What's new

Scorpion Might Be Dead

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
...I swear I tried blocking it and got hit. I must not have been pressing it in time. I thought the shit was unblockable. >.>
Oh lord haha thankfully not! I just took it in to the lab and I can punish it with Skarlets s2 (13f high) so it doesn't always have to be a mid either but it might be awkward with some characters.

I'm a scorpion player and I can say that the change was necessary. It don't affect my game plan ( which is cancels and neutral punish). It only affects crazy people that want to press buttons like crazy without patience and be easily rewarded for that.

But still that are a lot of things that bother me. The way the fatal blows work in this game and how fast they come out, Jaqui and Jax long range punch braindead....you are spacing and them "PLAAAAA"...and then they are close now. Mission acomplished.

Sonya needed more nerfs. Her zoning can't be better than Jade and Scarlet if they want to maintain her with that 50/50 game with that damage.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
...I swear I tried blocking it and got hit. I must not have been pressing it in time. I thought the shit was unblockable. >.>
OMG if only! :D

Its a mid. Its def punishable, but one of those punishes where highs will prob whiff on her crouching hitbox.

Misky

I'm a scorpion player and I can say that the change was necessary. It don't affect my game plan ( which is cancels and neutral punish). It only affects crazy people that want to press buttons like crazy without patience and be easily rewarded for that.

But still that are a lot of things that bother me. The way the fatal blows work in this game and how fast they come out, Jaqui and Jax long range punch braindead....you are spacing and them "PLAAAAA"...and then they are close now. Mission acomplished.

Sonya needed more nerfs. Her zoning can't be better than Jade and Scarlet if they want to maintain her with that 50/50 game with that damage.
The thing that has bothered me the most about Sonya from the start is her zoning. It's so fucking obnoxious that she gets a projectile that fast, with a krushing blow and another to compliment it in one variation AAAAAND combos that hurt more than most of the casts off a guess. Like... what lmao

mastermalone

Use only logic, please

Without Jacqui's abilityto close the gap with that punch, she would get zoned out easily and be worthless as a character. I'm amazed that people get annoyed by that. That would be like me saying, "I hate that Scorpion has this fast spear move that you can't jump over that he uses from a safe distance to keep you in check. Why would they give him that?"

That would make him difficult to play as since he would get bodied up close for free without the keep away tools such as the spear.

Matix218

Get over here!
Fair enough! I know only a little about her because I've seen a few and even more now post patch. I'm not certain but it's definitely a solid TP and hits mid for a full combo.
Hits mid for full combo! I thought that was "game breaking" hence the scorpion change? Lol

Misky

Lao's teleport is also reactable as hell.
Yeah it's very easy to punish with a d1 in to s1 or just s1 and normally combo depending on character. You should only really get hit by it during recovery or lots of pressure making you block a lil too long.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
out of all the teleport characters, with this patch which teleports are the best?

1. Scorp's teleport still no1 if used right even with the patch?
  2. Kung Lao?
  3. Cetrion mainly because she has strong keep away tools and then tele run away
  4. rest
Liu
Noob
Kollector
skarlet
kitana

so scorp still got the best teleport out of all the teleport characters in the current patch? or how would you guys place these?
You forgot Raiden's TP

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well, Scorp was already dead. He's a specter afterall :D

But seriously though, he needed the nerfs he was stupid before.

You forgot Raiden's TP
It's good for mobility and getting around zoning but it's not safe at all up close. He can be punished bad if you don't use it sparingly.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
How does it feel with the shoe on the other foot Scorpion? Mr. oh look at me walking back and forth like I'm playing footsies but I'm really just waiting for you to move so I can teleport for a free combo.
I mean if you’re hitting a button I can still do that lol so......

Half these dudes complaining simply don’t want to block.

I use SR so the only thing really different for me is d4. Beyond that I’ve been fighting the same. And these clowns who wanna duck mid to full screen are letting me get in, thirsting for a TP I don’t do unless I see a button anyway.