What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion General Discussion

Which variation do you use the most?

• Total voters

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
may not combo no more because of the patch ima have to see, but you should be doing either stand 3 or 21

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Yeah, exactly, does it combo? I might be doing the FBRC too slow, as in the lab the F3 is always blocked after the b12xxFBRC.
B1 by itself FBRC links with S2 if you're looking for a sure fire way to use your fastest mid.

Tomek

Noob
may not combo no more because of the patch ima have to see, but you should be doing either stand 3 or 21
If so, what is currently the hardest FBRC combo? I really want to grind it out to perfection, I'd like to know what is the best/most difficult I can do with it.

Also, is this thread up to date:
https://testyourmight.com/threads/all-optimal-combos-as-of-6-25-patch.53712/

As a newbie I don't know how to confirm if the combos I am doing don't work out because of patch changes or because I simply suck ;p

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
hardest is f4 fbrc into 21 its a one frame link. yea you can use that thread no combos has changed for scorpion

Tomek

Noob
How do you guys deal with corner pressure? I am relying on ex bf4 to get out of it, but it doesn't always work and I don't always have the meter for that.

PS. I am Ninjutsu Scorpion.

Last edited:

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
How do you guys deal with corner pressure? I am relying on ex f4 to get out of it, but it doesn't always work and I don't always have the meter for that.

Depending on the spacing u can actually tp out but it's an unsafe option. with ninjutsu u may hv to end up blocking for a bit and find gaps to armor through with EX bf4 which allows u to reset and give u room to work with. honestly Scorpion doesn't have good defensive options

iamShorteh

"Vengeance will be mine!"
How do you guys deal with corner pressure? I am relying on ex bf4 to get out of it, but it doesn't always work and I don't always have the meter for that.

B4 cancel into teleport cancel after first blade hits generally is a good way to get out of the corner.

Ger187

Noob
can someone of you scorpion mains explain me what to do if a ninjitsu player does f2 then the scissor leg move? because if you dont block high he hits you with the overhead then full combo..

Tomek

Noob
can someone of you scorpion mains explain me what to do if a ninjitsu player does f2 then the scissor leg move? because if you dont block high he hits you with the overhead then full combo..
Can't it simply be blocked? Try it out in the lab, but I think you can just block high and then quickly block low.

Matix218

Get over here!
This mixup can be fuzzy guarded which means if you learn the timing you can actually block in a way that will allow you to block the low (takedown) or the overhead (2nd hit of f2).

I think you have to block the low first and then stop holding down to cover the overhead. I may be wrong on this as I have not practiced this fuzzy myself but someone should be able to confirm if you block the OH before the low. Either way it 100% is possible to fuzzy this mixup consistantly. Top players are able to do this consistantly but it is not an easy fuzzy guard IMO as the timing seems quite tight (especially online). If you are unable to get consistant with the fuzzy guard you are forced to guess if they are going to cancel into takedown or not. Imo the best way to practice this is to select your character and select ninjutsu as your training dummy. Go to "record AI". Then record the dummy doing a bunch of raw f2's mixed in with f2~takedowns. Do a bunch and do enough where you wont remember the order of them so when you stop recording you can practice blocking and once you have the fuzzy guard down you should be able to block the same way (and stop holding down at the same time) and it will block both options everytime. If you have a friend who you play with (offline or online) you can go into training and have them do the mixup at random and try to learn the fuzzy that way.

Ger187

Noob
This mixup can be fuzzy guarded which means if you learn the timing you can actually block in a way that will allow you to block the low (takedown) or the overhead (2nd hit of f2).

I think you have to block the low first and then stop holding down to cover the overhead. I may be wrong on this as I have not practiced this fuzzy myself but someone should be able to confirm if you block the OH before the low. Either way it 100% is possible to fuzzy this mixup consistantly. Top players are able to do this consistantly but it is not an easy fuzzy guard IMO as the timing seems quite tight (especially online). If you are unable to get consistant with the fuzzy guard you are forced to guess if they are going to cancel into takedown or not. Imo the best way to practice this is to select your character and select ninjutsu as your training dummy. Go to "record AI". Then record the dummy doing a bunch of raw f2's mixed in with f2~takedowns. Do a bunch and do enough where you wont remember the order of them so when you stop recording you can practice blocking and once you have the fuzzy guard down you should be able to block the same way (and stop holding down at the same time) and it will block both options everytime. If you have a friend who you play with (offline or online) you can go into training and have them do the mixup at random and try to learn the fuzzy that way.
thanks thats a hell of a answer! :) i will try it

Matix218

Get over here!
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have a list of all of the projectiles that scorpion CAN'T punish on reaction with his teleport?

(Meaning the opponent can do the projectile and by the time you can see they have done it and input teleport they have already recovered and can block the teleport)

Thanks in advance!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have a list of all of the projectiles that scorpion CAN'T punish on reaction with his teleport?

(Meaning the opponent can do the projectile and by the time you can see they have done it and input teleport they have already recovered and can block the teleport)

Thanks in advance!
Well it'll probably depend on the distance the opponent is from you, you won't be able to teleport certain projectiles on reaction midscreen but you might be able to do it full screen.

Matix218

Get over here!
Well it'll probably depend on the distance the opponent is from you, you won't be able to teleport certain projectiles on reaction midscreen but you might be able to do it full screen.
Yes, i was referring to full screen or close to fullscreen. Should have specified

So I saw a recen vid where scorpion does 214~teleport>214~exTele thrn after he hits the opponent with the exTele instead if doing the regular 21~spear he hits them with a kick~spear. I've been trying to do this since it seemed way way easier and much more realiable in a combo as the 21~spear after the ex tele you have to run and time it good to connect, but I can't seem to know what kick it was or how he was holding on the pad. I think it was f3 but the spear never connects after that, any ideas?

thlityoursloat

kick kick
So I saw a recen vid where scorpion does 214~teleport>214~exTele thrn after he hits the opponent with the exTele instead if doing the regular 21~spear he hits them with a kick~spear. I've been trying to do this since it seemed way way easier and much more realiable in a combo as the 21~spear after the ex tele you have to run and time it good to connect, but I can't seem to know what kick it was or how he was holding on the pad. I think it was f3 but the spear never connects after that, any ideas?
s3 works. I think s1 into f3 works but it's a really tight link.