What's new

Strategy Scorpion stuff that isn't talked about a lot

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
yea his scorp is bogus lol​
totally agree, and you can also do two crossover throws to avoid breaker.​
viable for meter building and as a mindgame.​

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
about 111spear,
i do something very similiar with ermac, 312 lift and 312d1 lift, you throw out those options out if you win the first round. i mean who cares if you get punished just dont spend your meter, save it for round three. if you catch them, they gotta break(no meter for round 3). if you get punished, they will be looking to punish lift after everything cuz they think theyll blow you up. in round three, switch gears and do 31 312 d1 312 31 throw (or something like that). and now you have more meter for the final fight. your opponent thinks your a psycho with full meter, and hes afraid with none.
this is suprisingly effective, WITHOUT 50/50 options like scorpion.
i can only imagine what a high level scorpion would do to me if i was too afraid to do anything
LMAO

except scorpion cant be poked mid string

anyone who falls for 312 lift doesnt know that 312 is like cheese with holes

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
it works though especially if you switch to an unsafe strategy on a round that dosent really matter,
on high hit box characters its a very similiar strategy, 111 spear is a tactic that everyone uses even with other characters . its just scarier with him because of vortex. that was the point i was trying to make.

Element_

The First Element
i don't understand how people online think they can win just by doing ,111 ,111,,111 and then a possible hellfire..lol its crazy

Error

DF2+R2
LMAO

except scorpion cant be poked mid string

anyone who falls for 312 lift doesnt know that 312 is like cheese with holes
It jails everyone save Mileena after a jip and there's only one hole in the string, and if you mistime a poke that's another safe jump or lift if you're feeling ballsy.

I think gamerblake is the only scorpion I've seen air grab meter build in combos. It's awesome, every scorpion should be doing it
RedRaptor10 does it consistently as well, even though I will say sometimes he goes crazy with his meter.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
RedRaptor10 - so....in the last week, i've started incorporating more shenanigans within my shenanigans. and yeah, 111 spear totally works. Every read I've made with it, I've been successful. It's bloody amazing.

ryublaze

Noob
yea you cant just do that but it does make 111 111 111 a possibility
three 111s is possible but not likely to happen unless ur opponent's really expecting the spear/takedown. Scorpion also has EX Spear which is more riskier but will connect on crouch blockers after the 111 string.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It jails everyone save Mileena after a jip and there's only one hole in the string, and if you mistime a poke that's another safe jump or lift if you're feeling ballsy.
maybe in low lvl or online play

still a hole, still not viable

like after the tele I assume? or after a max damage combo into spear?
After f2,1 xx TP take 1 step forward then hellfire. You'll be perfectly spaced to backdash most d1s and d3s.

This is one of those things when knowing your opponents tendencies pays off. If they like to poke Whiff punish. If they like to jump anti-air. If they like to attack use armor.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
After f2,1 xx TP take 1 step forward then hellfire. You'll be perfectly spaced to backdash most d1s and d3s.

This is one of those things when knowing your opponents tendencies pays off. If they like to poke Whiff punish. If they like to jump anti-air. If they like to attack use armor.
Right on, I'm gonna try this out. Could be a good mix up with my f21 tele 21 back dash set up for pokes. I really like this.

:D
When I'm pressuring my opponent, I like to condition them to poke out of 1,1. After that is established I use 2,1 because it has pushback, and allows Scorpion to whiff punish pokes.
It's probably a good idea to abuse that while you can so the game can develop. then people will start having to react to watching for 2, to be weary of that.

I always think it's agood idea to use things like this even if "on paper" the opponent can see it coming. All you have to do is turn it off when you realize they know the gimmick you're trying to do. can't learn to overcome people who know how to fight your character w/o making them prepared for every scenario.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
:D
When I'm pressuring my opponent, I like to condition them to poke out of 1,1. After that is established I use 2,1 because it has pushback, and allows Scorpion to whiff punish pokes.
See I like to go for a hellfire and do a neutral jump punch for resets. I suck at Njp's though :(. I had one gimmick that I used to do to people for no odd reason that looked absolutely stupid. I would sometimes stance change in front of my opponent to see where they block to see if they would fuzzy guard the vortex or not. If I see that they may know how to fuzzy guard I would go for set-ups that more or less annoy people like vortex, F3, vortex Hellfire, vortex 2, takedown, vortex 2, 1+2. I have messing with a combo in the corner as well I don't think it's viable on low hitbox characters, but then again it's not like I have a scene or great online to really practice under pressure. I usually will start off of a knockdown If I read pressure, or off a any spear combo.

Ex telepunch, 2,1 jik, telpunch, 1,1 spear, (vortex) 51%
if you do 1,1 spear, jip, f2,1 ex telepunch, 2,1, jik, telepunch, 1,1 spear I forgot how much damage it does, good damage.

It's probably a good idea to abuse that while you can so the game can develop. then people will start having to react to watching for 2, to be weary of that.

I always think it's agood idea to use things like this even if "on paper" the opponent can see it coming. All you have to do is turn it off when you realize they know the gimmick you're trying to do. can't learn to overcome people who know how to fight your character w/o making them prepared for every scenario.
Very true info here.

Another thing I do is 1 - throw. If they try to neutral crouch/poke 1,1 is easily hit confirmed into Spear. Just requires a small read. Not to mention the throw 50/50 is 19%-35%+ depending on if they guess right/wrong.

This character is a mixup lol

Very true info here.

Another thing I do is 1 - throw. If they try to neutral crouch/poke 1,1 is easily hit confirmed into Spear. Just requires a small read. Not to mention the throw 50/50 is 19%-35%+ depending on if they guess right/wrong.

This character is a mixup lol

I like to mixup with EVERYTHING!

1,1 - throw/1,1,1 - Throw 50/50 or keep pressure
1,1/2,1 - to bait & punish pokes
1 - b2/f4 - Overhead/Low mixup that leads to Vortex
1 - throw/2 - throw - Throw 50/50
2 - TD/2,1+2 - Overhead/Low mixup that leads to Vortex
2,1,2/2,1 xx TD - Overead/Low mixup doesn't lead to much

Just a few things I like to mixup with.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
I like to mixup with EVERYTHING!

1,1 - throw/1,1,1 - Throw 50/50 or keep pressure
1,1/2,1 - to bait & punish pokes
1 - b2/f4 - Overhead/Low mixup that leads to Vortex
1 - throw/2 - throw - Throw 50/50
2 - TD/2,1+2 - Overhead/Low mixup that leads to Vortex
2,1,2/2,1 xx TD - Overead/Low mixup doesn't lead to much

Just a few things I like to mixup with.
my usual shtick is
1,1, throw/ 1,1,1" "
1,1, takedown " "
F3, throw does I think twenty percent if they take both
F3 , 3,34 does decent chip
B2/F4 if the F4 hits I will usually do 2,1+2xx spear for a void.
2, takedown/ 2, 1+2
hellfire, njp for people who like to jump
Hellfire backdash B2/ spear for people who like to jump, and because I suck at Njp's
jip, ex tp, 3,3,4 for chip damge
I like to let people know I have options, other than B2/F4 if that's all they expect to see then they are most likely gonna block a good bit of te attempts. Depends on the character and the opponent I'm facing as well if I know they wont take something I will drop some in favor of others