What's new

Strategy Scorpion stuff that isn't talked about a lot

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Ah if only ex spear hit low pokes this might be true.
I am not saying it won't wiff on pokes, thats a fact, it will wiff, but that is not what I am saying.

What I am saying is, why would someone think it is a good idea to poke him when he is already negative? Surly the most common reaction when you block a takedown is a string?

Poking someone when they are negative is pointless.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
How bad does Soapboxfan rape you offline?
his cage was ridiculous, rarely beat it in a real set, although his sonya needs some work, hes only been playing her for like 2 weeks tho lol. I acutally just won our new mains tournament, I'm maining cage and keeping scorp in my pocket for kenshi, kabal, and freddy

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
well its safe on block so why would you not just cross scorpion up for a blockstring while he is laying there on the ground, youre not going to punish him anyway.
Ok, point made. But if you cross him over can't he just :ex spear punish you for that?

The only real valid move on scorpion after that is normals, not pokes and cross overs, he is already negative.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Ok, point made. But if you cross him over can't he just :ex spear punish you for that?

The only real valid move on scorpion after that is normals, not pokes and cross overs, he is already negative.
Easier said than done when you can't get a read on what Sonya's bipolar hitbox will do next lol.

I see what you're saying but I don't think a Scorp who just committed to takedown would be in the mindset of taking a point blank risk to begin with.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I've started throwing hellfire into my rushdown game.

Oh, you want to jump over me? Nope, NJP into 40% vortex

Also, I'm starting to experiment with D1~spear as a poke because why the fuck not

coolwhip

Noob
it links and its safe, i think :D
Why not go for F4, spear instead? And if it's to end the match, then you can X-Ray? If the opponent guesses right and blocks low, you can break, and actually waste two bars of meter instead of three.

Just thinking out loud here...

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Why not go for F4, spear instead? And if it's to end the match, then you can X-Ray? If the opponent guesses right and blocks low, you can break, and actually waste two bars of meter instead of three.

Just thinking out loud here...
i was mostly trollling, its not that great but its like if all else fails you could throw that out, you cant punish xray on block can you?

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but going along with the whiffed air throw to build meter you can sort of create an ambiguous breaker situation. What I mean is that when the other player gets used to seeing you jump over them twice after a spear, they'll probably try to break in the wrong direction if you just jump over once and do a jumpkick~air throw (followed by ex hellfire).

Sorry if that sounds confusing lol. I've seen a few Scorpion players use this on me before.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Also, I'm starting to experiment with D1~spear as a poke because why the fuck not
Believe me, it's surprisingly legit, can't say I've done it deliberately but them times when you're stuck in pressure and you're all like "maaan these pokes, fuck you NRS and your shitty design stan.." and then BAM, negative edge kicks in and you've got yourself a free void/vortex setup, fucking gold. <3

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Trying to figure out if the block push back on 2, 1 is worth anything

Believe me, it's surprisingly legit, can't say I've done it deliberately but them times when you're stuck in pressure and you're all like "maaan these pokes, fuck you NRS and your shitty design stan.." and then BAM, negative edge kicks in and you've got yourself a free void/vortex setup, fucking gold. <3
I figure it would be worth it try on Kabal, Jax, Cage, etc. I can't though because lolonline.

My logic is that D1~takedown works, but that's a safe low mix up. D1~spear is borderline desperation, but it is Scorpion so might as well

true, but it takes a better read and reaction imo to reverse the input. if your cross him over you get chip from jump attack and from the block string. its just another option.

I'ts actually alot easier to do than his d1 aa on crossover. Only negative is that it uses 1 bar.
that would apply in a normal situation, but now youre lying on the ground, its not like the crossover is the only option you have to worry about. I could either go for an immediate blockstring or cross you over.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I dont't know if you guys use that, but i am finding it very useful. After kombo like let say: 2,1 spear, NJP, Dash B2, JK tele , 111xtele......go for a throw and then hellfire. It is alot of damage if they don't wakeup.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
am i the only one who rarely goes for the 50/50 unless on a good read?

i make sure to never do a 50/50 the same way though, i like playing a fast and "demoralising" playstyle trying to annoy and bait people into patterns

d4 is godlike for checking how they like to block and f3 is very underused

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I dont't know if you guys use that, but i am finding it very useful. After kombo like let say: 2,1 spear, NJP, Dash B2, JK tele , 111xtele......go for a throw and then hellfire. It is alot of damage if they don't wakeup.
21 spear NJP jk tele jk tele d1 tele is much faster and more confusing

whenever i get any pressure going i like my scorp to be blinding fast and stressful

Vagrant

Noob
You guys were right about 21. I've been using it alot more it's a great oppurtunity to stuff pokes because of the pushback.