What's new

Scorpion Might Be Dead

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
he's fucked because that's not rewarded in this game at the highest level.
I don't think that should bother you then lol. You know? The highest level.

Seen enough videos of you getting mopped all over youtube and then rq / insulting ppl in private MSGs lmao.

I guess when you tea bag someone, and then that(those) someone(s) straight up roll over you scorpion it gets kinda scary to think what u'll do once his tp became mid. Eh?

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Wait, sorry, I think i'm confused.
Are you saying Scorpion was/is trash tier in MK11?
What, lol, no. There are MK games BEFORE MK11 and I've played all of them since the first in 1992. Scorpion has never been as close to being as good as he almost was in MK11. He's always been an atrociously unsafe high risk-high reward character usually mid or low-mid but in the first two games he was pretty bad honestly, lol. TP was almost useless except mid screen as he couldn't tp through the corner "walls" back then, lol. Sooo bad. He's great in MK11, upper tiers or high end of mid at WORST but never in the same league (or tournaments for that matter) with a really good Geras, Sonya, Erron, Cassie, or Jacqui. So not top tier but right below it even though realistically if the teleport "broke the game" for you, you REALLY need to learn how to play better. I'm mediocre at best and an over teleporting ScrubScorp even on WiFi was like candy to me before the patch, lol.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Wow! After fighting numerous, seemingly unaware about the patch, Scorpion players, I can safely say that they based their game around threatening you with the TP and nothing more. I blew up every TP on reaction, even at the start of it being amplified. It was a big welcome to Uppercut City, population..... Scorpion.

Obviously, a good Scorpion player will bait you into a TP or better yet, combo into it. But these non-fundamental having yahoos now have to properly learn their character. I used to just block and grab the TP attempt. Now I duck and punish. These were the absolute easiest wins in KL I've ever earned.

Now you will know when you face a real Scorpion player from the thousands of TP/spear happy players. My condolences to all the phony Scorpion players and congrats to all the real Scorpion players. Your character is now legit and will become scary in the right hands.

Espio

Kokomo
Alright time is up lets do this... LEEEEERROOOOOOYYYYY SSSSSMMMIIIITTTTH

Liek, dude, you lost to a fuken jade while playing Scorpion, come on, why did u did a raw TP and put yosef bacc into da connor mahn!
This is why people make match up charts with Jade/Scorpion as 5-5 lolol. Kudos to the Jade player for being a gigantic troll the whole time. Jade giggling cause children wanna play "the floor is lava" with video on her and Jade got a fly swatter for these hoes.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Alright time is up lets do this... LEEEEERROOOOOOYYYYY SSSSSMMMIIIITTTTH

Liek, dude, you lost to a fuken jade while playing Scorpion, come on, why did u did a raw TP and put yosef bacc into da connor mahn!
lul

It gets worse

It a cold hard truth to find out that in your own world you are awesome but in really you just suck.
Double lul

out of all the teleport characters, with this patch which teleports are the best?

1. Scorp's teleport still no1 if used right even with the patch?
  2. Kung Lao?
  3. Cetrion mainly because she has strong keep away tools and then tele run away
  4. rest
Liu
Noob
Kollector
skarlet
kitana

so scorp still got the best teleport out of all the teleport characters in the current patch? or how would you guys place these?

Matix218

Get over here!
out of all the teleport characters, with this patch which teleports are the best?

2. Kung Lao?
  4. rest
Liu
Noob
Kollector
skarlet
kitana

so scorp still got the best teleport out of all the teleport characters in the current patch? or how would you guys place these?
I would say scorpion still has the best teleport

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
I would say scorpion still has the best teleport

2. Kung Lao?
  4. rest
Liu
Noob
Kollector
skarlet
kitana

I would disagree. I think D'vorah in Arachnophobia is now the best teleport on paper but time will tell.

Matix218

Get over here!
I would disagree. I think D'vorah in Arachnophobia is now the best teleport on paper but time will tell.
I am so ignorant of that character (I dont play her and I have never faced one online yet) I cant comment on her teleport. You may be right, I just dont know.

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
I am so ignorant of that character (I dont play her and I have never faced one online yet) I cant comment on her teleport. You may be right, I just dont know.
Fair enough! I know only a little about her because I've seen a few and even more now post patch. I'm not certain but it's definitely a solid TP and hits mid for a full combo.

E

Eldriken

Off topic, but what is the answer to her teleport grab? I faced this for the first time last night and almost lost due to it.

I mean, screw scorpion obviously lol but I understand what Cherny is saying. The character doesn’t have the BEST anything outside of that mid teleport so when you strip it away the truth is there is just no reason to play scorp over a character with stronger neutral/damage at this point. But that’s on NRS for centering an entire char around a silly fuck neutral move. Scorp will still be good in the hands of the true scorp mains who know how to TP with a brain IMO

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Off topic, but what is the answer to her teleport grab? I faced this for the first time last night and almost lost due to it.
Its -19 if you block it. She's crouching in recovery tho, so might need to punish with a mid just to be safe.

E

Eldriken

Its -19 if you block it. She's crouching in recovery tho, so might need to punish with a mid to be safe.
...I swear I tried blocking it and got hit. I must not have been pressing it in time. I thought the shit was unblockable. >.>