What's new

Scorpion Frame Data

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
After reading that table, is there any reason to keep doing 1, 11 and 111 into Takedown? I know the gaps are thight, but still, the sole idea they don't jail bothers me.

Somberness

Lights
Why is his D3 -6 on HIT? It's 7f, just like everyone else's. What had NRS in mind?

Somberness
Maybe because he could cancel into an unblockable from such a fast low that would normally have +19 cancel advantage on crouch hit, so the hit stun is less than normal. Since that had been removed, they probably just forgot to change the properties, or are just cruel. Shang, CSZ and Kabal are other oddities, but I can see why they are different at least.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Maybe because he could cancel into an unblockable from such a fast low that would normally have +19 cancel advantage on crouch hit, so the hit stun is less than normal. Since that had been removed, they probably just forgot to change the properties, or are just cruel. Shang, CSZ and Kabal are other oddities, but I can see why they are different at least.
Shang's d3 on hit is +3... at least he can follow up with something else.
Also, d4 into hellfire on block is a good idea?

Saint

Noob
Yeah but most single overheads are about this slow. This one advances quite far and is neutural. I like it
Wrong. It is the single slowest overhead I can think of for what it does, correct me on this if I'm wrong.

I can mention a handful characters that have faster ones, to name a few; Sonya, Jax, Liu Kang.

Cage has an overhead with the same speed that travels the same distance, but it launches into full combo.

If he were to be buffed, this would be one of the things I'd really appreciate having improved.

For what its worth it's definitely an option for the character.
Its not to fast but it does the trick because I'm looking for them to block it
It's got this clean push back to it that just stands em up for some jabs or d4
Also scorps b2 launches into a full combo there's your damage over head

Saint

Noob
Man you do not understand, Scorps B2 is irrelevant in this conversation because it is not the type of move being discussed.

It doesn't travel forward and you'll eat a full combo for having it blocked or whiffed.

Moreover, f3 does not do 'the trick', you want to use this as a whiff punisher and with it being so slow it's extremelly hard.

Sure landing you at 0 frames on block looks nice on paper but if you knew how Scorpion works this is a position you do not want to be in against more than half the cast.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So Krys9984 and I are doing a video for Jade on when to EN Glow during block strings. What strings for Scorpion do you know FOR SURE have gaps? Somberness

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I apologize if this has been asked before, but how many frames of advantage does f3 give when you hit an opponent who is jumping?
Somberness

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm likin' f214, it seems to be generally safe due to pushback against most chars and if they are slow with the punish, I can ex spear or takedown

Also 334 is like a ghetto Cyrax 334, l0l. It's funny how Scorp & Rain basically have the same 334.

Somberness

Lights
Somberness

How do you find out recovery frames? How does 1 1 1 have less "execution" than 1 1?
Use a move and then jump. This works for almost everything but there are some moves that lower the character's hitbox enough to throw the number off by 1. I need to catch those and either input an attack on each frame to see when the previous move ends, or just look closer at the animation. Usually, I can just tell when a move ends, but I go for the full jump animation first. 111's execution is for the last hit only (for now, until I add the cumulative numbers). It doesn't mean much, it basically just tells you how long the last hit takes to land if you decide to finish the string.