What's new

Scorpion Sucks, Scorpion Rules - Lets Complain Here

Should NRS buff Scorpion, even a little bit???

• Total voters

ELC

Scrublord McGee
can't we all agree scorpion ONLY needs a good wake up option and faster recovery on whiffed spear?
I don't know about only, but those are the two major ones.

Speaking of whiffed spear, I wonder if it's possible to add a cancel to spear so that it goes into recovery before it hits, is blocked, or leaves the screen.

Roderyk

Noob
I don't know about only, but those are the two major ones.

Speaking of whiffed spear, I wonder if it's possible to add a cancel to spear so that it goes into recovery before it hits, is blocked, or leaves the screen.
well more damage would be nice, at least as much as ermac. or a safe mid b+2 or 2,1+2
and cancelling the spear sounds intresting but i dont think NRS would ever even think of adding it

Saint

Noob
1. En Spear has full armor and has less recovery time, especially if a normal spear misses during a combo, the opponent can punish with full combo, that is just rediculous. by gving him an armor spear you can counter zoning, but its still meter dependend
2. give him a safe wakeup option that has a better use, for example you can chain a spear after an enhanced teleport off of the ground
3. his back 2 has less recovery time and safe on block except against fast character like raiden, or reptile becuz of the superman and dash.
4. Make his moves more meterbuilding, because he is really meter dependend, this allows him to play safer on his vortex game.

With these buffs he is mid tier. and really guys dont go complaining, saying he is already good, becuz if he is that good why dont you try to main him right now he needs to be better because he is the signature character of the franchise.
You suggested some minor buffs ha? With these buffs he will be mid tier? :D:D:D

I rest my case dofus.

That clip is hilarious ELC, I think I first saw sentrygun posting it, couldn't stop laughing.

Even virtual women think they know everything

ELC

Scrublord McGee
well more damage would be nice, at least as much as ermac. or a safe mid b+2 or 2,1+2
and cancelling the spear sounds intresting but i dont think NRS would ever even think of adding it
Not really talking about damage: Scorpion has pretty good damage to begin with. I'm talking about making his low-risk/low-reward mix-up more viable so you can condition and check with Scorpion before comboing.

EDIT: I also have a halfway decent Reptile if anyone wants to practice using Scorpion ^_^

YESSSSSS

can't we all agree scorpion ONLY needs a good wake up option and faster recovery on whiffed spear?
my FRIEND THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYIN TO SAY IN THE LAST 10 POSTS. the buff scorpion probably is going to get is a takedown that is safe on block and fast enough to use as a wake up attack. The faster recovery on a whiffed spear is still unknown but is less important than the wakeup buff he needs.

BTW if anyone wondered what i meant by scorpion can be kicked out of teleport wakeup by low attacks, go watch the new reo(scorpion) vs tom brady(subz) casuals.

scorpion

BTW guys, scorpion is already getting a buffed takedown accroding to the patch notes, so there really is no use in discussing anymore, his main problem is already getting solved.

What I find very funny is that everybody said scorpion didnt need a buff and then he is getting a buff according to the patch notes and everybody actually agrees with the buff.

Fuzzymic14

FC Bound
WHAT THE FUCK, YOU GUYS WANT MORE ???!!!! HE WAS JUST ANNOUCED A BUFF, WHICH HE REALLY DOESNT NEED IT. WAAAYYY TO POWERFUL IN THE RIGHT HANDS.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
What I find very funny is that everybody said scorpion didnt need a buff and then he is getting a buff according to the patch notes and everybody actually agrees with the buff.
That's because people are sheep, and most are brainless sheep at that.
If this is the final balance patch, I'm really hopeful that spear whiff gets addressed too.

Those are the two specific things Slips has been asking for...I hope we're all tuning into FighterxShooter today to check him out.
BTW he gives the best commentary out of all MK players so far.

I'm very impressed with his commentary...his face when he heard about Ric Flair was priceless.
Hogan seriously was the better wrestler, the more entertaining character, and if you look at his Japanese wrestling matches, he's even the more technical wrestler too.

In his only match against Bret Hart, he did many technical moves.

Slips has earned himself many PimpUigi points via his commentary, which is not only extremely knowledgeable in regards to MK9 depth, he's not telling fairy tales either.
These PimpUigi points may or may not serve him well in the future.

Saint

Noob
That's because people are sheep, and most are brainless sheep at that.
If this is the final balance patch, I'm really hopeful that spear whiff gets addressed too.

Those are the two specific things Slips has been asking for...I hope we're all tuning into FighterxShooter today to check him out.
BTW he gives the best commentary out of all MK players so far.

