What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

I just watch Chris G vs Zintai Kabal.

That Yolo cancel into cross jump is new to me lol.
Other than that he player how Reborn "should be" played without tele cancel mixup - I play Reborn that way too. But that is why I rather do not play it. It does just not feel good to me.

Btw he used ton of F42xxtele which is fake on flawless block but opponent did not know it lol.

And of course fundamental play was pretty good - I just commented the Reborn aspect.

I may catch other match too - that was not enough to insipire me - rather comfirmed how I do not want to play. :)

Hm then watch vs. Rewind.
Even Rewind was not prepared enough against Scorpion (no F42 FB counter, and "how to punish teleport"). :)
Nerf teleport pls.

GG Chris G.
I didn’t catch his matches.

I didn’t catch his matches.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/445420293

From 5:11:00.
2 Chris G matches were close to each other after the first match you skip few and will see vs. Rewind.

I watched only first 6 hours so will continue tomorrow it is 2 am here - and I did not sleep yesterday either.

Today's 6-7 KL matches were pretty bad - I still won more than lost but I was just nervous and unpatient - without sleeping that is my shape meh. :D
Tomorrow it will be even worse as I can not sleep today either. :)

But I could beat a Jade (with Sorpion) it was still close lol - "free win".

Chris G beat evo champ Reborn in pools with Reborn
Yep I linked you guys can watch it if missed. But probably will be uploaded to Youtube too as a hype.

If F42 is abused like Chris G did the opponent should do flawless block. F42 has better hitbox than B14 and still catches jumping opponents while B14 can be full combo whiff punishable (and also hitconfirmable) - only downside that it has a gap and tele cancel will not save you either if you do it right. And 7F Jab punish on F423 should be possible even offline if practiced properly (pretty annoying timing).

I would lie if I told you I punish it every time when face Scorpions. I am so surprised that anybody uses it so I just take it. :D

Last edited:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/445420293

From 5:11:00.
2 Chris G matches were close to each other after the first match you skip few and will see vs. Rewind.

I watched only first 6 hours so will continue tomorrow it is 2 am here - and I did not sleep yesterday either.

Today's 6-7 KL matches were pretty bad - I still won more than lost but I was just nervous and unpatient - without sleeping that is my shape meh. :D
Tomorrow it will be even worse as I can not sleep today either. :)

But I could beat a Jade (with Sorpion) it was still close lol - "free win".
He played him super lame lol. Ran away and engaged when he felt like it. Based his entire strategy off of TP threat lmao.

He played him super lame lol. Ran away and engaged when he felt like it. Based his entire strategy off of TP threat lmao.
Yes sure that is the main purpose I do not like it (strategy off of TP threat).

The threat of regular tele against overextension/projectile is the threat I like presenting with Scorpion started from MKX.

Searing rage will now not open up people full screen watching each other lol.

But it is personal preference I respect Reborn mentality too.

I liked escaping in mkx more with cancel but in mkx the back walk/dash was so trash and opponent rushed Scorpion down.
Here in MK11 it is not a problem anymore - maybe only against few chars.

Btw as I fight better people in KL I experience massive crouch blocking respect which is good lol.
I may start using B3 more. Not that miracle option but something. Sometimes I walk back and forth 4-5 times in a raw but opponent just crouch blocking - waiting for throw to tech lol. I usually do the same who wants to press buttons against Scorpion. :)
And I eat B3 as well in that case.

Last edited:
I like SR better because of f3,2. It doesn’t take a very good player to interrupt f3 stagger in RB. It’s always a risk involved vs SR.

His offense is risky, but more rewarding than RB.
In order to punish F3 stagger counters F3xx tele is the same as F32 if Reborn wants to take the same risk/reward.
Tele is 23F, F32 2nd hit is 17 but both punishes even a D1 interrupt.

But I did not really see it from anyone yet probably they do not want to take that risk and rather use the safe F34. @NaughtySenpai did it against me when he was sick of my interruption and I just realized that tool lol GG.

But at least F32 makes things spicy as it is an overhead so D3|D4 stagger can work a bit better if the opponent decides to block (and should block high to cover both F32/F34). Maybe opponent can be conditioned to block low and an F32 can work better later... Risk of course.
But if the opponent decides to challenge the stagger it does not matter.

Yeah I get a lot of mileage out cancelling d1 or f3 with amped teleport on people who like to either block my pokes or interrupt f3 staggers.
That shit carried me to Demi God in KL.

Another alright tactic for Reborn against 9F mid bullies is cancelling d1 into far teleport cancel, just to get out of the mixup/stagger range and reset to neutral.

I absolutely love how lame Reborn plays. It's a lot like playing a zoner but I can better wrap my head around it.

I like SR better because of f3,2. It doesn’t take a very good player to interrupt f3 stagger in RB. It’s always a risk involved vs SR.

