What's new

Scorpion Might Be Dead

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
So... I feel like NRS took the worst nerf suggestion and applied it to Scorpion. It's not bad that they made it a high, I agree the character was too reliant on it, but he needed buffs if they were gonna do this. So here's the perspective I look at it from now.

1: If they see teleport movement they just d4 on reaction every time
2: Because of this, they can just get the first hit and play super passive
3: Your footsie ranges are inferior to the other footsie characters
4: You're now perpetually chasing people down with a character with bad movement and good, but not great footsie buttons

So my question is, what actually prevents people from just running away from you all game now?

Let's keep in mind that, with this nerf, Scorpion still has/doesn't have

1: No fast mids
2: Damage on the lower end
3: Can't secure damage on breakaways (D2 or Fatal Blow)
4: D1 hit advantage got nerfed so we can't jail 21 anymore

I'm dropping this character. I think once people catch on to the fact that the answer against him now is to do absolutely nothing but react to him, Scorpion players are going to find it just brutal to even exist in this game.

Chernyy Volk

Cut it out. TP should’ve never been a mid to begin with. This change doesn’t hurt solid Scorp players that use him correctly. Its an anti-zoning tool. Not something to just throw out.

This change forces Reborn players to actually learn spacing and play the mid range like Scorp is supposed to.
There is no mid range in this game. People use projectiles in footsie ranges which aren't reactable with tele and Scorpion's up close game is horrible. If he's now meant to be a mid range footsie character he's fucked because that's not rewarded in this game at the highest level.

There is no mid range in this game. People use projectiles in footsie ranges which aren't reactable with tele and Scorpion's up close game is horrible. If he's now meant to be a mid range footsie character he's fucked because that's not rewarded in this game at the highest level.
You honestly need to level up. You’re telling me Scorp can’t create whiff punish opportunities and capitalize with b1/b2? F3 is still one of the better staggers in the game, and if you’re conditioning your opponent 2,1 can be extremely annoying to deal with.

EDIT: why’re you trying to TP mid range anyway? You were spoiled by a Mid TP. Now you have to learn how to actually play. It will be ok sir.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Reborn took a hit but it could have been worse. They could have reverted TP cancel back to costing 2 bars.

The bigger nerf is the D4 one, for me at least since I use Searing Rage. But to be fair, his D4 was ridiculous so I get it.

As a Scorpion main I’m fine with the nerfs. But as I said, I main Searing Rage.

Chernyy Volk

You honestly need to level up. You’re telling me Scorp can’t create whiff punish opportunities and capitalize with b1/b2? F3 is still one of the better staggers in the game, and if you’re conditioning your opponent 2,1 can be extremely annoying to deal with.

EDIT: why’re you trying to TP mid range anyway? You were spoiled by a Mid TP. Now you have to learn how to actually play. It will be ok sir.
You don't get it so I mean lol

Scorpion will never get in. Trust me.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Just use TP how it's meant to be used: to punish people for anything and everything. Wait for them to make a mistake and melt their health bar. Scorpion is good because he has good tools. Not because he could get away with a random teleport.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Just use TP how it's meant to be used: to punish people for anything and everything. Wait for them to make a mistake and melt their health bar. Scorpion is good because he has good tools. Not because he could get away with a random teleport.
this :)

How does it feel with the shoe on the other foot Scorpion? Mr. oh look at me walking back and forth like I'm playing footsies but I'm really just waiting for you to move so I can teleport for a free combo.
and that ! :D

Chernyy Volk

You're wrong though. Scorpion gets in fine. He has one of the best walk speeds in the game and a ton of advancing strings. I stay right in his optimal midrange pretty much constantly. He's build to stay in that area because he loses up close and everyone else loses to him full screen.
I'll play you right now and show you this isn't gonna happen. Ft10.

Chernyy Volk

Are you serious about his neutral presence lacking? Cause I find his neutral one of the best in the game
You're still gonna have to risk playing footsies with teleport. You're not really whiff punishing Jade or Kabal with your buttons, you used teleport to do that stuff anyway. The problem is getting in as I said.