What's new

Strategy Scorpion stuff that isn't talked about a lot

I'd just like to comment...... if you play lik ea high level player... using 1,1,1 to build meter and create space.... you'll eventually catch someone with 1,1,1 spear.

Kudos to Raptor. I was pretty skeptical myself..... but I thought what the heck.

3,3,4 on hit giving a whiffed teleport is very interesting. Thanks KOE.... i'd of never known that.
The cool thing about 3,3,4 is that using it as a combo ender is only 1% less than his BnB. Also, if they tech roll your still in 50/50 range.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
scorps always in my 3 main list

until he got pushed over by cyrax

i like scorp and the only time i use unsafe mixups is when i need the damage but never when if im on much lower hp in round 1, much lower hp generally means one punish and youre dead, id rather keep the meter and not die a few seconds after i break while not having rebuild almost any of it.

generally only time i mixup is max range b2 and f4 spear on ppl carelessly trying to dash in

i never quite got the idea of making them respect d4 then not always doing takedown, i rarely d4 and watch for a reaction anymore

Qwark28
When I'm in vortex I use these options;
b2/f4
2 xx TD/2,1+2
2,1 xx TD/2,1,2
1-throw/1-b2
1,1,1 xx TD
f3/sweep

Throwing is the safest option in vortex in terms of risk vs reward. The throw 50/50 is a 2 part mixup because a throw tech is a 50/50, and the guaranteed hellfire is also a 50/50. Some characters (Cage, Ermac, Noob, Liu Kang, Sindel, Kenshi, Quan Chi, etc. ) can't get full combos even if they guess correctly in the throw 50/50. Characters without advancing wakeup attacks (Kenshi, Shang, Rain, etc.) have to eat the hellfire. Throw + hellfire is only 19%, but 19x3 is 57% of your opponents lifebar.

D4 by itself should simply be used as a spacing tool. Making your opponent respect d4 xxTD gives you the opportunity to pressure. He doesn't have the +12 advantage on his d4 like other characters, so making them respect d4 xx TD is essential to your pressure game.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Qwark28
When I'm in vortex I use these options;
b2/f4
2 xx TD/2,1+2
2,1 xx TD/2,1,2
1-throw/1-b2
1,1,1 xx TD
f3/sweep

Throwing is the safest option in vortex in terms of risk vs reward. The throw 50/50 is a 2 part mixup because a throw tech is a 50/50, and the guaranteed hellfire is also a 50/50. Some characters (Cage, Ermac, Noob, Liu Kang, Sindel, Kenshi, Quan Chi, etc. ) can't get full combos even if they guess correctly in the throw 50/50. Characters without advancing wakeup attacks (Kenshi, Shang, Rain, etc.) have to eat the hellfire. Throw + hellfire is only 19%, but 19x3 is 57% of your opponents lifebar.

D4 by itself should simply be used as a spacing tool. Making your opponent respect d4 xxTD gives you the opportunity to pressure. He doesn't have the +12 advantage on his d4 like other characters, so making them respect d4 xx TD is essential to your pressure game.
if they dont wakeup after a sweep you can do dash f3

i remember a year ago i didnt know ex tele was +10 and used to do another tele right off the bat to confuse them lmao

Reactions: RYX

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Y'all know ow long I have been whiffing tele's to do mess up wake-ups? Did you know that on some characters a B2 will blow up a wake-up attack for full punish? My variants is 1,1, spear, njp, jik, teleport, 3, teleport, teleport. Also did people know that on some combos scorpion can void without having to do the usual set-ups like in the corner I have found that doing 1,1 spear, jip, F2,1, ex teleport, 2,1, 3,3 teleport, 1, 1, spear will put them in a state where you have a small window to do a f4 reset, or use a d3 to pick them up.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Or in vortex i will instead of jumping over my opponent for the extra chip I will f3 them. If it hits you are at advantage of 6 frames. that makes your throw 4 frames, 1 6 frames, 2, 4 frames. Alot of people like to block to keep you from pressuring afterwards. on block it's safe, and you are able at even frames.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Or in vortex i will instead of jumping over my opponent for the extra chip I will f3 them. If it hits you are at advantage of 6 frames. that makes your throw 4 frames, 1 6 frames, 2, 4 frames. Alot of people like to block to keep you from pressuring afterwards. on block it's safe, and you are able at even frames.
except throw can be just frame neutral ducked 1 can whiff and so can 2

best thing to do is take the 33 takedown

except throw can be just frame neutral ducked 1 can whiff and so can 2

best thing to do is take the 33 takedown
Neutral crouch is suicide in that scenario. The threat of 3,3 xx spear is too great for you r opponent trying to neutral duck a throw. It would be pretty damn baldy though lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Neutral crouch is suicide in that scenario. The threat of 3,3 xx spear is too great for you r opponent trying to neutral duck a throw. It would be pretty damn baldy though lol.
depends on the situation, if scorpion cant afford to simply do 33 takedown for chip then he might go for an almost guaranteed throw, its all reads, besides, you can break 33 but you can't break the throw

