What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
let me try to remember because I'm not on right now. (with spear buff) f.3,2 ex.tp j.4 ex.tp f.3 death spin
Interesting I’ll have to try that one. I’ve been doing spear buff, f32 xx amp tp, f32 xx amp spear, f32 xx death spin. With a jump in 2 starter it does 45%. The one bar version does 40%. Burning spear, ji2, f32 xx amp tp, f32 xx death spin.

Interesting I’ll have to try that one. I’ve been doing spear buff, f32 xx amp tp, f32 xx amp spear, f32 xx death spin. With a jump in 2 starter it does 45%. The one bar version does 40%. Burning spear, ji2, f32 xx amp tp, f32 xx death spin.
my one bar combo, although the timing is kinda tricky so I'm thinking about dropping, is f32 ex tp f3 f32 death spin. i've basically been trying to figure out combos that give me every hit of the death spin

iAmOME

Worst NRS player
Anyone else feel like his 212 Krushing Blow is useless? The only way to get it is in an Amplified Spear combo and at that point the scaling makes the damage from the KB not worth it

Anyone else feel like his 212 Krushing Blow is useless? The only way to get it is in an Amplified Spear combo and at that point the scaling makes the damage from the KB not worth it
it depends on how optimal your combo is before you go for it. I have a combo that ends with 212 that gives me i think 43% before the damage over time. usually you want to use amplified teleport before you go for an amplified spear combo to squeeze out the most of your damage

iAmOME

Worst NRS player
it depends on how optimal your combo is before you go for it. I have a combo that ends with 212 that gives me i think 43% before the damage over time. usually you want to use amplified teleport before you go for an amplified spear combo to squeeze out the most of your damage
What combo is that? I can't think of a combo that makes it worth it tbh

What combo is that? I can't think of a combo that makes it worth it tbh
well you have to be using the searing rage variation because I haven't tried the other one but (with spear buff on) f32 ex.tp f3 f32 ex spear 212. you can substitute out the f3 after ex.tp because that makes the combo slightly harder and I honestly just don't go for it in tense situations anymore

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
TP cancel now costs 1 bar of defence meter instead of two. That is HUUUUGE buff, because his u3 is super-wakeup with great hitbox and you need that 1 bar of defencive meter. Really good buff (but i heard, that TP cancel is braindead now)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Not good. Scorpion not need that, he is very good now and that buffs make him more braindead, especially f32
What? You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about. You must be getting bopped by Scorpion.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Go to the Towers of Grind and try to do his Character Tower that requires 100 Krushing Blows performed to unlock, and say that c.c
His 212 KB is the easiest way to GUARANTEE a KB outside of a full range Spear... and its harder to get a full range Spear than to get the 212 KB.

Anyone watch /r/MortalKombat's recent Fight Night Live? I think that's the first decent'ish level play of MK11 I've seen to date... there was some strong Scorpion being shown there. A lot of zoners ie Noobs and Skarlets were getting shut down by his Hellport. Also the change to F42 being -10 on block makes it a LOT more usable up front as -10 is not 'please murder me' levels of unsafe, despite still being unsafe.

It does confirm one thing though, Scorpion is the anti-zoner. Everyone must respect the Hellport.

iAmOME

Worst NRS player
well you have to be using the searing rage variation because I haven't tried the other one but (with spear buff on) f32 ex.tp f3 f32 ex spear 212. you can substitute out the f3 after ex.tp because that makes the combo slightly harder and I honestly just don't go for it in tense situations anymore
But a double amplified teleport combo does more damage, so I really don't see how it's worth it

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
I keep finding myself wishing the spear buff could be used like Hellfire Scorpion in MKX... if you could activate it in a combo it would be so freaking good...

But a double amplified teleport combo does more damage, so I really don't see how it's worth it
true. it's more like you get this combo, dot is in affect, then you apply pressure to increase the dot gain but scorpion's krushing blows are kinda ass

I keep finding myself wishing the spear buff could be used like Hellfire Scorpion in MKX... if you could activate it in a combo it would be so freaking good...
that would actually be sick. they would have to reduce mad recovery on it. i still don't know what the use of amplified spear buff is

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
that would actually be sick. they would have to reduce mad recovery on it. i still don't know what the use of amplified spear buff is
Nerfed version of MKX Hellfire Aura. It improves the damage of any hits with the Spear only... which includes Death Spin and the extra chain combos, hence why its good in that variation.

Nerfed version of MKX Hellfire Aura. It improves the damage of any hits with the Spear only... which includes Death Spin and the extra chain combos, hence why its good in that variation.
so ex spear buff further increases the damage of spear buff?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah his Krushing Blows aren’t that great. The spear one is absolutely useless, like seriously, come ooooon. The 212 KB ender is okay in certain situations but there’s better options. f34 counterhit KB is okay for meterless or 1 bar damage at least. But again, in V2 it’s better to just start with f32. The universal D2 KB is decent since Scorpion can actually combo pretty well off of it. I need to know the startup frames of a D2 vs f3 though.

But the thing is Scorpion doesn’t suffer damage wise. He even has somewhat decent meterless damage. But you’ll almost always have meter anyway. So him having bad KB’s isn’t that big of a deal imo.

Yeah his Krushing Blows aren’t that great. The spear one is absolutely useless, like seriously, come ooooon. The 212 KB ender is okay in certain situations but there’s better options. f34 counterhit KB is okay for meterless or 1 bar damage at least. But again, in V2 it’s better to just start with f32. The universal D2 KB is decent since Scorpion can actually combo pretty well off of it. I need to know the startup frames of a D2 vs f3 though.

But the thing is Scorpion doesn’t suffer damage wise. He even has somewhat decent meterless damage. But you’ll almost always have meter anyway. So him having bad KB’s isn’t that big of a deal imo.
I can't think of any decent meterless damage besides going for string into death spin. He has no launches and spear needs meter. I love scorpion but this has to be my least favorite scorpion

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
I can't think of any decent meterless damage besides going for string into death spin. He has no launches and spear needs meter. I love scorpion but this has to be my least favorite scorpion
Its sad but I half agree with you.

Half, because STYLISTICALLY this is the best Scorpion ever IMO with how they give him proper integrated katana based moves and also design wise. TBH, Scorpion's current design is way more samurai than ninja... Ninja do not use katana unless they've had Kenjutsu training. His old swords were more true to the ninja design (ie dual wield ninjato, which were actual straight dull blades)... but damnit, this current design really does rock. Also, the 'Toasty' Brutality... having that on tap tickles my nostalgia boner like no other... Scorpion's Brutalities are way way better Fatalities than his actual Fatalities.

But meh, style and design aside... he needs some real buffs to be competitive.

Its sad but I half agree with you.

Half, because STYLISTICALLY this is the best Scorpion ever IMO with how they give him proper integrated katana based moves and also design wise. TBH, Scorpion's current design is way more samurai than ninja... Ninja do not use katana unless they've had Kenjutsu training. His old swords were more true to the ninja design (ie dual wield ninjato, which were actual straight dull blades)... but damnit, this current design really does rock. Also, the 'Toasty' Brutality... having that on tap tickles my nostalgia boner like no other... Scorpion's Brutalities are way way better Fatalities than his actual Fatalities.

But meh, style and design aside... he needs some real buffs to be competitive.
well I mean aesthetically this is probably my 2nd favorite scorpion but mechanically he's pretty underwhelming