Leak might be real?

• Totally!

• No, it's fake!

• Doubtful...

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Espio

Kokomo
Lol at anybody being shocked or outraged about Sonya and Johnny being in the game as playable. They didn't survive MK9 just for the lulz. I'm really excited to see how they change over time as characters and their relationship with Cassie. If this game truly is passing the torch to the next generation, their inclusions make even more sense because it's a send off.

Also, if the roster leak is to be correct, the roster has an MK1/MK2 roster flavor. Everyone from MK1 that was playable returning (Liu Kang, Sonya, Johnny, Scorpion, Kano, Raiden, and Sub- zero plus Goro) and most of the MK2 roster returning (Jax, Mileena, Kitana, Reptile, Kung Lao plus aforementioned MK1 characters that also appeared in MK2).

MK3 is pretty much unrepresented unless you count UMK3/Ermac when he became playable. If anything, this roster is awesome because it is the blending of the classic rosters of the premier games and characters plus the innovation of the next generation with Kotal, D'Vorah, Erron Black, Cassie, Ferra/Torr, Jacqui, Kung Jin, Takeda. Then there's Quan Chi and Shinnok of MK4.

I think it's very fitting if it is legit. Plus there's the possibility of DLC to add Shang Tsung, Baraka to complete that list of MK1/MK2 characters.

trufenix

bye felicia
The whole 'kids of the fighters' thing is kind of lame in the first place. But do we need the whole family, too? Would much rather have new, original characters. Just...ugh. I don't follow the comics, but I couldn't care less. The group outside of Cassie is just lame.

/emorant
he said, rocking a cassie cage avatar and mood stamp

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
The whole 'kids of the fighters' thing is kind of lame in the first place. But do we need the whole family, too? Would much rather have new, original characters. Just...ugh. I don't follow the comics, but I couldn't care less. The group outside of Cassie is just lame.

/emorant
And I agree, but maybe they plan to appease the fans via the DLC, not that I think it would be great or something like that, on the contrary I think it would be awful but at least it would be something.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Im not given him credit, because this was my GUESS too even before the story tailer.

The only thing thats getting to me is it only Earthrealm, Outworld and Neatherealm the conon realms now?
other than a few nods in the MK9 endings

Yeah Ediana but thats gone now

Whos representing that Chaos Realm

I hope MKX isn't Teen Titans focused lol

Espio

Kokomo
lol at those who think they'll be 2 nutpunch characters in the game and 9 special force members. x)
If we're looking at the evidence like Sonya's faction photo, her Halloween costume, the towers, comics, official NRS trailers, official voice actor dialogue leaks etc. there's way more evidence on the side of Sonya, Jax and Cage being playable than not.

Last edited:

SaJa

FH_FenriR
If we're looking at the evidence like Sonya's faction photo, her Halloween costume, the towers, comics, official NRS trailers, official voice actor dialogue leaks etc. there's way more evidence on the side of Sonya, Jax and Cage being playable than not so in conclusion:

We've seen Cyrax and Rain in the tower as well, Sindel zombie, and not all of them will be playable. Cassie also looks like her mother (especially +25 years)

There isn't enough slot to put the whole family imo.

Espio

Kokomo
We've seen Cyrax and Rain in the tower as well, Sindel zombie, and not all of them will be playable. Cassie also looks like her mother (especially +25 years)
What does this have to do with MULTIPLE sources seeming to hint at Johnny Cage, Sonya and Jax? I didn't say anything about Cyrax, Rain or Sindel defintiely being playable or not being playable so that is not relevant at all.

Cassie looking like her mother is also irrelevant. She would logically look like her parents a little bit lol.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Its legit, sorry for those that were hoping for robots, smoke, and noob. Would have liked to see Tremor as well, but other than that its not too bad, and we will be getting DLC, im certain at least 1 or more of them will come back, willing to also bet that Sektor and Cyrax are gonna just be variations instead of a full character.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
lol at those who think they'll be 2 nutpunch characters in the game, 2 blond girl with commando suit, and 9 special force members, and the entire earthrealm family (uncle jax, jaqui, cassie, mum and dad). x)

Maybe Kotal's father will be in who knows lol
When Injustice launched it had 24 characters. 6 of the 24 were from the Batman universe. So 25% of the initial roster was from the Batman universe solely when DC has about 1000 characters to pick from.

Injustice had a final roster of 30, with 11 characters coming solely from the Batman and Superman universe. So 37% of the final roster was from the Batman and Superman universe alone, while characters like Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman didn't even have their rival villains represented nor anyone else from their story arcs.

Yet you don't believe there could be that many Earthrealm SF members. Interesting.

even if sonya and johnny are in the game along with cassie, i'm sure nrs is creative enough to give them unique fighting styles. and i don't mean "ken and ryu unique", where they share all the special moves, though use it differently. if johnny becomes earthrealm champion he could learn some crazy ass specials and strings, and sonya could use a lot of gadgets and shit.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You big babies. Jesus H. Christ.

You know...I've been trying to regulate some sanity in these MKX threads for awhile now. And yet, all anyone ever seems to want to do IS OVERREACT LIKE THIS AND MAKE WILD, UNFOUNDED CLAIMS BASED ON WILD SPECULATIONS! OMFG D00DZ, SONYA IS IN TEH GAME I HAET IT!!

That was me being facetious, by the way. Look it up, words are good for you.

Anyway, say Sonya, Jax, and Cage are in the game...
Do you really think they'll play anything like Cassie or Jacqui? No, they probably won't. I mean, Batman and Nightwing didn't play anything alike, and neither one played anything like Batgirl. So I'm very certain you will have your variety.

If this is the final roster, it's fine. Everything you would want from an MK game is represented.

Want to play someone from Lotus Society? Kung Lao and Kung Jin
Special forces? Sonya, Cassie, Jacqui, Takeda, and Cage.
Ninjas? Scorpion/Sub, Reptile, and Ermac
Perhaps something a bit different, more off the wall? Well, you'll have Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah, Ferra/Torr, Erron Black(maybe) and Goro to choose from.
Females? Mileena, Kitana, Cassie, Jacqui, Sonya, and Ferra/Tor. (Her name comes first, she's the boss. She's a female character, hold that.)
This is all before any of the DLC characters are revealed, where you get two guest characters who will probably play like no one else in the game, and two returning characters, who could very well be the ninja/cyborg/Havik(why on earth would anyone want that?)/Bo Rai Cho(see Havik)/Shang or anyone else you may want.

Wait. And. See. Be patient. Be calm. Control yourself.