What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion General Discussion

Which variation do you use the most?

• Total voters

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I was going to make a thread in the general forums but didn't want it to turn into a Scorpion bashing session so I'll just ask it here with you guys.

Is Scorpion bugged or something when it comes to the new netcode? In other games, there have been characters that can cause lag and I'm starting to believe Scorpion may have that issue. Sounds crazy but I haven't come across one Scorpion in online play that didn't lag. Even in matches where someone wasn't using Scorpion at first (netcode fine), the moment they switched it started to consistently lag spike. Since you guys play him often, do you have any issues that you've noticed? Maybe its just my luck but ever since I started actively paying attention to it, its been noted.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I was going to make a thread in the general forums but didn't want it to turn into a Scorpion bashing session so I'll just ask it here with you guys.

Is Scorpion bugged or something when it comes to the new netcode? In other games, there have been characters that can cause lag and I'm starting to believe Scorpion may have that issue. Sounds crazy but I haven't come across one Scorpion in online play that didn't lag. Even in matches where someone wasn't using Scorpion at first (netcode fine), the moment they switched it started to consistently lag spike. Since you guys play him often, do you have any issues that you've noticed? Maybe its just my luck but ever since I started actively paying attention to it, its been noted.
You have found out our secret to winning online you must take this to your grave or suffer the consequences. How else would we ever hit a teleport or magically jk you when you clearly blocked it :DOGE

To be honest idk I do play some laggy scorpions sometimes mileena was another one I felt most ones always had a bad connection. Do you notice it with certain variations?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
You have found out our secret to winning online you must take this to your grave or suffer the consequences. How else would we ever hit a teleport or magically jk you when you clearly blocked it :DOGE

To be honest idk I do play some laggy scorpions sometimes mileena was another one I felt most ones always had a bad connection. Do you notice it with certain variations?
Ethereal and KJ usually have awful connections. But seriously I usually don't have bad connections.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Ethereal and KJ usually have awful connections. But seriously I usually don't have bad connections.
Yea I was jk I play scorpion and usually have pretty good connections to ppl occasional lag spikes but not bad. It might just be because scorpion and those characters are common characters so you have a better chance of running into someone with bad connection using them

JerzeyReign

Maybe its the combination of Mileena (who I use and she was known to suck online) and Scorpion? And Ninjitsu Scorpion seems to be the biggest culprit as he seems to be the most popular chocie atm. Not complaining though, just asking.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Maybe its the combination of Mileena (who I use and she was known to suck online) and Scorpion? And Ninjitsu Scorpion seems to be the biggest culprit as he seems to be the most popular chocie atm. Not complaining though, just asking.
Odd, I've rarely seen a "decent" ninjutsu player as they're all ass for the most part let alone a ninjutsu player but I do see HF quite a lot. And Mileena isn't bad anymore, she's actually pretty good but even pre XL, many people used her.

JerzeyReign

Odd, I've rarely seen a "decent" ninjutsu player as they're all ass for the most part let alone a ninjutsu player but I do see HF quite a lot. And Mileena isn't bad anymore, she's actually pretty good but even pre XL, many people used her.
I meant when it came to the netcode for Mileena.

Matix218

Get over here!
I play hellfire pretty much exclusively and have not had any issues with lag since they changed the netcode, assuming my ping with the person is decent of course.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ninjitsu seems to handle most of the matchups in this game fairly well. What are his Bad MU's? Imo Kotal in general can give ninjitsu scorpion some fits

@OutworldKeith
@Eddy Wang
@YOMI RM JagoBlake

Tag anyone else I may have missed thx.
Kotal lost part of his good stuff when scorpion was given a 7f normal, it changed the game completely, now Scorpion can punish everything Kotal do on screen, and also Scorpion rewards himself with clean punishes in this MU, because outspacing and backdashing Kotal actually works.

Same can't be said against other characters, Outlaw and Gun Slinger are bad, Hollywood cassie is pretty bad, Johnny Cage is bad, some can be managed, but in general is just grinding the MU more.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Kotal lost part of his good stuff when scorpion was given a 7f normal, it changed the game completely, now Scorpion can punish everything Kotal do on screen, and also Scorpion rewards himself with clean punishes in this MU, because outspacing and backdashing Kotal actually works.

Same can't be said against other characters, Outlaw and Gun Slinger are bad, Hollywood cassie is pretty bad, Johnny Cage is bad, some can be managed, but in general is just grinding the MU more.
Admittingly I'm starting to see better days against Kotal since XL, but it does seem difficult punishing Gunslinger's stuff as his low shots are only -2 on block and a lot of stuff pushes Scorpion back. Cassie and JC seem to be fairly manageable. Ex Nut Punch can be punished against Cassie if anticipated, same with JC

Ninjitsu seems to handle most of the matchups in this game fairly well. What are his Bad MU's? Imo Kotal in general can give ninjitsu scorpion some fits

@OutworldKeith
@Eddy Wang
@YOMI RM JagoBlake

Tag anyone else I may have missed thx.
I feel like NIN does really well against Kotal. Especially War God.

He struggles againsts characters that can pressure really well and exploit him after a KD. That's not to say he's helpless though. You just have to take a more fundamental approach.

Hollywood Cassie, A-list Cage, Deceptive Reptile to name a few.

Tweedy

Noob
So is F2 and B3 considered a 50/50?

The start up of F2 is obviously 15 frames. Does the 2nd hit come quick enough, to where people can't react when also thinking about B3/D4 and throw?

This might be one of life's greatest questions kappa.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
So is F2 and B3 considered a 50/50?

The start up of F2 is obviously 15 frames. Does the 2nd hit come quick enough, to where people can't react when also thinking about B3/D4 and throw?

This might be one of life's greatest questions kappa.
The second hit comes up about 2 frames or so after the first hit that it can break armor if timed right the 50/50 is f2/f2~takedown. The other 50/50 is b3 and f4 from what I rmr cuz they both link to spear pretty well and aren't really a launcher unlike f2