What's new

Scorpion Frame Data

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
It certainly doesn't feel anywhere near 9 frames to me. I really wish it was 9 frames because it would help a lot. Part of the reason might stem from how it's animated. Some moves have very subtle start up frames such as a footsweep. Thus a footsweep can look fast but in reality be 17 frames. For example: Smoke's b4.
Damn.. so it really is 12. That's like a d4 man. Very very odd man, when I play Scorp it seems I can just dash up and start wailing the 111 spam but with any other character with a 12 frame attack it looks slow... for instance, like Noob's 2 - I find it tougher to start 212ing with Noob than 111ing with Scorp.

Pagan

Noob
There is other factors too like mobility. In the group i play with offline i have troubles getting in on my opponents using 1. I'm so tired of it getting stuffed that I've started using 33 more which isn't as good for pressure.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
It certainly doesn't feel anywhere near 9 frames to me. I really wish it was 9 frames because it would help a lot. Part of the reason might stem from how it's animated. Some moves have very subtle start up frames such as a footsweep. Thus a footsweep can look fast but in reality be 17 frames. For example: Smoke's b4.

Smoke's sweep is 17 frames? That thing looks hella fast.

Somberness

Lights
Somberness what's scorpion's d4 on crouch hit? It'd be hilarious if it was negative.
-6, I guess that means there is no exact pattern, that's bad. Just another thing to add..
why do you only have hit or block frames for Scorpion only?
There is also duration, I didn't really learn cancel advantages until after his. I'm not even sure if I can figure all his out.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Don't worry Somberness. Your tireless efforts to our community aren't without their acknowledgement.
We have enough frames for Scorpion ; )

The only cancel frames I'm interested in for Scorpion are D1 and D4 since I need to worry about people poking out of Takedown.

Somberness

Lights
I updated the thread. Sorry Scoot, I didn't see your post but I added it now and the cancel advantages. If you were ever wondering why his x-ray can link into certain things teleport can't, well... his x-ray actually stops time. The 2nd frame of the x-ray lasts for 9 frames. If they wanted it to link on the ground, why didn't they just make it faster?

Somberness

Lights
So f+4,3 stars up 4 frames faster than f+4 alone? That's weird. Btw thanks somberness.
Ignore the first, it is the time it takes for the last hit to connect, starting from the cancel frame. You can figure out gaps by taking the cancel advantage and then using that number. F+4 cancel advantage is above 13 so there is no gap.

swag1

EX smash solves all
Let me get this straight. Sektor and Kung Lao can full combo punish Scorpion's D+3 on HIT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?