depends on the situation, if scorpion cant afford to simply do 33 takedown for chip then he might go for an almost guaranteed throw, its all reads, besides, you can break 33 but you can't break the throw
True but +6 at point blank range has to be respected because if anything he gets a free 3,3,4 check. It's no offense that can be established in that situation probably besides armor.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
True but +6 at point blank range has to be respected because if anything he gets a free 3,3,4 check. It's no offense that can be established in that situation probably besides armor.
whiff punish the throw

while it has to be respected, at a point where damage really counts its better to take a chance to whiff punish the throw and break the second 3 if its a bad read, and LBSH, who expects such ridiculousness at low hp?

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
whiff punish the throw

while it has to be respected, at a point where damage really counts its better to take a chance to whiff punish the throw and break the second 3 if its a bad read, and LBSH, who expects such ridiculousness at low hp?
It's pretty legit bro once you get people to respect the 3,3,4 or 3,3 takedown you can add the throw in after the F3 because they will either know they can't do anything, or will armor out on some occasions. You have to remember most people are gonna break your vortex on sight so they aren't just gonna spend that one bar of meter on a maybe he did something. Remember you are at plus 6 frames which means you have time to make a quick decision as to what to do next. if it's blocked then by all means I would just block afterwards or use armor so as to not risk anything, but its all up to you on how you choose to react to the situation. BUT TRUST ME NO ONE IS NEUTRAL DUCKING and risking a another vortex not mention your 3 is 4 frames on hit from F3 so no matter what they do button wise if it has no armor then you are hitting them since 3,3 is scorpions only mid hitting normal.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's pretty legit bro once you get people to respect the 3,3,4 or 3,3 takedown you can add the throw in after the F3 because they will either know they can't do anything, or will armor out on some occasions. You have to remember most people are gonna break your vortex on sight so they aren't just gonna spend that one bar of meter on a maybe he did something. Remember you are at plus 6 frames which means you have time to make a quick decision as to what to do next. if it's blocked then by all means I would just block afterwards or use armor so as to not risk anything, but its all up to you on how you choose to react to the situation. BUT TRUST ME NO ONE IS NEUTRAL DUCKING and risking a another vortex not mention your 3 is 4 frames on hit from F3 so no matter what they do button wise if it has no armor then you are hitting them since 3,3 is scorpions only mid hitting normal.
you guys still dont get what im saying...

what happens when you're 1% HP and your ops 5%? Are you gonna put yourself at -4 after that for a free KO because you only chipped 4%?

ive been talking about this kind of situation from the damn beginning, YES i would risk a vortex because i only have a 5% left and you have 1 and its so much more likely for you to throw

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
you guys still dont get what im saying...

what happens when you're 1% HP and your ops 5%? Are you gonna put yourself at -4 after that for a free KO because you only chipped 4%?

ive been talking about this kind of situation from the damn beginning, YES i would risk a vortex because i only have a 5% left and you have 1 and its so much more likely for you to throw
To be fair this has worked, at SBA, Slips was on his last pixel and stuffed CD Junior's counterpoke anticipating a 50/50 after EX tele with 334, and only lost because he missed the proceeding D1~Spear. Even if it looks like they're rationally respecting it, sometimes you just gotta go full retard anyway lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
True

I actually really like seeing scorpion talked about

hes a fun design imo
hes a troll design

hey guys lets make his pokes +1 on hit at the most lol

oh and thisl be good, make his spear hits sometimes but mostly go right through people loool

what?youre giving him armour on takedown? nah, have it go through most of the cast and be punishable

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
hes a troll design

hey guys lets make his pokes +1 on hit at the most lol

oh and thisl be good, make his spear hits sometimes but mostly go right through people loool

what?youre giving him armour on takedown? nah, have it go through most of the cast and be punishable
man d1 hellfire would have owned lol

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
about 111spear,
i do something very similiar with ermac, 312 lift and 312d1 lift, you throw out those options out if you win the first round. i mean who cares if you get punished just dont spend your meter, save it for round three. if you catch them, they gotta break(no meter for round 3). if you get punished, they will be looking to punish lift after everything cuz they think theyll blow you up. in round three, switch gears and do 31 312 d1 312 31 throw (or something like that). and now you have more meter for the final fight. your opponent thinks your a psycho with full meter, and hes afraid with none.
this is suprisingly effective, WITHOUT 50/50 options like scorpion.
i can only imagine what a high level scorpion would do to me if i was too afraid to do anything