What's new

Scorpion Might Be Dead

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As a fellow old school MK player, you'll probably agree that newer players aren't yet conditioned to not YOLO teleport. In old school MK that meant death!

Scorp got some nerfs, but he's far from dead.
TP cancel doesn't even has 10 years yet, in Classic MK we had to understand range to safely teleport to the other side without hitting other characters, these youngsters have it easy when they have a bar to cancel it and yet all they think about is doig it raw lol, imagine them playing UMK3/Trilogy

DeftMonk

Noob
seeing this post makes me salivate at this patch.... I played so many reborn scorps who don;t know shit about shit MU wise or fundamentally. The only other char I played frequently where the player did quite well until it was your turn and they started shitting them selves is sonya. I wish they kept the dam as it was but made everything she had -20. Fuck that char.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
FYI you can't get a D2 KB if Scorpion amplifies his teleport. You will only get a D2 KB combo if Scorpion goes for a raw teleport.

You can't time your D2 to hit teleport before the amplified part goes into start up so your D2 will just kounter the amplified part and since it's a mid you don't get a KB.
See? Hes's fine :DOGE

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Staggers? Still there.
KBs? Still there.
Mixups? Still there.

And you wanna drop Scorpion because his raw Teleport is a high now? Are you kidding me with this? I'm not usually the kinda guy to do this because I'm not the type to do so, but its warranted here: if you're dropping him for this, you were never that good to begin with and you've been carried by him this whole time.

And before you say that having that was integral to his pressure, I'm saying this as a Johnny Cage main, be thankful you have more than one mid since when it comes to pressure, we have F4. B2 is a mid as well, but that's a launcher and unsafe on block.

Johnny still has no viable changes to his KBs, and I'm still gonna stick by him since that's my guy. Because I can adapt and he's still a damn solid whiff punisher. Playing Johnny has taught me spacing and patience, which I've been able to carry over to Cassie when I use her.

This just tells me that your means of adapting is to cut and run at the slightest idea that you have to break out of the comfort zone that Scorpion had created for you.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
"1: If they see teleport movement they just d4 on reaction every time"

You cant be serious with this shit lmao. So in this scenario they are legit just sitting there waiting for you to teleport and yet you did it anyway? Did it ever cross your mind that Scorpion should actually be reacting to them doing moves to punish? No? You just wanna random tele even when theyre sitting there doing nothing waiting for the tele so you have an excuse to make another cry thread?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I keep wanting to do a "mostly dead" reference from Princess Bride but I just can't seem to get there.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
T
There is no mid range in this game. People use projectiles in footsie ranges which aren't reactable with tele and Scorpion's up close game is horrible. If he's now meant to be a mid range footsie character he's fucked because that's not rewarded in this game at the highest level.
he moment you said his upclose game is horrible I stopped taking your comments on balance seriously lol

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
T

he moment you said his upclose game is horrible I stopped taking your comments on balance seriously lol
his upclose game is horrible

he can be bullied. He doesn't have standing mids to counter poke with, so he HAS to counter with pokes, which is not good. I would entertain you proving me wrong, but his buttons up close are not great.

His argument about having to chase people is legit and a real weakness. if he has a huge life deficit... he is in a bind.

The good thing is he still forces you on the ground, and has legit JiK mixes.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I haven't had a chance to lab against him, but can he still punish you for trying to anti-air him with TP? Does it whiff against low pokes or d2?