What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion General Discussion

Which variation do you use the most?

• Total voters

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Hey guy, obviously speaking outside of the FBCs i mentioned -_-
But thanks for the help nonetheless buddy
No not obviously, you said he wasn't really a blockstring character. No need to get all patronizing and assholey buddy, I'm just pointing out you wrote something wrong.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
No not obviously, you said he wasn't really a blockstring character. No need to get all patronizing and assholey buddy, I'm just pointing out you wrote something wrong.
Thanks. Sorry if youre offended
As he doesn't have multiple strings to tinker with. Better?

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Ok so it seems like the 214 teleport, 214 ex teleport now whiffs, but it ain't that bad considering the opponent has to eat your mixup ;) new tech, rejoice!

P.S You can just do 21 ex tp and it will work :p more options for everyone lol

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Speaking that this is a "general discussion" I really wished the hoped they would of added him saying "Get the fuck over here!" like in shaolin monks. Anyways stating which variation I use before you start to bitch, I use Inferno. I like summoning that minion and getting double free hits.

L1FTER

Noob
Ok so it seems like the 214 teleport, 214 ex teleport now whiffs, but it ain't that bad considering the opponent has to eat your mixup ;) new tech, rejoice!

P.S You can just do 21 ex tp and it will work :p more options for everyone lol
114 works as well.

Reauxbot

Speaking that this is a "general discussion" I really wished the hoped they would of added him saying "Get the fuck over here!" like in shaolin monks. Anyways stating which variation I use before you start to bitch, I use Inferno. I like summoning that minion and getting double free hits.
Oh man. That was my favorite Scorpion. But seeing how this game is gonna be publicly displayed at tourneys and all they probably decided otherwise. You should tag Boon in a tweet and have it for the next patch. :eek:

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Oh man. That was my favorite Scorpion. But seeing how this game is gonna be publicly displayed at tourneys and all they probably decided otherwise. You should tag Boon in a tweet and have it for the next patch. :eek:
I mean they have Cassie Cage giving the middle finger in the vs screen and they also had Lobo giving the finger in his super so I dont think it would be a problem.

Reauxbot

I mean they have Cassie Cage giving the middle finger in the vs screen and they also had Lobo giving the finger in his super so I dont think it would be a problem.
Well everyone skips the cutscene for walkaways anyways. I barely get to see it anymore :(
And wasnt the middle finger blurred out?

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
I'm a little upset over the 214 nerf.

Does this mean 214xxTP-21xxSP/MG is still viable? I don't have the patch downloaded just yet. I can use 114 as that is still fine but I wanna know because I use 214 the most.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Looks like double flame aura combos are not possible now as well. Another phantom nerf.

I believe this is the final product of Scorp. Still very good and less gimmicky with the 214 stuff.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Looks like double flame aura combos are not possible now as well. Another phantom nerf.

I believe this is the final product of Scorp. Still very good and less gimmicky with the 214 stuff.
Is 2,1,4 xx FBC still positive on block? How have the combos been affected? Is Ninjutsu a serious threat now?

Xzyj

Noob
If someone could put up a video with new Ninjutsu combos i'll be very pleased.
#PCMASTER... oh wait

EOTL

Ninjutsu does over 30% for most things. Not a scorpion main but:

b3, b3, b3 j3~tele, 21~spear, ji2, 4~tele is over 30

f2, b3 j3~tele, 21~spear, ji2, 4~tele is over 30

connecting 2 after 214 tele is a bit tight but will be consistent with like 10 mins practice which i'm not doing.

214 run cancel is still positive but has a gap now which is fairer to be honest. Shame it messed up other stuff like 214~tele, 214 ex tele

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Ninjutsu does over 30% for most things. Not a scorpion main but:

b3, b3, b3 j3~tele, 21~spear, ji2, 4~tele is over 30

f2, b3 j3~tele, 21~spear, ji2, 4~tele is over 30

connecting 2 after 214 tele is a bit tight but will be consistent with like 10 mins practice which i'm not doing.

214 run cancel is still positive but has a gap now which is fairer to be honest. Shame it messed up other stuff like 214~tele, 214 ex tele
You're getting consecutive B3s in Ninjutsu to combo? Wow he really did get amazing buffs. :DOGE

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Hey guys I'm putting together a Scorpion video regarding all the changes to hellfire post-patch. So far I have:

• New BnBs
  • Flame aura will not work twice in one combo. This is hard-coded like FBC not working twice in a combo.
  • 214 FBC is now +7~8 and the blockstring is dead
  • That means new post-combo mixups
  • 214xxEXFB doesn't jail
  • 214xxEX Spear doesn't combo
Did I miss anything?

This might actually be a good thing guys. I mean sure, now there is risk involved and he no longer has exploitable cheese, but since there is incentive for the opponent to push buttons it means more variety in the mixups, and more opportunities for a reset. Of course it means we have to earn it now. Muscle memory no longer equals victory.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Hey guys I'm putting together a Scorpion video regarding all the changes to hellfire post-patch. So far I have:

• New BnBs
  • Flame aura will not work twice in one combo. This is hard-coded like FBC not working twice in a combo.
  • 214 FBC is now +7~8 and the blockstring is dead
  • That means new post-combo mixups
  • 214xxEXFB doesn't jail
  • 214xxEX Spear doesn't combo
Did I miss anything?

This might actually be a good thing guys. I mean sure, now there is risk involved and he no longer has exploitable cheese, but since there is incentive for the opponent to push buttons it means more variety in the mixups, and more opportunities for a reset. Of course it means we have to earn it now. Muscle memory no longer equals victory.
Sounds good to me, might also worth be mentioning that you can't get a safe teleport cancel from 214 anymore even though it's not Hellfire-exclusive.

Edit: Oh, and mention standing 4 apparently getting it's blockstun nerfed too.

Reauxbot

So are thoughts about Ninjitsu still the same but just different damage?
Ive always loved his armor breaker and now i get to play Leonardo with Scorpion. Legit