What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion General Discussion

Which variation do you use the most?

• Total voters

P3irce

Noob
lol, wtf is that hit advantage, damn i can't wait till i can buy ps4 mkxl, stuck on PC :e
Yeah it's pretty nuts it's 26 hit advantage and the overhead comes out in 25 so it's tight but after doing it a couple times it's not too crazy.

P3irce

Noob

Is this scorpions best meterless punish? It's 7 frame start up which is also huge.

Side note did s4 cancel always have this much advantage ?

P3irce

Noob

I apologize for all the links in advance but I keep finding this stuff. I have no idea if it's known or not but wanted to share if it isn't

Edit
You can loop three s4 in corner , the spacing has to be on point though

Anyone know how to get out of the Kotal b122 ex sunstone which seems to be able to jail and looks like it's in Kotal's favor. What's Scorp's best option against it, at least in the corner?
Respect the + frames.
However b122 xx ex sunstone still ha a gap I saw somebody back dashed and it did not hit him. I never labbed it though.
It is better to be respected especially in the corner lol (1 mistake and 40%)

There is not much to say. Ninjutsu is very good and very well discussed.
I need to apply the dirthy things like F2+takedown, B4 armor break. +strings are awesome for Ninjutsu as well.

However nowadays I am learning hellfire and fbrc as my old dream (not due to xl). :)

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
So I was playing a friend the other day and I was using hellfire and when he tried to armor the gap in 214 and I tried 214 takedown and I broke his armor and the takedown hit.

So I went to lab and I haven't tried all reversals but you can break your opponents armor if they try to armor the gap and you do 214 takedown. Now to beat Laos spin you have to use ex takedown.

I know it not really worth it because if your already reading they will armor why not just bait and punish but I just wanted to share this weird thing I found lol

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
You can also backdash some of them. You can backdash Liu Kang's DB2, Sub's DB1. I didn't think about takedown, interesting. You can also beat Kotal's EX DB1 if you teleport but it's a very hard and generally isn't in your favour.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
You can also backdash some of them. You can backdash Liu Kang's DB2, Sub's DB1. I didn't think about takedown, interesting. You can also beat Kotal's EX DB1 if you teleport but it's a very hard and generally isn't in your favour.
I'll have to try the backlash I didn't think about that at all

P3irce

Noob
You're kinda late to the party though, this one is known since the beta.

Here is some more.

Keep posting them though, the more people grinding out the more stuff we can optimize.

Ah fair enough I don't visit the scorp forum too often, thought this stuff was pretty neat though

My friend simply stopped blocking the (21) 4 and took the hit (probably was pressing D1). Pressure solved lol.

I cant hit confirm the last hit so I start the fbrc or risk a teleport (I wouldnt risk).
How should I bait it properly?

In that case should I fbrc after 21 instead of 214? Or simply stop 21 and start another 21 (6f D1 could poke me out)?
Or anything else?

Gap Armor reversal bait is another story.

If he keeps taking the last hit of 214, end it with ex spear. You're safe on block, full combo on hit.
Yeah it is kind of mind game right there :)
A better player would try armor reversal too or backdash. Even more mind game.

Unfortunately I am in the starter phase where my fbrc execution is simply bad fortunately 214 has huge advantage lol.

Real mind game starts when I can do b3,s3,f3,D4 fbrc by default (crucial in order to even start the pressure). Now thats too bad for the real fun - I just have to skip all the potential pressure opportunities, yet. :)
I am not sure I can do it because it seems too fast but probably I just need to learn it. I was able to do it in the lab just needed to concentrate very much.

But I am so happy even after a 214 fbrc throw lol.

Last edited:

Ze Dingo

Work on 123FBRC, 4FBRC and 21FBRC into his mix-ups as well. You need to have really a really good offensive mindset when playing Hellfire.

Work on 123FBRC, 4FBRC and 21FBRC into his mix-ups as well. You need to have really a really good offensive mindset when playing Hellfire.
Yeah thats why I like Ninjutsu. I am not very offensive I rather like whiff punishing lol.
And I can play an easier to execute mind game with sun god. :)

But I wont give up hellfire yet. With confident fbrc I would be very offensive. Now without fbrc I can mostly defend (I like flame aura AA and against run ins but I miss the swords) :)

123, 4 fbrc is good for variety or has special purpose? 123 is very close (no gap?), when to use S4 when s3 is superior?

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Thats what I've been working on lately trying to do 21fbc into b3fbc. It's definitely tough for me because of the timing and muscle memory doesn't help me either lol

Ze Dingo

I'd suggest you start off with 21FBRC into grab. Then 21 to bait. 21~FBRC~F2. Bait a wake up or oki with B32F2 or ex hellfire. Then try 21FBRC~21~flame aura.

What happens is, when the 21 pushes them back, the flame aura might catch them off guard because it will sometimes whiff and if they try to punish, the active frames will get them. If they get hit by the 21 the flame aura will catch them.

All this is theory fighting, mind you, so take it with a grain of salt.

Sit in practice mode and work on your setups. Just don't telegraph your offense or go into a flowchart. Nothing feels worse than an opponent downloading your pressure. Always be aware of your opponent's meter and know your frames.