His offense is risky, but more rewarding than RB.
that's one thing i don't get. people act like f3 stagger in unstoppable but people are constantly disrespecting my f3 stagger. my only offensive options are so supposed to be d1 or throw after f3 or go for f34. what about liu, jax, or jacqui that get stagger pressure for free? i have been able to recognize when my opponent is mashing on f3 so i can go for f3,2 but i wish i could make it safe. like amp burning spear will stop them from punishing me on it

that's one thing i don't get. people act like f3 stagger in unstoppable but people are constantly disrespecting my f3 stagger. my only offensive options are so supposed to be d1 or throw after f3 or go for f34. what about liu, jax, or jacqui that get stagger pressure for free? i have been able to recognize when my opponent is mashing on f3 so i can go for f3,2 but i wish i could make it safe. like amp burning spear will stop them from punishing me on it
Scorpion is mainly MID range footsie character while Liu, Jax, Jaqui up close rush down characters (ok Liu is different but point is on the up close part).

Scorpion stagger game is weaker than their (still strong) but much stronger at MID range.

Scorpion is mainly MID range footsie character while Liu, Jax, Jaqui up close rush down characters.
Scorpion stagger game is weaker than their (still strong) but much stronger at MID range.
yeah but a lot of people around here try to say scorpion's f3 stagger is just super good while there are clear characters with much better stagger game.

yeah but a lot of people around here try to say scorpion's f3 stagger is just super good while there are clear characters with much better stagger game.
It was super good for 2 months. Now it starts normalizing as people got comfortable with it. :)
F3 is good stagger as -2 on block and fast recovery - but to make it more legit Scorpion need to take risks with F32, F3xxtele or using F34.
If the opponent is conditioned to be afraid of the follow up more than the stagger it will work better. Scorpion needs to earn it somehow. F34 KB is a really good way though we can not deny it. :)

I use stagger game sparingly (complement the MID range footsie game) and it looks like working better that way.
But I meet with more challenging people and I have the balls to do F32 too.

I do not use it yet but might worth it: After F34 a "free" Burning Spear... That makes F34 a bit more rewarding than just hitting with the 2nd hit for 7% (?).

In order to punish F3 stagger counters F3xx tele is the same as F32 if Reborn wants to take the same risk/reward.
Tele is 23F, F32 2nd hit is 17 but both punishes even a D1 interrupt.

But I did not really see it from anyone yet probably they do not want to take that risk and rather use the safe F34. @NaughtySenpai did it against me when he was sick of my interruption and I just realized that tool lol GG.

But at least F32 makes things spicy as it is an overhead so D3|D4 stagger can work a bit better if the opponent decides to block (and should block high to cover both F32/F34). Maybe opponent can be conditioned to block low and an F32 can work better later... Risk of course.
But if the opponent decides to challenge the stagger it does not matter.
F3,2 also forces stand block. You can really play with 2 & 2,1 staggers in SR without worrying too much about d2KB.

It was super good for 2 months. Now it starts normalizing as people got comfortable with it. :)
F3 is good stagger as -2 on block and fast recovery - but to make it more legit Scorpion need to take risks with F32, F3xxtele or using F34.
If the opponent is conditioned to be afraid of the follow up more than the stagger it will work better. Scorpion needs to earn it somehow. F34 KB is a really good way though we can not deny it. :)

I use stagger game sparingly (complement the MID range footsie game) and it looks like working better that way.
But I meet with more challenging people and I have the balls to do F32 too.

I do not use it yet but might worth it: After F34 a "free" Burning Spear... That makes F34 a bit more rewarding than just hitting with the 2nd hit for 7% (?).
honestly f3 stagger is only enhanced by walk back because it's -2 and searing rage f32 because overhead makes them stand so now you can start enforcing your 21, 212 or 21 1+3 pressure

Trust me, I get it lmao. Dudes on this forum must be getting mauled by LK if they can’t stop f3.

Nowadays I find myself still having the f34 kb loaded in the last round just because the threat of it is more useful than the kb itself.

Trust me, I get it lmao. Dudes on this forum must be getting mauled by LK if they can’t stop f3.
i'm probably 4 maybe 5/10 for beating liu kangs because of f4 etc. pressure alone, dragon kick punishing spear, b2 string pressure, and fireballs sometimes beating out my teleport.

F3,2 also forces stand block. You can really play with 2 & 2,1 staggers in SR without worrying too much about d2KB.
That "no worry about D2 KB" is not true I think.
F32 only forces stand block if the opponent wants to block it.
If he reads stagger he will not stand block but when you start S2 he might D2 KB. :)

But I agree with you guys that S2 is more viable with SR as normally opponents block F32 with stand and S2 will not whiff on crouching block females.
But if it is the case D3 would hit cleanly as well. :)

If opponent is conditioned with D3 as well he will rather crouch block to cover D3 and F34 - here is when Scorpion can have the balls for F32.

I.saw in a recent tournament match with Emperor where opponent ALWAYS crouch blocked. Few F32 hit but Emperor did not risk more and I saw.5-6 F34 blocked crouching. :)

Last edited: