What's new

Scorpion Sucks, Scorpion Rules - Lets Complain Here

Should NRS buff Scorpion, even a little bit???

• Total voters

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
When you're put into a situation against a player who pokes your wake-ups stop doing them.

Block whatever he does and counter
I understand but I play a guy who uses Lui Kang & Freddy, who both have a high & low attack which if I guess wrong I get a big combo unleashed on me. I need something to escape this badly.

Saint

Noob
I understand but I play a guy who uses Lui Kang & Freddy, who both have a high & low attack which if I guess wrong I get a big combo unleashed on me. I need something to escape this badly.
A high won't affect you unless it's an overhead, and if it is, all you can do is guess, think of it as being put in your own vortex.

While a good, quick wake-up would partially solve this we can just work with what we have.

Saint

Noob
Yeah suppose i'll just have to guess & hope. Still a decent wake up would'nt go amiss.
I'm with ya man, what I'm trying to get through is, as soon as you're put in a challenging situation, don't look for the answer in terms of a buff/nerf.

Rather, work with what you have, level up your intuition and become a better player, the satisfaction of winning is so much greater.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Against Liu Kang, block low on the first hit, then block high after that. Unless he goes for Dragon Stance or Parry, then I'm sure back-dash spear will work wonders for ya.

Against Freddy ... not a damn clue. The only combo juggle I know of Freddy's is B1,2,U1 and that hits high. I suggest the same tactic for Liu Kang if he goes into Nightmare Stance.

He is that bad. No options he has are safe, he loses all zoning battles, he's a complete guessing game where when he guesses wrong he eats 40% damage, but when he guesses correctly he only nets 30% on average.

He's not even good in close. So he's bad everywhere.

I'm not exactly a noob here. : \
Scorpion just actually sucks.
Actually, the best MK player on Xbox 360 Live is a rank 43 or 44 Scorpion. His main is Scorpion and his name is Forever King.

The thing I like about using Scorpion online is that most people think they're about to get a free win because of how many retards use Scorpion online, then get surprised and pwned in the face. Unless they're just a better player. Then I get pwned in the face.

The thing I hate about fighting Scorpion online is that I think I'm about to get a free win because of how many retards use Scorpion. I usually end up being right, so I don't know why I just said I hate this.

rrespiritu

Mortal Kom~what now?
Uhm :

-Why fix something thats not broken?
-No character needs to be perfect for a competative game

*Scorpion scrub cries?
1.whiff spear = death
2.TP faster?? OMG
3.111 mixup with overhead ?WTF
4.faster wakeup takedown, uhm i guess so
5.B+2 scaling, just do JIP

to sum up all the cries = "Why fill the holes with BUFFS, when you can fill it with your gamestyle and strategies?"

Uhm :

-Why fix something thats not broken?
-No character needs to be perfect for a competative game

*Scorpion scrub cries?
1.whiff spear = death
2.TP faster?? OMG
3.111 mixup with overhead ?WTF
4.faster wakeup takedown, uhm i guess so
5.B+2 scaling, just do JIP

to sum up all the cries = "Why fill the holes with BUFFS, when you can fill it with your gamestyle and strategies?"
I agree with you on the 111 overhead man, that would be really overpowered. But the wakeup is somethin you cant solve with any strategy, all you can do to defend yourself against a well timed d4 on wakeup is block low and even if the d4 isnt timed well, the guy still has time to uppercut you after teleport because he is crouching and has the advantage over a whiffed teleport. which isnt the purpose of a wakeup situation, both players need to have a risk, the wakeup situation is a guess situation, about whether the guy on the ground is gonna wakeup attack or not.

rrespiritu

Mortal Kom~what now?
I agree with you on the 111 overhead man, that would be really overpowered. But the wakeup is somethin you cant solve with any strategy, all you can do to defend yourself against a well timed d4 on wakeup is block low and even if the d4 isnt timed well, the guy still has time to uppercut you after teleport because he is crouching and has the advantage over a whiffed teleport. which isnt the purpose of a wakeup situation, both players need to have a risk, the wakeup situation is a guess situation, about whether the guy on the ground is gonna wakeup attack or not.
Totally!! no such thing is perfect safe, ex teleport is a gamble for you, if your opponent crouch down and do an uppercut thats your loss its not like everyone will do the same thing at the given time some will just do a block on reflex other will do a d2, thats why you should mix it up or wait for what they say a safer wakeup takedown i dont really know if its faster or safer well just have to wait and wish for the best.

Other than that i dont believe scorpion is a scrub, its just many scrub people are using scorpion because of his popularity to the casual players. remember
scorpion is a MIXUP gamestyle character, you will always gamble and wish for the best to happen.. GOODLUCK on all scorpion players wish to see one win the big one next time..

Totally!! no such thing is perfect safe, ex teleport is a gamble for you, if your opponent crouch down and do an uppercut thats your loss its not like everyone will do the same thing at the given time some will just do a block on reflex other will do a d2, thats why you should mix it up or wait for what they say a safer wakeup takedown i dont really know if its faster or safer well just have to wait and wish for the best.

Other than that i dont believe scorpion is a scrub, its just many scrub people are using scorpion because of his popularity to the casual players. remember
scorpion is a MIXUP gamestyle character, you will always gamble and wish for the best to happen.. GOODLUCK on all scorpion players wish to see one win the big one next time..
exactly. a nice takedown would solve the whole problem, this is already confirmed in the new patch notes, but i hope faster takedown means a takedown that cant be stuffed.

And i totally agree with you saying scorpion is not a bad character. paying against scorpion means playing against a risky opponent, scorpion has so many options to link into the vortex game or into a spear. that is why i like to play with him hes a true rushdown character.

The new patch should solve all of scorpions problems:

more invisibilty on wakeup so no wakeups getting stuffed hopefully, negative edge tweaked so the spear will come out when you want it i hope.

Im glad I sticked with scorpion