negative edge and cancel-timing make combos (especially Scorpion's) a pain to input.

Alright: take a few steps back, restate your arguments.
Okay, gotcha man. Ill continue the thread without that guy. About the inconsistencies I put out. I have tested it out myself with sektor's low starter and I really couldnt find any consistencies with it. I even tested it out with smokes teleport which is supposed to be faster. I tested it like at least 50 times and I got smoke off his teleport like almost 15 times. I cant think of any fast low combo starters right at the top of my head. Maybe someone here on this thread that knows what the actual deal is with this situation? maybe its like a real strict timing the oki needs to be performed at?

about the negative edge, what part or which strings are u actually having problems with? its actually the first time I heard of people having trouble with scorpion that has negative edge.