I'm very impressed with his commentary...his face when he heard about Ric Flair was priceless.
Hogan seriously was the better wrestler, the more entertaining character, and if you look at his Japanese wrestling matches, he's even the more technical wrestler too.

In his only match against Bret Hart, he did many technical moves.

Slips has earned himself many PimpUigi points via his commentary, which is not only extremely knowledgeable in regards to MK9 depth, he's not telling fairy tales either.
These PimpUigi points may or may not serve him well in the future.
Will that be streamed tonight?

Where did you hear his commentating?

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
http://de.twitch.tv/focusfirefighters/b/294267961

Starts at 45 minutes in.
This is the top 8, you can check the backlog of videos to listen to him commentate.

I think I just became a slips fan due to his commentary.
Sort of similar to how I used to route for Tom Brady until I heard his commentary, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan of players.
I consider Slips commentary to be the polar opposite of Tom Bradys.

Technique in C&C 3
Ken in SSBM
Myself in SF2 HD Remix
Titanium Beast in Guilty Gear Accent Core
Lord Knight since I knew him before he blew up, and he was on my crew PimpTaxi
and now Slips in MK9 - lol

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
On the back of every Septa transfer...
Transfer Rules!
(Billy Madison is awesome, one of Adam's only good movies)

BTW if anyone wondered what i meant by scorpion can be kicked out of teleport wakeup by low attacks, go watch the new reo(scorpion) vs tom brady(subz) casuals.
Lui Kang vs Scorpion + corner = low combo starter out of ex teleport wakeup, not to mention you can THROW someone out of takedown. Absolutely bloody retarded, I shouldn't have to 50/50 guess whether I'm going to lose another 30-40% and still be stuck in the corner, even when I know the guy is going to go on the offensive.

low starters

Lui Kang vs Scorpion + corner = low combo starter out of ex teleport wakeup, not to mention you can THROW someone out of takedown. Absolutely bloody retarded, I shouldn't have to 50/50 guess whether I'm going to lose another 30-40% and still be stuck in the corner, even when I know the guy is going to go on the offensive.
there you go, same with sektor he can kick you out of wakeup and start a full combo.

other characters like nightwolf, ermac, jax, KL, Cyber sub may also be able to do this because they have a low starting string, some are faster than the other, I dont know if all of them work but jax and nightwolfs starters must be able to do this because their low strings are pretty fast

I thought the wakeup system was explained? Its not your getting kicked out wakeup teleport, its inputting the buttons too late and only getting like 1 frame of invincibility. Happens to me all the time, honestly its something everyone should go to the lab and practice. Although I will say, its kind of shitty that even if you hit your En Teleport Punch you can get knocked out of when you reappear on screen, lol.

instant

I thought the wakeup system was explained? Its not your getting kicked out wakeup teleport, its inputting the buttons too late and only getting like 1 frame of invincibility. Happens to me all the time, honestly its something everyone should go to the lab and practice. Although I will say, its kind of shitty that even if you hit your En Teleport Punch you can get knocked out of when you reappear on screen, lol.
I tested this on practice mode with instant wakup attacks, which means i do it as soon as it is possible to do. And even then It sometimes happens. that is why it is inconsistent.

But this doesnt even matter anymore, after the patch if people try low attacks on wakeup scorpion will stuff them with a faster takedown. people will think twice before rushing scorp

BTW, I watched the vsm stream today with tom brady's commentary, he actually explained the thing with invisibilty frame. the invisibity frame is not sufficiently long enough for you to wakeup teleport without getting kicked out of it most of the times. this includes scorpion, smoke, sektor and i think ermac but i dont know that for sure, but seeing as ermac teleport is basically the same as scorpions.

in other words it doesnt even have to do anything with inputting the buttons too late !!!!

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Only started using Scorp & im ok-ish with him (the vortex is amazing), I win more than I lose, but when I lose I lose badly cos he has no good wake up. I feel like theres nothing I can do when pressurised, I do an Extp I get kicked out of it or even when I do get the Extp, I get uppercutted out of it lol, theres no winning. A better wake up & he'd be my main.

Saint

Noob
Only started using Scorp & im ok-ish with him (the vortex is amazing), I win more than I lose, but when I lose I lose badly cos he has no good wake up. I feel like theres nothing I can do when pressurised, I do an Extp I get kicked out of it or even when I do get the Extp, I get uppercutted out of it lol, theres no winning. A better wake up & he'd be my main.
When you're put into a situation against a player who pokes your wake-ups stop doing them.

Block whatever he does and counter